I ordered a FLIR XT 640 13mm for the Inspire 1 Pro.
999 6 2019-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered it as it seems to be a lot better than the M2ED so in total I got everything for $4k.
2019-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for sharing these information with us. Thank you for your support and thank you for choosing DJI.
2019-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What is the reason that you bought it?
2019-11-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-30 11:47
What is the reason that you bought it?

When I was taking photos of the interior and seeing how the cold wasn't just coming from the window, using the aerial system for future projects would help a lot because we have accurate data of what is happening such as improper insulation of equipment at heights we cannot reach from the ground level Flir One Pro device.

Plus, I wanted a use for the Inspire 1 Pro.  It's pretty much eq. in performance to the M2 or P4 and to do speeds greater than 40mph requires tailwind.  When you go far out coming back into Headwind, the Spark in sports mode would outperform.  This is unacceptable as I got the drone to do 65mph everywhere but then for what you need in the Inspire 2.  You cannot put any of the enterprise attachments on the Inspire 2 as they have designed it so people only purchase the drones that cost $10,000+ instead of just getting one for $2,999 and doing the same job.  Flying far results in garbage feed and constant weak signal reports so flying close only, where thermals perform their best, for $4k for everything, it's a no brainer to have.  The XT cost over $10k new but I got this and the Inspire 1 setup from guys that have retired from using them but treating their equipment w/ respect. : )

XT 640 13mm 30Hz for $3k is a steal.

• I have zoom and close-up capabilities w/ the M2Z.
  • I have night shooting capabilities w/ the M2P.
  • I have mapping capabilities w/ the P4PV2.0.
  • I have selfie capabilities w/ the Spark.

• Soon to have thermographic capabilities w/ the Inspire 1 Pro (XT).
  • Soon to have indoor and outdoor full-tracking capabilities w/ the Skydio 2.

2019-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 11-30 15:50
When I was taking photos of the interior and seeing how the cold wasn't just coming from the window, using the aerial system for future projects would help a lot because we have accurate data of what is happening such as improper insulation of equipment at heights we cannot reach from the ground level Flir One Pro device.

Plus, I wanted a use for the Inspire 1 Pro.  It's pretty much eq. in performance to the M2 or P4 and to do speeds greater than 40mph requires tailwind.  When you go far out coming back into Headwind, the Spark in sports mode would outperform.  This is unacceptable as I got the drone to do 65mph everywhere but then for what you need in the Inspire 2.  You cannot put any of the enterprise attachments on the Inspire 2 as they have designed it so people only purchase the drones that cost $10,000+ instead of just getting one for $2,999 and doing the same job.  Flying far results in garbage feed and constant weak signal reports so flying close only, where thermals perform their best, for $4k for everything, it's a no brainer to have.  The XT cost over $10k new but I got this and the Inspire 1 setup from guys that have retired from using them but treating their equipment w/ respect. : )

Your budget is different then mine
But I'm just in it for the hobby
2019-12-1
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 11-30 15:50
When I was taking photos of the interior and seeing how the cold wasn't just coming from the window, using the aerial system for future projects would help a lot because we have accurate data of what is happening such as improper insulation of equipment at heights we cannot reach from the ground level Flir One Pro device.

Plus, I wanted a use for the Inspire 1 Pro.  It's pretty much eq. in performance to the M2 or P4 and to do speeds greater than 40mph requires tailwind.  When you go far out coming back into Headwind, the Spark in sports mode would outperform.  This is unacceptable as I got the drone to do 65mph everywhere but then for what you need in the Inspire 2.  You cannot put any of the enterprise attachments on the Inspire 2 as they have designed it so people only purchase the drones that cost $10,000+ instead of just getting one for $2,999 and doing the same job.  Flying far results in garbage feed and constant weak signal reports so flying close only, where thermals perform their best, for $4k for everything, it's a no brainer to have.  The XT cost over $10k new but I got this and the Inspire 1 setup from guys that have retired from using them but treating their equipment w/ respect. : )
You're spending a lot for xt's live feed. Though you could mount other thermal cameras on that as well.

The X5, X5s and X7 micro 4/3's are basically the best for low light. And the p4p m2p and other non 4/3's drones does not come close in lowlight. You could also use electronic zoom 150mm or 175mm lens on any of the 4/3's.

2019-12-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 12-1 07:58
You're spending a lot for xt's live feed. Though you could mount other thermal cameras on that as well.

The X5, X5s and X7 micro 4/3's are basically the best for low light. And the p4p m2p and other non 4/3's drones does not come close in lowlight. You could also use electronic zoom 150mm or 175mm lens on any of the 4/3's.

I was looking at the ground camera at 640 30Hz which is $30k.  I think getting it for $3k is a bargain.  It has many use cases.  Having important in-house features that Work is very important to me than jerry-rigging a setup and have a dual-op for it to even work.  I stash everything in a backpack for portability.  If you have an M210 you cannot backpack that.

I'm going to post the findings w/ the setup.  I'm thinking about having some overlay in AR that I will program.

This isn't even 640x512, it's 640x480
https://www.flir.com/products/t860/

They are going for at least $6k on eBay and the 336 model sells constantly for $3.5k.
2019-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules