Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini fast charge
12981 14 2019-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
georgebguedes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1097188 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hello everyone,

so DJI doesn't ship the brazilian model of Mavic Mini Fly More Combo with the 18W fast charger (BTW, nice job DJI!).

I have an anker wall charger with the specifications attached. Two questions:

1) can I charge the batteries and controller safely with this anker charger? Can it damage the batteries?
2) will it fast charge just like the 18W brick that comes in other countries?

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I don't know anything about power outputs so I thought it was safer to ask.

anker charger specs

anker charger specs
2019-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. DJI does not recommend to use third party devices however base on the image provided as long as it matches the required output indicated for the charger, it is possible to charge the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition, I will be posting an image for the charger specification for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your valued support.

2019-11-29
Use props
Christian U
Second Officer
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

What of this Voltages is nessesary to enable Quick Charge ?
I hoped that i can load the Batterys fast from an 18W cable Anker Powerbank, but it seems not to work.
Since DJI dont delivers an Charger to the Standard Mavic Mini Package, i dont understand how you can "not recommend" the use of third party chargers.
I even dont find the DJI Charger in the Store.
2019-11-29
Use props
georgebguedes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1097188 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-29 08:20
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. DJI does not recommend to use third party devices however base on the image provided as long as it matches the required output indicated for the charger, it is possible to charge the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition, I will be posting an image for the charger specification for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your valued support.

[view_image]

Thanks for your response!

But, as Christian U pointed out, I also don't understand how DJI does "NOT recommend" using third party chargers if you don't include a charger with the Mavic Mini Fly More Combo in Brazil (unlike what happens in the rest of the world). How am I supposed to charge the batteries and controller?
2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

georgebguedes Posted at 11-30 16:58
Thanks for your response!

But, as Christian U pointed out, I also don't understand how DJI does "NOT recommend" using third party chargers if you don't include a charger with the Mavic Mini Fly More Combo in Brazil (unlike what happens in the rest of the world). How am I supposed to charge the batteries and controller?

Hi. Thank you for the additional insights and information given. With regards to the charger that you need for charging your DJI Mavic Mini. I would recommend to purchase a charger from a reputable sources for you to be able to get a good quality and with an accurate output ( 12V 1.5A / 9V 2A / 5V 3A ). Please be aware of low quality chargers that might damage the battery of your drone or the DJI Mavic Mini itself. Thank you.
2019-12-2
Use props
Christian U
Second Officer
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

I have sold an Power bank that fills the requirements.
https://www.ebay.de/itm/20000mAh ... t-2USB/222401776779
What should i say, works great
2019-12-4
Use props
fansc6b38aac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2217487 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Bad point for DJI this time... Mavic Mini is being sold in Brazil without the power adapter. It should be sent in the kit as always did with other DJI products. It doesn't matter ir that power adapter "QC18-US" is not like brazilian standards... or maybe you could send "QC18-EU" which is like our standards.
I've tested charging batteries with "QC18-US" and with another adapter (even with more power than DJI one) and I don't know why "QC18-US" is faster.
DJI should at least have the option for us to buy this adapter, since we can't find it even on AliExpress or other big chinese stores.
2019-12-30
Use props
TDZHDTV
First Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

If you use the IQ port you’ll get 12w, if you us the PD (you’ll need a cable) the charger will negotiate required out with the AC, Anker and RavPower are reputable companies.
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got this one from amazon. Might be worth a look to see if they have one available for Brazilian standards. But it has two QC 3.0 ports and 4 regular 2.4 amp ports. 6 ports total that replaced all my charging bricks with one device. Works a treat for fast charging my mini and controller at the same time too. It is thrid party so it isn't officially supported. But it meets the specs of the original brick that came in my fly more combo.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 1_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-12-30
Use props
eeperalta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217500 ft

Chile

Hi!

I have a power charger from my notebook. It says several outputs:

5V, 2A, 10W
9V,2A, 18W
12V,2A,24W
15V,3A,45W
20V,3,25A,65W

As one output (9V,2A, 18W) matches with the 18W output from de original DJI charger, can I use mine?
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_HCZRSIR6H9SN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277992 ft
India

I have a charger, which can go up to 33 w, can it be used? Rate as below, 5v 3 a, 9 v 2 a, 12 v 1.5a, 20 v 1.35 a, 11 v 3 amax
2020-10-17
Use props
Zed_Br
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

djiuser_HCZRSIR6H9SN Posted at 10-17 16:57
I have a charger, which can go up to 33 w, can it be used? Rate as below, 5v 3 a, 9 v 2 a, 12 v 1.5a, 20 v 1.35 a, 11 v 3 amax

I don't recommend  you to use any charger with more than 18 w. The only problem is that if the power is less than 18W, it won’t charge as fast as DJI 18W power adapter. It will take more time to charge.
2020-10-17
Use props
Vimarsh Gowda
lvl.1
India

Zed_Br Posted at 10-17 17:48
I don't recommend  you to use any charger with more than 18 w. The only problem is that if the power is less than 18W, it won’t charge as fast as DJI 18W power adapter. It will take more time to charge.

Thank you. I have bought a MI, Qualcomm 3.0,  18W quick charger.  Hope this is OK as 18 W is supported
2020-10-21
Use props
Zed_Br
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

Vimarsh Gowda Posted at 10-21 03:56
Thank you. I have bought a MI, Qualcomm 3.0,  18W quick charger.  Hope this is OK as 18 W is supported

I hope it works fine. I'm using my Motorola G6 fast charger (14.4 W) and it is ok here. It is not 18 W, take few more minutes to charge, but is not so slow as the regular ones.
2020-10-21
Use props
Vimarsh Gowda
lvl.1
India

Zed_Br Posted at 10-21 09:07
I hope it works fine. I'm using my Motorola G6 fast charger (14.4 W) and it is ok here. It is not 18 W, take few more minutes to charge, but is not so slow as the regular ones.

I have used MI 18 W Qualcomm; It is working pretty good. I can even see the charging indicator notification light speed increase after few seconds of plug in. I can realize the role of Qualcomm here   
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules