2210 23 2019-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Captain
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

How good is #DJI Mavic Mini Video Footage?
This is 2.7K ungraded footage from the Mavic Mini I managed to capture despite severe connection issues on Marriot Grande Vista, Orlando, FL Area.

What do you think?

2019-11-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On all of my drones I only ever use 1080P which quite frankly is perfectly good for most peoples eyes. 4k is just a data hog and hard to work with. Unecessary in my view As for 2.7 not tried it yet and most likely never will
2019-11-28
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-28 22:15
On all of my drones I only ever use 1080P which quite frankly is perfectly good for most peoples eyes. 4k is just a data hog and hard to work with. Unecessary in my view As for 2.7 not tried it yet and most likely never will

The 1080p out of the Mini, does not look very good IMHO.  But when I render videos I normally keep it 1080p
2019-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'm actually impressed.
Did you use ev lock?
2019-11-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Reviewing YouTube publication doesn't make much sense when quality is considered. Looks surprisingly good even in full screen mode, but ...
2019-11-28
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-28 23:51
Reviewing YouTube publication doesn't make much sense when quality is considered. Looks surprisingly good even in full screen mode, but ...

True, but this is what we have to work with. I mainly use it for youtube, would not use it for client work.
2019-11-29
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 11-28 23:39
I'm actually impressed.
Did you use ev lock?

not that I'm aware of, but I did have to overexpose a bit
2019-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Henrik Olsen Posted at 11-29 00:03
not that I'm aware of, but I did have to overexpose a bit

Because there are little changes in exposure.
I'm starting to like this little thing.
2019-11-29
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

Looks good. Isn't that the same place you had all those connection issues?
2019-11-29
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

Knapweed Posted at 11-29 00:55
Looks good. Isn't that the same place you had all those connection issues?

yes, it's the same place. I moved to another location but still had issues to some degree, but not as bad as the first attempt. This is footage I could put together from the 2 flights.

2019-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

For the price, you cant beat this footage.
2019-11-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Thanks for the Video!
I actually have mixed feelings, I like the footage sometimes tricky to nail the exposure but I have seen some people videos and they seem sharper more detailed, I gues it could be the photographer skills, drone experience, altitude and so.
I felt my footage a bit fuzzy, but somehow yours look very similar to mine, I guess is also a matter of how is edited, exported and compressed before and after YouTube.
For YouTube and social media deffinitely useful.
2019-11-29
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

For $399 I have nothing to complain, btw great video. Thanks for sharing
2019-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Henrik Olsen. Thank you for sharing this review video you have created for the DJI Mavic Mini. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-11-29
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

InspektorGadjet Posted at 11-29 02:44
Thanks for the Video!
I actually have mixed feelings, I like the footage sometimes tricky to nail the exposure but I have seen some people videos and they seem sharper more detailed, I gues it could be the photographer skills, drone experience, altitude and so.
I felt my footage a bit fuzzy, but somehow yours look very similar to mine, I guess is also a matter of how is edited, exported and compressed before and after YouTube.

Any videos I upload to YouTube, Facebook etc. are basically destroyed compared to viewing the same videos locally on my computer. The primary fault is the loss of detail, presumably because of compression artefacts, especially in detailed foliage or architecture, followed by muddy colours, which reduce the contrast and subsequently appear less sharp.

Having said all of the above, some users possess some black magic art that transcends all the above and results in epic shots worthy of an Emmy. I wish I knew the trick but those blessed with the skill appear reluctant to share it. No matter though, I only post to YouTube for the benefit of family and friends, who are scattered all over the globe and who hate Facebook with a vengeance. Fortunately, they are not pixel peepers and their standards are very low. lol
2019-11-29
Use props
StefanMalloch
lvl.2
Canada

Pretty good for what it is if you ask me.
2019-11-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Knapweed Posted at 11-29 10:20
Any videos I upload to YouTube, Facebook etc. are basically destroyed compared to viewing the same videos locally on my computer. The primary fault is the loss of detail, presumably because of compression artefacts, especially in detailed foliage or architecture, followed by muddy colours, which reduce the contrast and subsequently appear less sharp.

Having said all of the above, some users possess some black magic art that transcends all the above and results in epic shots worthy of an Emmy. I wish I knew the trick but those blessed with the skill appear reluctant to share it. No matter though, I only post to YouTube for the benefit of family and friends, who are scattered all over the globe and who hate Facebook with a vengeance. Fortunately, they are not pixel peepers and their standards are very low. lol

Absolutely, wizards get paid good for a reason and agree about heavy compression in most social media platforms. Apart from vimeo, it compress too much.

My issue here is comparing RAW video footage some YouTubers have posted against my RAW footage in same computer, same screen, same graphic card... seems different to me, I have to do more tests.
2019-11-29
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Knapweed Posted at 11-29 10:20
Any videos I upload to YouTube, Facebook etc. are basically destroyed compared to viewing the same videos locally on my computer. The primary fault is the loss of detail, presumably because of compression artefacts, especially in detailed foliage or architecture, followed by muddy colours, which reduce the contrast and subsequently appear less sharp.

Having said all of the above, some users possess some black magic art that transcends all the above and results in epic shots worthy of an Emmy. I wish I knew the trick but those blessed with the skill appear reluctant to share it. No matter though, I only post to YouTube for the benefit of family and friends, who are scattered all over the globe and who hate Facebook with a vengeance. Fortunately, they are not pixel peepers and their standards are very low. lol

It‘s great!!
2019-11-29
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

Yep, I've seen a number of your videos, though I usually opt to D/L the originals. Even on YT, they are exceptional quality so, what's the secret?
2019-11-29
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-28 22:15
On all of my drones I only ever use 1080P which quite frankly is perfectly good for most peoples eyes. 4k is just a data hog and hard to work with. Unecessary in my view As for 2.7 not tried it yet and most likely never will

I use 4K for all my videos. 1080p is kind of obsolete in 2020...
2019-11-29
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

maddox Posted at 11-29 04:48
For $399 I have nothing to complain, btw great video. Thanks for sharing

Agree                              
2019-11-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice looking footage. Really liking the Mini
2019-11-29
Use props
Casey55
New

United States

Video it makes is really good.
2021-6-3
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

in my opinion it is still good. Yeah the MM2 with 4k and dynamic is much better but the video footage is sufficient.
2021-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules