526 9 2019-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Greetings!

So with the Mavic Mini's RC, there is a beeping sound both when you turn it on, and also when you power it off.

With the AC itself though, there is no such audible sound. When you power it on, you know it is powered by the props/gimbal twitching. However, when you power it off, there is absolutely no indication that infact it is off (off course after a few seconds you can look at the battery indicator lights, I know).

Am I missing something, or is this how its supposed to be?

Thanks.
2019-11-28
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-28 13:08
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to the remote controller issue. For us to better assist you, kindly please provide a short video of the said issue. Thank you.

Now I am totally and completely convinced that these "DJI Whoever" are in fact not real people but actually DJI Bots.

Could any real person kindly comment on my post please.

Thanks.
2019-11-28
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4347 ft
United Kingdom

I think this is an other 'weight' issue. My previous Mavic Air had a little speaker that would do a similar beep to the controller on power up and power down but the Mini doesn't and I'm guessing that's because to include a speaker and the associated cables might have added a couple of grams to the weight which simply wasn't an option for this drone!
2019-11-28
Use props
mrbubbels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45978 ft
Germany

this is exactly how mine works. so i guess its how its supposed to be
2019-11-28
Use props
mrbubbels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45978 ft
Germany

monkeyseemonkey Posted at 11-28 14:13
I think this is an other 'weight' issue. My previous Mavic Air had a little speaker that would do a similar beep to the controller on power up and power down but the Mini doesn't and I'm guessing that's because to include a speaker and the associated cables might have added a couple of grams to the weight which simply wasn't an option for this drone!

actually the MM does have a speaker. it can be activated when "find my drone" is initiated as far as i know
2019-11-28
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

Ok..... so thanks a lot people.

It is good to know that this is the norm.

Appreciate your responses!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
2019-11-28
Use props
Johnny Danger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130466 ft
Italy

monkeyseemonkey Posted at 11-28 14:13
I think this is an other 'weight' issue. My previous Mavic Air had a little speaker that would do a similar beep to the controller on power up and power down but the Mini doesn't and I'm guessing that's because to include a speaker and the associated cables might have added a couple of grams to the weight which simply wasn't an option for this drone!

The mavic mini can emit sounds, in fact he does when you activate the "find my drone" option. So no, it's not a weight issue, it's just that they forgot to make the Mavic Mini make a sound when it's deactivated, just to confirm the action. I find it missing too, please DJI add it in the next firmware release! Thanks
2019-11-28
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 11-28 14:07
Now I am totally and completely convinced that these "DJI Whoever" are in fact not real people but actually DJI Bots.

Could any real person kindly comment on my post please.

Ha ha, I think your right! My Mini does not emit a sound when powered on or off, however my controller does if that helps.
2019-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi StubbornSwiss, don't worry, it is totally normal. There is no sound when the aircraft is turned off, the battery indicator lights will turn off, so does the indicator at the tail of the aircraft. Enjoy flying.
2019-11-29
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

Hello StubbornSwiss, no sound when you switch your MM off. When you push the button twice (the first makes the leds blinking) and you keep it pressed, you just see the 4 leds switching off from right to left in sequence; when the 4 are off, you release the button and the MM is off.

Very simple I'd say!

Enjoy your toy.
2019-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules