Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand new Mavic mini Flymore battery dead after FW update
7109 27 2019-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey all, i just picked up my Mavic Mini flymore combo from the post office. Get home and charge up all the batteries. Popped one in and was warned about firmware update for the battery. I updated it. The mavic powered off so i did the same for the other two. Back to the first battery, i powered up the aircraft and connected to the app and was presented with a Battery Cell error (Code: 30074)
It has had zero flights. It was only the second time that battery turned on.
Luckily the other two batteries are ok. No errors or warnings. I noticed another post on here about the issue so tried re-flashing the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 but this has made no difference.

DJI WHAT THE HELL!!
Why, on a launch product, am I getting a dead battery out of the box? Surely there should be some kind of compensation for this because this is wholly unnacceptable. Judging by the number of other people this has happened to surely they would issue some kind of notice that this might occur.

What do I do now? Im guessing return the battery, but then the holidays are coming, now only have the ability to fly with two batteries and these take some time to charge up. Im assuming its going to be replaced under warranty. How long will this take?

Ill keep you posted.
2019-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

How many other people had this problem, haven’t read of many here, I’m sure warranty covers it would be strange if FW was the problem there was no FW update for batteries as of now .
BTW All my batteries arrived without any power .
2019-11-28
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine were all flat when they arrived. Surprised how long they took to charge.

Here’s the post I saw before
https://forum.dji.com/thread-202003-1-1.html
2019-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble your DJI Mavic Mini battery has caused. This is not the experience I wanted you to have with your new DJI Mavic Mini. This matter has been cascaded to our designated DJI department for further attention. Since the firmware update was done and the battery is still showing the error message. I would recommend  that the best thing we need to do for the said battery is to send it in for further diagnostic, analysis and repair. For reference I have posted a link ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ) where in you can find our online support service. Our professional support team will do their best to assist you with the said issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for understanding.
2019-11-28
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok, so i have been told by DJI support to contact the company i purchased the drone from (WEX Photo and Video) to see if they can replace the battery. Considering no where now has either the spare battery or flymore kits in stock. I suspect this may take some time.
2019-11-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Malakai_UK Posted at 11-29 01:49
Ok, so i have been told by DJI support to contact the company i purchased the drone from (WEX Photo and Video) to see if they can replace the battery. Considering no where now has either the spare battery or flymore kits in stock. I suspect this may take some time.

Keep us posted!
2019-11-29
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WEX support have been fantastic. Straight away offered to send a replacement battery. They don’t have any in stock at the moment but will ship one out special delivery as soon as they do. Why can’t DJI offer this.
2019-11-29
Use props
PhasedSpaces
Second Officer
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 11-29 13:36
WEX support have been fantastic. Straight away offered to send a replacement battery. They don’t have any in stock at the moment but will ship one out special delivery as soon as they do. Why can’t DJI offer this.

It seems that DJI are cascading priority in supplying parts & drones down to their suppliers over themselves.  Which makes sense, as suppliers are usually closer geographically.  The closest DJI 'hub' is in europe.  - But even that is strained, due to the extremely high demand. esp running up to Xmas.
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_rflD4oLtGXRK
New
France

Malakai_UK Posted at 11-29 01:49

That is really bad, same here - no store have spare parts.
i am so pis**d of now
In vacation, only 1 damage battery... Perfect
2019-11-30
Use props
Phillipp
New
Germany

I had  the same problem. Updated the FW and before I was able to do my first flight: battery error. Thanks for that, 400€ and a lot of motivation for the bin. And of course the support is only reachable from monday-friday.
2019-11-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I know it doesn´t fix the issue here, but I found the batteries at amazon, not cheap though.

https://www.amazon.com/Customize ... MBT4H34FCX5C8AQ179K
2019-11-30
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phillipp Posted at 11-30 04:29
I had  the same problem. Updated the FW and before I was able to do my first flight: battery error. Thanks for that, 400€ and a lot of motivation for the bin. And of course the support is only reachable from monday-friday.

was that the flymore or just the drone and a single battery kit?
2019-12-1
Use props
Phillipp
New
Germany

Malakai_UK Posted at 12-1 05:11
was that the flymore or just the drone and a single battery kit?

Just the normal basic drone. Battery came without any power which confused me a bit, but I guess that didnt meant anything. I tried to get the battery level to 0% and then recharge it. Nothing is happening, all of the four LED‘s just keep blinking.
2019-12-2
Use props
Lucaspeeres
New

Brazil

I'm having the same problem, is there any solution ?
2019-12-8
Use props
coyote20
lvl.1

Austria

have the same problem! need help
2019-12-27
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You may need a more powerful usb charger, DJI recommend an 18w unit.
What I noticed is that not all chargers will work and I have to use my DJI Spark charger for it to charge when the battery is in the AC.

2019-12-27
Use props
coyote20
lvl.1

Austria

lannes Posted at 12-27 15:42
You may need a more powerful usb charger, DJI recommend an 18w unit.
What I noticed is that not all chargers will work and I have to use my DJI Spark charger for it to charge when the battery is in the AC.

have a charger which "worked"
because before turn on and the firmware update i had to charge the battery.
the problem was the firmware update, after that, the battery cell error apears!

:-(  so many people have problems. in different forums you can find the troubles!!!!

DJI - help us! or send new battery!
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

coyote20 Posted at 12-28 08:14
have a charger which "worked"
because before turn on and the firmware update i had to charge the battery.
the problem was the firmware update, after that, the battery cell error apears!

Have you tried refreshing the AC firmware using the bad battery and DJI Assistant 2 on the Pc,
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Phillipp Posted at 12-2 00:12
Just the normal basic drone. Battery came without any power which confused me a bit, but I guess that didnt meant anything. I tried to get the battery level to 0% and then recharge it. Nothing is happening, all of the four LED‘s just keep blinking.

The 4 led's blinking is a damaged battery unfortunately

2019-12-28
Use props
coyote20
lvl.1

Austria

lannes Posted at 12-28 08:55
Have you tried refreshing the AC firmware using the bad battery and DJI Assistant 2 on the Pc,

yes, tried firmware update with pc and smartphone app.
doesnt work

seems that the battery is damaged? but why?
cause the firmware update?
2019-12-28
Use props
coyote20
lvl.1

Austria

lannes Posted at 12-28 09:40
The 4 led's blinking is a damaged battery unfortunately

[view_image]

yes, and in all stores, there are no batterys in stock!
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

coyote20 Posted at 12-28 10:49
yes, tried firmware update with pc and smartphone app.
doesnt work

what doesn't work with the DJI Assistant app, were you able to get to the firmware update screen and did you do a AC firmware refresh ?
2019-12-28
Use props
coyote20
lvl.1

Austria

lannes Posted at 12-28 10:55
what doesn't work with the DJI Assistant app, were you able to get to the firmware update screen and did you do a AC firmware refresh ?

what doesnt work?? the battery cell failure/error - is always on!

the firmware update, or a refresh or a downgrade and new update works!!
tried:
1) downgrade an new install (pc software)
2) refresh (pc software)
3) unistall app on smartphone and new install, firmware upgrade
4) uninstall app on smartphone, downgrade and install firmware upgrade on smartphone

nothing helps!!
the cell error 30074 is still on.
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

coyote20 Posted at 12-28 11:14
what doesnt work?? the battery cell failure/error - is always on!

the firmware update, or a refresh or a downgrade and new update works!!

Ah ok, you've tried everything , time to request a battery replacement from DJI
2019-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Coyote20, I have seen in another forum where several people had cell error 30074 and all had to go through DJI process for battery replacement under warranty.  Bad news is the battery shows Out of Stock on DJI Store website.  Luckily, I was able to pick up a couple of spares from Florida Drone Supply.

Good news is that you bought the Fly More Combo so at least you are not grounded.  Keep on flying.
2019-12-28
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just wanted to update you guys, my original purchase was from WEX Photographic. I contacted them to see if it could be resolved. They offered to ship a spare battery out and placed a credit on my account for a battery with the intention to ship as soon as they have them in stock. This was back in November and they still have none in stock. Its coming up to the six month end of the battery warrantee so tomorrow im going to contact DJI and see if they can do something. I hope they do.
2020-4-29
Use props
Deucalion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 4-29 14:46
Just wanted to update you guys, my original purchase was from WEX Photographic. I contacted them to see if it could be resolved. They offered to ship a spare battery out and placed a credit on my account for a battery with the intention to ship as soon as they have them in stock. This was back in November and they still have none in stock. Its coming up to the six month end of the battery warrantee so tomorrow im going to contact DJI and see if they can do something. I hope they do.

Wow. Sorry to hear this. At least you had two other batteries.
2020-4-29
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
First Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

This is why I don't want to deal with DJI anymore. It's like they're holding back batteries. And don't let them tell you it's because of the virus. They didn't have any before that !! DJI is a totally useless outfit
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules