12Next >
14062 70 2019-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LUQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27428 ft
Poland

Hello. I have a problem with my mavic mini. The aircraft loses control during flight, at least this is how it looks. I checked flight logs and very often I get an error - Not Enough Force / ESC Error.
Has anyone had such a problem? What does this error mean?

ESCerror.PNG

2019-11-28
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

The ESC is the component that controls the power going to your motors. The Mavic Mini has a 4-in-1 ESC which means all four of your motors are controlled by this single part. Given the errors in your logs and your control issues, this is likely hardware failure. Assuming that is the case, don't try to fly the drone, and look into a warranty replacement.

I would also check to make sure that there is no damage to your props.

2019-11-29
Use props
fans2480086e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317359 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar issue with mine with the same errors. Mine only seems to occur when setting a RTH. I reported it to DJI but haven't heard anything. Mine was an odd flight whereby it wanted to do a RTH with almost 40% battery and the RTH was going in the wrong direction, moving very slowly and the Gimbal was jumping all over the place. I also had a low voltage warning on the screen with 38% battery.  In the end, I had to manually take over and almost ran out of battery. It last over a third of the battery in around 5 mins.

Did another flight straight after and the drone was fine so I wonder if mine is due to a faulty battery.

2019-11-29
Use props
LUQ
lvl.1
Poland

Bjord Posted at 11-29 00:06
The ESC is the component that controls the power going to your motors. The Mavic Mini has a 4-in-1 ESC which means all four of your motors are controlled by this single part. Given the errors in your logs and your control issues, this is likely hardware failure. Assuming that is the case, don't try to fly the drone, and look into a warranty replacement.

I would also check to make sure that there is no damage to your props.

ok thank you very much for your help. I will check everything and give the equipment for warranty.
2019-11-29
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

Hello Luk and Fans... , what log reader have you used to get such clear data tables?

Tks folks
2019-11-29
Use props
bowen159
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317359 ft
United Kingdom

emaneg Posted at 11-29 05:54
Hello Luk and Fans... , what log reader have you used to get such clear data tables?

Tks folks

Take the flight records from your phone (plug into your PC and navigate to the Flight Record folder in the DJI Go folder). Find the file which has the correct time stamp for your flight. Copy it to your PC and upload it to https://airdata.com/

This will generate the above log and a nice map of your flight.
2019-11-29
Use props
WooZie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4485558 ft
Romania

this is my log before the drone crashed, not in that flight, but in the next, so is not an isolate issue, i think is a designed issue, my drone is in service now, i will post here after they will decide
Untitled.jpg
2019-11-29
Use props
StefanMalloch
lvl.2
Canada

I think i'm having the same issue.. How do you see those logs? TIA
2019-11-29
Use props
WooZie
lvl.3
Romania

StefanMalloch Posted at 11-29 12:58

on the airdata site upload your logs and see the errors
2019-11-29
Use props
LUQ
lvl.1
Poland

StefanMalloch Posted at 11-29 12:58

I did problem rescherch and I have some guesses.  First of all - I flew in wing covers and did not enable the option in the application safety-> advanced settings-> payload mode.  Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to test if it mattered.  Maybe tomorrow I will be flying so I will write if errors still appear.
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_DVXHRYYnpLpz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

fans2480086e Posted at 11-29 00:24
I had a similar issue with mine with the same errors. Mine only seems to occur when setting a RTH. I reported it to DJI but haven't heard anything. Mine was an odd flight whereby it wanted to do a RTH with almost 40% battery and the RTH was going in the wrong direction, moving very slowly and the Gimbal was jumping all over the place. I also had a low voltage warning on the screen with 38% battery.  In the end, I had to manually take over and almost ran out of battery. It last over a third of the battery in around 5 mins.

Did another flight straight after and the drone was fine so I wonder if mine is due to a faulty battery.

Same here, had 2 flight everything was ok. Yesterday i had a flight (first flight with battery number 3 (yes I gave them numbers since I had a feeling something related to battery will happen..) and got this error.
This error is similar to the insufficient power. The error code is the same 30168. Uploading the data to airdata.com reveal the actual problem.
Not enough power / ESC error.
Wondering if this a battery issue or something else ..

https://app.airdata.com/share/ChYnYl
0C294BA5-66C6-4548-8A81-71840770AEF8.jpeg
2019-11-30
Use props
WooZie
lvl.3
Romania

djiuser_DVXHRYYnpLpz Posted at 11-30 02:17
Same here, had 2 flight everything was ok. Yesterday i had a flight (first flight with battery number 3 (yes I gave them numbers since I had a feeling something related to battery will happen..) and got this error.
This error is similar to the insufficient power. The error code is the same 30168. Uploading the data to airdata.com reveal the actual problem.

it is not battery problem, it is esc issue, because my drone gave the same errors with all three batteries
2019-11-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

bowen159 Posted at 11-29 08:02
Take the flight records from your phone (plug into your PC and navigate to the Flight Record folder in the DJI Go folder). Find the file which has the correct time stamp for your flight. Copy it to your PC and upload it to https://airdata.com/

This will generate the above log and a nice map of your flight.

Thanks for that info! very useful.
2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_DVXHRYYnpLpz
lvl.3
Israel

WooZie Posted at 11-30 02:26
it is not battery problem, it is esc issue, because my drone gave the same errors with all three batteries

Ok, so now what ?
This is a common issue, and no appropriate answer fro dji (yet).
2019-11-30
Use props
WooZie
lvl.3
Romania

djiuser_DVXHRYYnpLpz Posted at 11-30 03:33
Ok, so now what ?
This is a common issue, and no appropriate answer fro dji (yet).

i know that, i just only said what was happening for me, we will see if DJI will solve this in the firmware update or not
2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_DVXHRYYnpLpz
lvl.3
Israel

WooZie Posted at 11-30 03:35
i know that, i just only said what was happening for me, we will see if DJI will solve this in the firmware update or not

Tested the drone again today. got this warning every time I flew against the wind (P mode wind was 13-14 mph / 22kmh).
I also got this error message when both sticks were full throttle up.
Never got it when I flew the opposite direction (with the wind).
I believe this issue can be easily reconstructed by almost anyone on the same conditions.
2019-11-30
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

AIrdata has good telemetry and analytics for each flight; batteries, copters, environment, etc. I usually double check my flights to ensure no issues.
2019-11-30
Use props
WooZie
lvl.3
Romania

djicheaha Posted at 11-30 07:23
AIrdata has good telemetry and analytics for each flight; batteries, copters, environment, etc. I usually double check my flights to ensure no issues.

so, you do not have any error on the flights?
2019-11-30
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Correct, not as described here. Occasionally I get, loss of signal, low sat count, turn response time, etc. Helpful information.
2019-11-30
Use props
WooZie
lvl.3
Romania

djicheaha Posted at 11-30 07:59
Correct, not as described here. Occasionally I get, loss of signal, low sat count, turn response time, etc. Helpful information.

you are really lucky, i have lost my drone like any others, but this error was present on all the flights even indoor
2019-11-30
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

I suspect you may have had strong winds, and if you don't already - perhaps check the wind conditions on the weather network before flying?

This drone is definitely not as strong as the Phantom 3/4 ,or mavic pro/etc series - so I try an make sure I only fly in winds (include wind gusts) of below 10 mph. Try that - and see if it fixes it?
2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_DVXHRYYnpLpz
lvl.3
Israel

WooZie Posted at 11-30 08:02
you are really lucky, i have lost my drone like any others, but this error was present on all the flights even indoor

I tested today indoor and indeed, got the same error.
I think my drone is defected
2019-11-30
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

djiuser_DVXHRYYnpLpz Posted at 11-30 02:17
[Image]

Good thinking about marking the batteries! Will do the same.
2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_eSScYnZqmS9K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207579 ft
United States

So, I saw some error on my flight yesterday, and it disappeared before I could completely read it. I checked the log and this is what came up. This is scary.

2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_RDpozUn4JhQY
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_eSScYnZqmS9K Posted at 11-30 18:56
So, I saw some error on my flight yesterday, and it disappeared before I could completely[view_image] read it. I checked the log and this is what came up. This is scary.

I read on a spark forum that someone had the not enough force/esc error caused by a corrupt firmware. Updating or reloading the firmware fixed the issue.
2019-11-30
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

Have you guys updated the firmware on your batteries? I had heard the recent update was to fix this issue
2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Brother
lvl.2
Canada

DJI assistant 2 for mavic. Have you loaded the lastest firmware? If so have you tried to 'refresh' your firmware? It might fix your problem if it's a firmware issue and you have the current version already loaded.
2019-11-30
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

I just checked my logs and I actually have this warning constantly, but my drone flies just fine. It occurs more often while using the prop guards. I think it's a false positive. Unless you're having flight issues I think it's safe to ignore this warning.
2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Brother
lvl.2
Canada

Bjord Posted at 11-30 19:45
I just checked my logs and I actually have this warning constantly, but my drone flies just fine. It occurs more often while using the prop guards. I think it's a false positive. Unless you're having flight issues I think it's safe to ignore this warning.

Try refreshing your firmware in DJI assistant 2 for mavic.
2019-11-30
Use props
__Raven__
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135052 ft
Australia

djicheaha Posted at 11-30 07:23

I agree with this. This just means that the motors have reached their full potential. The motors will have to work harder in order to fly against the wind, and so that message will pop up very often. I recreated this error by flying against the wind at full speed, and the error didn't appear when going full speed with the wind.

TL;DR - It means the motors reached 100% performance, especially against the wind.
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_ThCj4Jv62K4m
lvl.1

South Africa

I got this today. With what % batteries did you guys take off? I took off with 60%. It gave the error crashed, smashed a prop. I fixed it, charged another battery to 100% and it worked 100% like normal.

So:
Either software
Or that battery is faulty
Or a low charged battery on new flight might give the drone false reading, not pushing out enough power leading the drone to think theres a heavy payload, push out the payload warning and crash.

Let me know what you think.
2019-12-6
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

No, with 60% you can start normally. If it were as you say, the drone would crash even if you start with 100% and the battery at 60% arrives? So I started with less than 50%, everything was normal. So it's not the 60%, but maybe the battery. Or other circumstances, such as gust of wind (drone becomes unstable for a short time, drone becomes unstable, tilts and engines go out), interference from wireless LANs in the area or other things. Recharge the battery to 100% and fly ... if you dare.
2019-12-6
Use props
Jordanescu
lvl.1

Poland

Took my first outdoor flight today and got that error twice.
I believe as __RAVEN___ wrote - its because of wind.
My vast open space area round my house is usually windy.

If someone sees worrying data out of my LOG please let me know
This is my first owned drone so I want to do my best to improve my skills
2019-12-15
Use props
NickDuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66716 ft
Vietnam

I got same issue on logs.
2019-12-16
Use props
NickDuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66716 ft
Vietnam

I got same issues in the log,

I read all above comments of you. I summarize the action might lead to errors and combine with my fly last time.

1. Meaning of warning: the 4 motors are operating at max power to carry guards or  to resist with the wind or both.

2. Possible reasons: put properllers guard in, flew against strong wind.

So anyone can test the scenario as below (since I am busy in week days) and tell others the response ?

0. Upgrade (refresh) the latest firmware by using DJI Assistant 2.

1. If you get this error, try to fly at slower speed with same direction, if still get errors , try to  fly opposite direction and see (assumpt to fly with the wind).
2. Record you distance and heigh that you got the errors

I think it'd better to combine many report into one and report directly to DJI.

In my thikining (assumption) :
- This is limitation of the very small and light aircraft.
- Erorrs might come from the software --> made false warning.

Hope to see the respose from yours.

Thanks,
(from VietNam)
2019-12-16
Use props
fansd8cae76b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252146 ft
United States

Yes I also received the not enough force esc error over 1000 times before my drone crashed into the lake.  I sent my drone into DJI over a month ago for repair or replacement.  Upon receiving the drone they sent me a bill for the price of a new drone and stated the reason for the crash was pilot error and water damage is non-repairable.  I knew something wasn’t right with the drone and just now learned about air data.  Well upon inspection you could clearly see the warning from when it went into failsafe/mode all the way to where it crashed into the lake. Like I said it repeated this warning continuesly for over 1000 times.   I know they could clearly see the message too at DJI but did not want to take the blame and say it was pilot error.  I’m not sure what action to take but that’s a load of crap DJI, you should be ashamed and embarassed.
2019-12-21
Use props
fansd8cae76b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252146 ft
United States

fansd8cae76b Posted at 12-21 15:56
Yes I also received the not enough force esc error over 1000 times before my drone crashed into the lake.  I sent my drone into DJI over a month ago for repair or replacement.  Upon receiving the drone they sent me a bill for the price of a new drone and stated the reason for the crash was pilot error and water damage is non-repairable.  I knew something wasn’t right with the drone and just now learned about air data.  Well upon inspection you could clearly see the warning from when it went into failsafe/mode all the way to where it crashed into the lake. Like I said it repeated this warning continuesly for over 1000 times.   I know they could clearly see the message too at DJI but did not want to take the blame and say it was pilot error.  I’m not sure what action to take but that’s a load of crap DJI, you should be ashamed and embarassed.

Yes my real name is Will Owsley CAS 2051846-G6K1G2
91EBB032-4D93-44DA-9152-5FA016DEAE56.jpeg
F0867718-BB78-4AC1-ACC6-2A6CE800691A.png
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_bzOWJsODYmNP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325 ft

Sweden

I hade the same problem with mine. Esc error. It started to behave really weird and started to fly on it’s one. I cold not control it. And it was not windy at all outside. Could it be the humidity in the air? It was not raining but a little bit of fogg.
2019-12-26
Use props
dutch937
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322461 ft
United States

DJI Brother Posted at 11-30 19:53
Try refreshing your firmware in DJI assistant 2 for mavic.

I had the same issue a few weeks ago right after updating mini to the latest firmware. What worked for me was using DJI Assistant and returning drone to previous firmware and then reinstalling latest firmware. Now, no more error messages and Mini working as intended.
2019-12-26
Use props
chileanbyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489314 ft
United States

so I was doing some testing inside the house. I put on the guards

check this out https://app.airdata.com/share/JYdjZo

mostly esc force errors etc.  not sure. I was flying 0.7mph

Thoughts>?
2019-12-26
Use props