Max Flight Altitude
1587 7 2019-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
photos&sneakers
New
United States

I've taken a look through the forum already, but I haven't seen anyone else expirence this issue. I've set the max flight altitude to around 300m and no distance boundries. I also live in an area where all drone use is permitted. Howver I'm getting a message "Max flight altitude reached" after going 4.5m up. I'm also on the latest firmware and recalibrated the IMU settings. If anyone has some advice that would be great.
2019-11-30
Use props
RichRob
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sounds like you've not got GPS lock, in which case the altitude is limited.
2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As RichRob said you must be in gps mode you will see on your app sat count if it is still in red you are opti or atti mode and your craft is restricted to 26ft altitude, just wait slightly longer until you see preferably 11 sats or 4 green bars .
2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As RichRob said you must be in gps mode you will see on your app sat count if it is still in red you are opti or atti mode and your craft is restricted to 26ft altitude, just wait slightly longer until you see preferably 11 sats or 4 green bars .
2019-11-30
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

As the others said. You MUST have good GPS signal before it will let you fly higher than 15 or 20 ft. If you are in a congested area (lots of buildings, trees, mountains, etc.) it will take longer to acquire the satellites.
2019-11-30
Use props
Xmcaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14570 ft
Israel

Jollyroger Hobbies Posted at 11-30 19:27
As the others said. You MUST have good GPS signal before it will let you fly higher than 15 or 20 ft. If you are in a congested area (lots of buildings, trees, mountains, etc.) it will take longer to acquire the satellites.

so it could be the reason why my drone as well lost signal at 24ft?
(buildings, many trees, high antena at the park)

2019-12-1
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

Xmcaz Posted at 12-1 02:40
so it could be the reason why my drone as well lost signal at 24ft?
(buildings, many trees, high antena at the park)

Your video does show lots of trees and buildings, but it doesn't look like you went anywhere, just straight up. Unfortunately your video is from the video saved on the card and not your device video so I cannot see any issues. Now if you experienced video/transmitter signal drop out (not loss of gps) then I have a theory since you just went straight up. here, watch this video(not mine):

If you did lose gps and it did not let you go higher, then yes it could be GPS problem. At that moment I would take the mini up to maximum height and just hover it and wait and see if you get a better gps signal. If possible try to wait with it on the ground first, but if that doesn't work, then go up and try to get higher for better gps signal. Just be carefull as if you are in low light, atti mode may not work. then you will be in full manual mode.

2019-12-1
Use props
Xmcaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14570 ft
Israel

Jollyroger Hobbies Posted at 12-1 09:51
Your video does show lots of trees and buildings, but it doesn't look like you went anywhere, just straight up. Unfortunately your video is from the video saved on the card and not your device video so I cannot see any issues. Now if you experienced video/transmitter signal drop out (not loss of gps) then I have a theory since you just went straight up. here, watch this video(not mine):

https://youtu.be/lbEyTPqUzbo

Thank you, you explained it very good!
I will do the tests soon
2019-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules