4244 39 2019-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I know there are some around here who try to convince others that dji are somehow responsible for Remote ID and the implementation of it, this couldn't be further from the truth, and if you don't agree with your regulators (FAA) pushing parts of this on drone users now is time to complain to the FAA .

2019-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing this informative video and thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, redhotpoker posted it too this 'morning' (depending on where you are)
2019-11-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Well put together piece of information!
2019-11-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

man, im get excited now.. so i can locate drones and pilots location from this service and just take it off them, can prob even pick and choose my next victim.

just for this purpose i been testing wifi based WISP (wireless internet service provider) equipment i got my hands on for cheap, dual azimuth panel antenna with access point/repeater built in!  using my laptop in android-x86 with ARM library bridge minor testing i been able to control my friends spark a couple miles out below radio horizon (just) without any connection issues and through servera buildings and a lot of trees.. half power on these things are intense.  my only issue which is easy to overcome, is the Power over ethernet injection that powers the equipment i have, takes min of 24V, my car supplies only 12-14V so to get around this for now im using a couple cheap RC lipo's wired together to give little more then 24V but works. ut ill figure it out and build it into my car windows behind the dark tinting.. i gotten one up for testing on the rear side panel window and since not huge they hardly noticable as being there, just need to spray or fog them black so they blend in more...
2019-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-28 14:34
man, im get excited now.. so i can locate drones and pilots location from this service and just take it off them, can prob even pick and choose my next victim.

just for this purpose i been testing WISP (wireless internet service provider) equipment i got my hands on for cheap, dual azimuth panel antenna with access point/repeater built in!  using my laptop in android-x86 with ARM library bridge minor testing i been able to control my friends spark a couple miles out below radio horizon (just) without any connection issues and through servera buildings and a lot of trees.. half power on these things are intense.  my only issue which is easy to overcome, is the Power over ethernet injection that powers the equipment i have, takes min of 24V, my car supplies only 12-14V so to get around this for now im using a couple cheap RC lipo's wired together to give little more then 24V but works.

I wouldn’t rush out using it yet, you probably won’t see this for awhile yet, remember if you are flying a drone not connected to ID then it’s pretty easy for the law to just ask you to show your connected and I’m sure if their not picking your drone up on their app then it’s pretty easy for them .
2019-11-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-28 14:38
I wouldn’t rush out using it yet, you probably won’t see this for awhile yet, remember if you are flying a drone not connected to ID then it’s pretty easy for the law to just ask you to show your connected and I’m sure if their not picking your drone up on their app then it’s pretty easy for them .

i have other experiments as well like decrypting/dumping wifi password keys., specially now that someone made an AI script to decrypt much faster, plus most connections arent updated against deauth exploit so i can also use that and intercept reconnection which can assist in getting keys.

with this system dont even need to be really near a target to mess with them..i can sit pretty far away and not seem associated with what's going on so if someone is wise to a breach into their network they wont be able to easily locate me.

i can also us the old trck of blasting out on high power a public commonly connected to Wifi like starbucks, Panara bread and act as a man in the middle attack intercepting passwords and connections and diverting them around.  be surprised with specially andriod how moment it conncts some apps just almost in plain text reveal things, but happens on iOS too to some degree.

2019-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-28 14:51
i have other experiments as well like decrypting/dumping wifi password keys., specially now that someone made an AI script to decrypt much faster, plus most connections arent updated against deauth exploit so i can also use that and intercept reconnection which can assist in getting keys.

with this system dont even need to be really near a target to mess with them..i can sit pretty far away and not seem associated with what's going on so if someone is wise to a breach into their network they wont be able to easily locate me.

Sounds like a crock of sh#t to me,  maybe just go lobby the FAA .
2019-11-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-28 15:04
Sounds like a crock of sh#t to me,  maybe just go lobby the FAA .

the hell would i lobby a government im entirely unsupportive of?
2019-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-28 15:08

It’s not the government your lobbying it’s the FAA, if your government changed tomorrow the FAA would remain the same .
2019-11-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-28 15:13
It’s not the government your lobbying it’s the FAA, if your government changed tomorrow the FAA would remain the same .

uh?   its apart of the federal government, and if government changed tomorrow they could appoint all new people without any contest on the spot if they decided.. no vote or say in the matter.
2019-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-28 15:33
uh?   its apart of the federal government, and if government changed tomorrow they could appoint all new people without any contest on the spot if they decided.. no vote or say in the matter.

Has it happened before, I wouldn’t imagine, I also think it’s much more important to lobby against governments that you don’t vote for , it kinda makes more sense .
2019-11-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-28 14:34

just for this purpose i been testing wifi based WISP (wireless internet service provider) equipment i got my hands on for cheap, dual azimuth panel antenna with access point/repeater built in!  using my laptop in android-x86 with ARM library bridge minor testing i been able to control my friends spark a couple miles out below radio horizon (just) without any connection issues and through servera buildings and a lot of trees.. half power on these things are intense.  my only issue which is easy to overcome, is the Power over ethernet injection that powers the equipment i have, takes min of 24V, my car supplies only 12-14V so to get around this for now im using a couple cheap RC lipo's wired together to give little more then 24V but works. ut ill figure it out and build it into my car windows behind the dark tinting.. i gotten one up for testing on the rear side panel window and since not huge they hardly noticable as being there, just need to spray or fog them black so they blend in more...

You can build voltage doubler circuits.  But easiest way is what you are currently doing.

Also possible to use your car battery to provide half (12v) required voltage (24v).   Positive side of your car's power would connect negative side of 12v LIPO source.  Tapping for 24v off positive side of LIPO source and your cars ground for negative side.
2019-11-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-28 14:51

with this system dont even need to be really near a target to mess with them..i can sit pretty far away and not seem associated with what's going on so if someone is wise to a breach into their network they wont be able to easily locate me.

Couldn't you do this regardless of Remote ID?

Or is it a case of Remote ID making it easier to hack into WiFi transmissions, because Remote ID will be known and you can capture packets which would have encrypted form of Remote ID?

Have no interesting in hacking drone transmissions for my own use.  My concern is interest criminals have in hacking drone transmissions.
2019-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

If people have concerns then they should contact FAA who will be 100% responsible for implementing this in whatever format they choose, there are a very few who think this is down to dji but that has been proven to be just scaremongering and hate dji campaign.

He then comes here off thread as usual trying to hijack, downvoting everything, he should be known as HT downvote , it's idiots like this that help no one
2019-11-28
Use props
Mini M
lvl.3

Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 11-28 13:47

Thank you it’s not my video but has good information.
2019-11-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 11-28 13:47

The information is pretty good I got it from YT
2019-11-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-28 09:27
Hi. Thank you for sharing this informative video and thank you for your valued support.

No problem my pleasure .
2019-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 11-29 07:34
No problem my pleasure .

My pleasure as well and thank you for you valued support.
2019-11-29
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-28 17:10
Couldn't you do this regardless of Remote ID?

Or is it a case of Remote ID making it easier to hack into WiFi transmissions, because Remote ID will be known and you can capture packets which would have encrypted form of Remote ID?

yes, but i can now justify this expense much easier now vs just a curiosity before since DJi is pushing this useless tracking junk.  also confirmed you can run Deauth on wifi based drones like spark and mavic air and probably Mavic mini forcing it to return to home without reconnecting and no signal.  so another potential avenue to exploit.

as for getting 24V i got a new power supply system on the way that can supply 24V DC (and 100 watts)  from 10-16V DC, so powering the various equipment will be fairly easy.
2019-11-30
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Praise be!
2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Blessed be the fruit . Lol
2019-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-30 10:40
yes, but i can now justify this expense much easier now vs just a curiosity before since DJi is pushing this useless tracking junk.  also confirmed you can run Deauth on wifi based drones like spark and mavic air and probably Mavic mini forcing it to return to home without reconnecting and no signal.  so another potential avenue to exploit.

as for getting 24V i got a new power supply system on the way that can supply 24V DC (and 100 watts)  from 10-16V DC, so powering the various equipment will be fairly easy.

At least Remote ID alone is not making it easier to hack DJI's drones.  That is good news.

Reading up on network hacks, often what makes it easier is hacker having a known piece of information that is being transmitted in coded form.  Hacker knows when he/she has found correct exploit being hack shows known piece of info.
2019-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-28 15:08

Listening to video, it does sound like a crock of sh#t to me.  
The guy in video ignores Big White Elephant in Room!

In DJI's implementation: DJI is broadcasting flight information packet (drone ID, altitude, location, RTH, etc) via WiFi, and providing a Free App to Public which will show packet in human readable form.  Essentially taking easy route, by sending to all.   Instead of limited and stepped approach only as / when required; as mentioned in video.

Nothing in DJI's press release of DJI's planned Free / Public (and already Demo'd) App says DJI will limit:
1) what is transmitted - to FAA's final minimum requirement(s).
2) who can receieve (and view information) - per FAA's list of who must be able too.

We need to Lobby DJI to:
1) Only send minimum amount of information required by FAA (or country's governing avation agency), once finalzed and mandated.
2) Only send required information in a form that those Authorized by FAA (or country's governing avation agency), can turn into human usable information.
3) Use a unique Remte ID, different from our Drone's current ID.  Being current ID has potential to be traced back to Owner / Pilot.

We need to Lobby FAA to stick with their call of: "Remote ID would assist the FAA, law enforcement, and Federal security  agencies when a UAS appears to be flying in an unsafe manner or where  the drone is not allowed to fly."

Unless FAA (or country's governing avation agency) mandates otherwise.  Remote ID should not be identifier that can be looked up to where it provides Owner/Pilot information by anyone other than FAA and Federal LEOs.  Any other Law Enoforcement agency can go through proper Legal channels to get Owner /Pilot information.  All look-ups of Remote ID must be logged and tracked, to ensure database is not being mis-used.

2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-30 13:07
Listening to video, it does sound like a crock of sh#t to me.  
The guy in video ignores Big White Elephant in Room!

Yeah would all make sense if you weren’t drinking as you obviously are, YOU JUST SENT A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO ME SAYING YOU GOT THIS ONE WRONG, and now your talking BS again I can post all information from FAA and exactly what they were looking for all manufacturers to put forward and thi VERY MUCH INCLUDED FAA DEMANDS THAT APP NEEDED TO ALLOW FOR PUBLIC ACCESS.

NOW AGAIN WE HAVE HEDGETRIMMER TRYING TO TRASH ANOTHER THREAD.

AND MANY AROUND HERE WILL KNOW THAT HE SEEMS INTENT ON TROLLING MEMBERS FOR NO REASON.

SKIP ALONG NOW .
2019-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-30 14:06
Yeah would all make sense if you weren’t drinking as you obviously are, YOU JUST SENT A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO ME SAYING YOU GOT THIS ONE WRONG, and now your talking BS again I can post all information from FAA and exactly what they were looking for all manufacturers to put forward and thi VERY MUCH INCLUDED FAA DEMANDS THAT APP NEEDED TO ALLOW FOR PUBLIC ACCESS.

"YOU JUST SENT A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO ME SAYING YOU GOT THIS ONE WRONG"

More false accusations.  Last communication was from you (hallmark007) to me (HedgeTrimmer) and that was 12-hours ago.

hallmark-to-me_12hrs-ago

hallmark-to-me_12hrs-ago

2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Obviously still Drunk it’s time for this IDIOT TO STOP THRASHING THREADS ALL OVER THIS FORUM.
ITS ALSO TIME FOR HIM TO STOP TROLLING OR STALKING IS WHAT IT IS AT THIS STAGE.

JUST MORE PROOF THAT HIS RIDICULOUS THEORY IS 100% WRONG .

Again more proof of exactly what the FAA intends to do in December, all this is just making you look ridiculous, it might be time to stop digging.

When the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) publishes its notice of proposed rule-making (NPRM) on remote identification of drones for public comment this December it could open the door to a new era of more advanced commercial drone operations – not just in the USA but globally.

The NPRM will describe how remote ID information will be collected, managed and distributed in various levels to different stakeholders. The electronic registration number of nearby drones (within 400m) should be visible to the public on a smart phone via Bluetooth 4 and WIFI communications. Law enforcement agencies will have more information about the drone’s ownership at longer ranges, via more powerful handheld devices.

Maybe you’ll stop lying now it’s clear what FAA’s intentions are . Or are the FAA lying about their NPRM proposals.

DIAGRAM FROM NPRM FOR FAA , THIS IS HOW IT WORKS FOR DUMMIES.

2019-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-30 14:06

hallmark007 - NOW AGAIN WE HAVE HEDGETRIMMER TRYING TO TRASH ANOTHER THREAD.
hallmark007 - AND MANY AROUND HERE WILL KNOW THAT HE SEEMS INTENT ON TROLLING MEMBERS FOR NO REASON.

Kettle meet Pot...

Kettle meet Pot, again.

hallmark007-thread-trashing-#1

hallmark007-thread-trashing-#1

Quit lecturing others of what you are guilty of.  Quit whining when you are shown to be wrong.  Quit blaming others for problems you create for yourself.

2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Obviously this quote from dji Brendan Shulman is a lie according to HT and yes this was featured on the video above .

2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-30 14:25
hallmark007 - NOW AGAIN WE HAVE HEDGETRIMMER TRYING TO TRASH ANOTHER THREAD.
hallmark007 - AND MANY AROUND HERE WILL KNOW THAT HE SEEMS INTENT ON TROLLING MEMBERS FOR NO REASON.

I think it’s pretty clear THE FORUM TROLL IS HERE THRASHING THE THREAD,

I KNEW EVENTUALLY YOUD SHOW UP HERE DRUNK AND ITS PRETTY CLEAR WHAT YOUR AGENDA IS .

NOW YOU PI#s OFF .
2019-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-30 14:18
Obviously still Drunk it’s time for this IDIOT TO STOP THRASHING THREADS ALL OVER THIS FORUM.
ITS ALSO TIME FOR HIM TO STOP TROLLING OR STALKING IS WHAT IT IS AT THIS STAGE.

Not the FAA!
Not what FAA's website is currently calling for.
Not what FAA has yet to finalize.
Not mandated by FAA!

One thing for sure, the diagram is beyond your comprehension level.

You thought throttle on vehicle was used to select between going forward or backwards...

2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

THE FORUM TROLL IS DRUNK AGAIN THRASHING THE THREAD, IVE TOLD HIM TO SLING HIS HOOK, BUT THE FOOL WILL NEVER NO WHEN HES BEAT .

HES NOTHING ELSE BUT A TROLL AND THATS HIS WHOLE PURPOSE HERE TROLLING .
2019-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-30 14:32
I think it’s pretty clear THE FORUM TROLL IS HERE THRASHING THE THREAD,

I KNEW EVENTUALLY YOUD SHOW UP HERE DRUNK AND ITS PRETTY CLEAR WHAT YOUR AGENDA IS .

Still using your Twisting and SPINing.  You make a False Accusations of forum member (in this thread #35), when they show you are Full of it (#36).  You change topic.
You owe me yet another Apology, for yet another one of your False Accusations.

My reply was to HerefortheBeer and it was On Topic.   One of your favorite Hypocrisies.  You accuse others of going Off-Topic, while you are doing exactly same!

As for drinking, you are projecting your own alcholism!

Anyone reading all this can see it is you who are Trolling, and it is you who is Trashing your own thread.

2019-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-30 14:29
Obviously this quote from dji Brendan Shulman is a lie according to HT and yes this was featured on the video above .

[view_image]

As Brendan says, it is ultimately up to regulator (aka FAA).  No up to DJI.

DJI chose to implement their App to where it works for Public, without any Legal restrictions, and make App Free to Public - and did so without any requirement by FAA.
2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

IM TELLING HEDGETRIMMER TO VACATE THIS THREAD HES ALREADY THRASHED IT AS HE HAS DONE WITH ALL SIMILAR THREADS ABOUT REMOTE ID ON THIS FORUM, ALMOST EVERYTHING HE SAYS ON THIS SUBJECT IS A LIE, NOT TO SURE WHY HES DOING IT, BUT MOST MEMBERS WOULD SEE HIM AS A DJI HATEFUL BIGOT, HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE MINISTER FOR DOOM AND GLOOM AROUND AND DROPPING LIES TO DO IT IS NO PROBLEM TO HIM.

SO GET OFF THIS THREAD YOU FOOL, YOUR NOT IMPRESSING ANYONE, AND IM CERTAIN ALL CAN SEE YOU ARE INDEED A TROLL .
2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The TROLL IS STILL HERE, I SEE AS USUAL NOBODY PAYS ANY HEED TO HIM.

BUT YES HE HAS COMPLETELY TRASHED ANOTHER WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN AN IMPORTANT THREAD FOR FORUM MEMBERS. BUT THATS HIS AGENDA ON THIS FORUM, HE HAS ZERO INTEREST IN ANY FORUM MEMBERS, HE HAS BEEN TRYING TO BULLY ME FOR OVER TWO YEARS HERE, HE COMPLETELY BULLIED A EXCELLENT MEMBER OF THIS FORUM WHO AFTER 3 YEARS HAD TO QUIT BECAUSE THIS FOOL HARASSED HIM SO MUCH, HES JUST A NASTY PIECE OF WORK WHO CARES NOTHING FOR ANY MEMBERS AROUND HERE, BUT GETS A KICK OUT OF TRYING TO TRASH ANYTHING AROUND HERE AND ALWAYS MAKES HIS BIGGEST EFFORTS WHEN NEW PRODUCTS COME OUT.

HES JUST A BIGOT .......
2019-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-30 15:00
The TROLL IS STILL HERE, I SEE AS USUAL NOBODY PAYS ANY HEED TO HIM.

BUT YES HE HAS COMPLETELY TRASHED ANOTHER WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN AN IMPORTANT THREAD FOR FORUM MEMBERS. BUT THATS HIS AGENDA ON THIS FORUM, HE HAS ZERO INTEREST IN ANY FORUM MEMBERS, HE HAS BEEN TRYING TO BULLY ME FOR OVER TWO YEARS HERE, HE COMPLETELY BULLIED A EXCELLENT MEMBER OF THIS FORUM WHO AFTER 3 YEARS HAD TO QUIT BECAUSE THIS FOOL HARASSED HIM SO MUCH, HES JUST A NASTY PIECE OF WORK WHO CARES NOTHING FOR ANY MEMBERS AROUND HERE, BUT GETS A KICK OUT OF TRYING TO TRASH ANYTHING AROUND HERE AND ALWAYS MAKES HIS BIGGEST EFFORTS WHEN NEW PRODUCTS COME OUT.

In regards to your post #46.
I did not post anything between your post #45 (46-minutes ago) and post #46 (37 minutes ago).
Thus your post #46 was unjustified.

Unless you are saying I was still on DJI Forum, in other threads.  Which connects to your post #45.
You have no authority to tell me what I can and can't not do.  You are not a Forum Administrator.

Additionally, you go into other people's threads for purpose of Trolling and Trashing.  
Whereas, my reply was to HerefortheBeer and was On-Topic, till you decided to Trash your own Thread.

Your repeated false accusations more than justify my responses.

2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No False ACCUSATIONS, AND ITS MORE THAN CLEAR YOU ARE HERE TO TRASH THIS THREAD,
ALL OF THE TREADS HERE PERTAINING TO THIS SUBJECT YOU HAVE COMPLETELY TRASHED.

YOU HAVE BEEN TROLLING ME AND TRYING TO TROLL BAIT ME AND ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS .

YES IM NOT AN ADMINISTRATOR HERE, AND I CANT STOP YOU FROM TRASHING THREADS IF THATS WHAT YOUR GOING TO CONTINUE TO DO, BUT THE SIMPLE FACT THAT YOU CHOOSE TO CONTINUE TO TRASH THIS THREAD SHOWS HOW IGNORANT YOU REALLY ARE , AND THE LENGTH’S YOU WILL GO TO TO SPREAD COMPLETE UNTRUTHS AND LIES .

I GIVE A LOT OF CREDIT TO ALL MEMBERS HERE FOR IGNORING YOU AND HOPE THEY CONTINUE TO DO SO.

I THINK THE EVIDENCE HERE IS OVERWHELMING AND WHAT YOUR TRYING TO PEDDLE IS RUBBISH AND THIS IS WHY I KNOW AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOT HERE FOR DISCUSSION, BUT YOUR SOUL INTEREST IS IN TROLLING ME, YOU ARE THE EPITOME OF A TROLL .
2019-11-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

i only stopped responding to this thread mainly because of you, hallmark... jesus f**king christ dude...      f**king boomer
2019-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-30 19:53
i only stopped responding to this thread mainly because of you, hallmark... jesus f**king christ dude...      f**king boomer

Found out something interesting.  FAA is still in process of creating documents / rules for Remote ID.  FAA is working on Remote ID NPRM (notice of proposed rulemaking).  Until NPRM is finished and posted by FAA, it is not open to public comment.

Summary: Currently, it is pointless to contact FAA to comment on Remote ID for drones.
2019-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules