Iphone 6S+ cpu is fully loaded and discharges too fast
2321 7 2019-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XWMtmCn5GkTjs
lvl.1
Canada

While flying the Mavic Mini I have the following problems with my iphone 6S+  (same results with my wifes 7S+)
(1) The fly app gives me a "mobile cpu fully loaded warning"
(2) The controller stops charging the phone after about a second leaving it to run only on its own batteries.
(3) The phone battery initially discharged from 100% to  25% after a couple of flights, although  this is getting worse.
Today it discharged that much after a single flight.   The iphone 6S+ reports that the battery  still retains 92% of its original performance.
I have made every effort (airplane mode low power mode etc) to  limit the phones battery use.
Can anyone advise me of an IPHONE model that doesn't suffer from the flaws of points (1) and (2).

Comments( (i)  My original Phantom 4 also suffered from flaw (2) although with my Phantom 4 advanced (2) was not a problem. i.e. the phantone 4 advanced controller
did keep it charged while flying.
                   (ii) the iphone 6S+ does appear to be on the approved list for the mavic mini and it does work, sort of.  But i would like an  iphone free of  problems (1 and (2)
Any experience with the iphone * or any of the iphone 11 models  ?

Many Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.

2019-11-28
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

i fly with a 6Plus and have no issues.  Phone battery does drain a little fast.  Not sure why a 6s would be different.   Are you running latest IOS.  Mine is on 12.4.3 i think.
2019-11-28
Use props
Buffalosoldier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3 ft
Ireland

I would imagine that both phones are couple years old on that stage and the battery performance is not as good. My iPhone 6 was draining the battery quickly with the remote but I’ve changed the battery and everything is working fine now. Please keep in mind that the remote only charges the Android devices but not Apple so everything is ok in this department....also there is no iPhone7s model Just 7 or 7plus
2019-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Thank you for reaching to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best response for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-29
Use props
XWMtmCn5GkTjs
lvl.1
Canada

Many thanks for the replies and advice.  I shall replace the battery. I am running ios 13.2.3 at the moment.
2019-11-30
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

As mentioned by another person, even if the battery health is good (according to Settings > Battery) and the phone is 2 or 3 years old, you will see the battery drain faster. Also, the iPhone 6 and 7 series are quite thin so in winter, the cold adds to this problem. A few things that might help...

1. Get a new, replacement battery.
2. When flying, set the phone to Airplane mode or turn on Low Power Mode (ie. Battery Saver). This should stop other apps from checking for updates, etc and wasting power.
3. More of an FYI - Newer iPhones, the iPhone XR and iPhone 11 for example, have bigger batteries and may get upto 20% or 30% more battery life.

2019-11-30
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

I am using an iPhone 6 and had the same issues.

a) With the performance overload - I found if I had ANY apps open, I would almost always get this. So close that. To do that - doubleclick the home icon, and 'swipe' the apps to close.
b) Battery wise - had an old battery (80% battery life) - and found it would drain from about 100% to 20% with just one flight. Replaced the battery (a mobile shop, not apple store, so not sure if there is a different quality in the batteries) - but battery life showed 100% - and then took it out in a flight at about 10degrees (50 farenheit) - and found it only drained it by about 12%. I believe cold weather does affect the iPhone though (so haven't yet flown it in 'super' cold weather, i.e., below 0/32).
2019-11-30
Use props
XWMtmCn5GkTjs
lvl.1
Canada

Success!  Many thanks to everyone for your suggestions. The cell shop advised against replacing the battery because it indicated 92% of full function, but I insisted based on advice here.
On one test flight since The battery just dropped from about 95% to 90%, so replacing the battery was the right thing to do.   I have also followed the advice from this forum
on how to deal with the "cpu fully loaded" warning.   This advice has solved that problem too.   
So thanks again to everyone for responding with such helpful advice. Now I don't have to buy a new phone to fly my mavic mini.
2019-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules