Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
i lost control of MA just after take off & it crashed to the ground
825 3 2019-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kirbyt
lvl.1
Ireland

prior to take off i had to recalibrate the compass which i succesfully did but just after take off got message that said compass needs recalibration ??? & lost total control & MA started to come down very quickly then seemed to turn sideways & crashed into my car?
i broke 2 propellors so i suppose i got off lightly!
I returned home & replaced propellors & tried to fly again - no problem everything seemed ok - did not even have to recalibrate ?
Can anybody help?

2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day kirbyt. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Air crashed of the previous flight. Since there was a crashed that happened before. I would recommend you contact our support team to further check the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason on what happened to that previous flight and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-11-30
Use props
slup
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1607103 ft
Sweden

Can be that you started from a place with alot of magnetic interference, hence the calibration message. And by calibrating you calibrated in a "interference error".  Once airborn and away from the interference the compass were wrong and AC went into the famous "toilet bowl" turn and crashed.

See here:
2019-11-30
Use props
QQRUCH
Captain
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

slup Posted at 11-30 13:38
Can be that you started from a place with alot of magnetic interference, hence the calibration message. And by calibrating you calibrated in a "interference error".  Once airborn and away from the interference the compass were wrong and AC went into the famous "toilet bowl" turn and crashed.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piav-o0zwP0&t=36s

Thanks for sharing this video with us. It's a good explanatory video.

Always have a safe flight.
2019-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules