Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller USB link keeps disconnecting during flight!
6729 17 2019-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattshelley
lvl.1

Spain

Hey guys,

I've got the new Mavic Mini and I've noticed the USB cable keep disconnecting from the controller during flight.

Damn scary, I have to keep wiggling it around until it decides to reconnect I've tested different USB cable with a charger and it's definitely the controller not my phone as it powers on/off all the time.

I'm handy with a screwdriver.. but.. rather not...

What's the best thing to do? I live in Spain for the next 5 weeks, nowhere near any shops or suppliers. Any suggestions, can DJI help? How long would I be grounded for?

Thanks,

Matt
2019-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. For us to better assists you, kindly please provide a short video of the said issue and also may I know where did you purchase the drone? Thank you.
2019-11-29
Use props
mattshelley
lvl.1

Spain

Hi Paladin,

I bought the drone via Amazon.es (Spain), from Amazon ES.

Here's a video of the disconnecting issue. I won't be here for much longer, had planned to use this a lot :/

2019-11-30
Use props
mattshelley
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-29 09:35
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. For us to better assists you, kindly please provide a short video of the said issue and also may I know where did you purchase the drone? Thank you.

See comment above
2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for the video that you have provided. Just to clarify have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from your mobile device? May I also the exact model of the mobile device you are using please for us to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. For us to assists you further. Thank you.
2019-12-2
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2241375 ft
United States

Have you tried a different cable yet - between phone and controller?  You said you tried a different charger cable.
2019-12-2
Use props
mattshelley
lvl.1

Spain

WSUPolar Posted at 12-2 13:21
Have you tried a different cable yet - between phone and controller?  You said you tried a different charger cable.

I just received an order for cables from a third-party on Amazon.

STARTRC Data Cable 3.9 and 11.8 Inch Micro USB to Type C 90 Degree Cable for Mavic Mini / Mavic Pro & Platinum / Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom / Spark / Mavic Air dji

The 30cm long cable worked without any issues. Ironically, I couldn't get the 10cm cable they sent to work.

So, it seems it was the original DJI controller cable that is faulty. That's pretty bad for 19 flights.
2019-12-5
Use props
mattshelley
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-2 12:35
Thank you for the video that you have provided. Just to clarify have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from your mobile device? May I also the exact model of the mobile device you are using please for us to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. For us to assists you further. Thank you.

Hey Paladin,

I did't re-install the app. I'm using a Huawei P30 Lite (MAR-LX2) running Android 9.1 / 6GB Ram / 128GB Storage.

I've just received a 30cm cable from a 3rd party and that appears to work fine - no connection issues. So it looks like it's the DJI cable that's faulty :/

Do you think DJI can send me a new cable without having to send the whole drone back?! 30cm work is great but it's sticking out of the side lol!
2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

mattshelley Posted at 12-5 01:59
Hey Paladin,

I did't re-install the app. I'm using a Huawei P30 Lite (MAR-LX2) running Android 9.1 / 6GB Ram / 128GB Storage.

Hi. Thank you for the update and the follow up inquiry. For the issue with the cable. I would recommend to please send an email to ( support@dji.com ) to start ticket. Our DJI designated department will do their best to assist you with the cable. If you have further concern or inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2019-12-6
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

mattshelley Posted at 11-30 03:19
Hi Paladin,

I bought the drone via Amazon.es (Spain), from Amazon ES.

Yeh, I see how that could get very irritating. Good luck with a replacement lead; I'm confident DJI will sort you out with minimum fuss.
2019-12-6
Use props
LordMegatron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65758 ft
Netherlands

i have the same kind of problem , rc connection lost notification all the time, bought a new cable (original) ,no succes, i found that the micro usb connector inside the controller is very wiggly , i have the device 1 week and since day 1 the cable is connected to the controller and never removed... this is just poor build quality...
2019-12-6
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

Have you cleared your phones charger port? Use a pin to clear fluff. Get this with my phone and charger cables a lot, worth a shot
2019-12-6
Use props
luxoid
lvl.1

Hungary

Hello!

I know this topic is half year old but I have experienced the very same issues on the 4th take off...
I have found the USB Type C cable has a breakage near the type C connector out of the box. I thought that must be the reason of continuous disconnecting so tested it with an iPad after the Android smartphone. With the iPad I haven't got any warning messages. Even tried to push the micro usb connector around the remote's socket. Switched back to the Android phone (Huawei P20) which disconnected before, restarted the phone, charged it and disabled all applications to run in the background except the DJI Fly app. Even set it to maximum performance to disable energy saving protocols. I have plugged it again to the remote with the original micro usb to type c cable and now it works like a charm. Couldn't get the disconnected warning again. I have even tried to twist, move the phone, push the connectors and no warning messages about RC not connected to mobile device.
I will test it out outside as well today if weather will allow me to do so.
2020-9-7
Use props
luxoid
lvl.1

Hungary

luxoid Posted at 9-7 01:56
Hello!

I know this topic is half year old but I have experienced the very same issues on the 4th take off...

Sadly the problem occured again during the flights outside. It looks like there is something running in the background on the Huawei P20 which keeps disconnecting the DJI Fly app. On P30 lite it works like a charm. I will try to do a factory reset on the P20 shortly to see if it solves the problem.
2020-9-7
Use props
Menekis
New
Canada

I think I figured it out, I also have a p20 pro that had this issue. I tested with my old nexus 5x and didnt had the problem. What I think is happening here is Huawei's battery managment at it's best. In the settings, go in app, search for dji fly, select it and disable the automatic app management for that one and disable the power usage notifications (im translating on the fly since mine is in french...). I did that and didn't saw the issue reappear so far.
2020-10-18
Use props
Scarves UP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

luxoid Posted at 9-7 01:56
Hello!

I know this topic is half year old but I have experienced the very same issues on the 4th take off...

I feel usb c type connections get loose after a while. those are the only ports with issues ive seen.
2020-10-21
Use props
Scarves UP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Menekis Posted at 10-18 10:06
I think I figured it out, I also have a p20 pro that had this issue. I tested with my old nexus 5x and didnt had the problem. What I think is happening here is Huawei's battery managment at it's best. In the settings, go in app, search for dji fly, select it and disable the automatic app management for that one and disable the power usage notifications (im translating on the fly since mine is in french...). I did that and didn't saw the issue reappear so far.

Thx for the info!
2020-10-21
Use props
the_p1gg0d
lvl.2

Italy

I had the same problem and changing the system language to english solved the problem...
4-6 02:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules