RTH - I can’t be the only person who never uses it?
589 6 2019-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WSUPolar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2241375 ft
United States

I regularly see people talking about RTH.

I have never used it (manual trigger) once.   Always fly my drone back myself. I have over one hundred forty flights across my P3 and my newer Mavic Mini. Even when my drone drops signal and starts a return trek (I still always set my home point) I still take over and fly it back myself when it comes back in range. I also never land my drones - I never though I was that uncommon as I always catch/kill flights (much easier on my Phantom).

Is this uncommon behavior of mine or am I missing out on some other feature that RTH offers?  This is just honest curiosity.

As a side note - I learned on my P3 - which does not have a button for RTH; so that may explain some of it.
2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think most don’t use it I don’t, but it’s pretty important for newbies and new flyers who don’t feel competent yet to land safely also if you lose your craft in the sky and aren’t sure how to use map or radar .

I also believe everyone should become familiar with how all different RTH work and what will happen in each different scenario.

A lot of pros working will show an assistant how to use RTH in the event of anything happening to them .
2019-11-30
Use props
Anthony Sparky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50305 ft
Australia

Hi all i do use the RTH function and when its above me ( in line of sight ) i then manually take control and land the drone
The drone I have is the mavic pro
2019-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don’t use it but when I was buying my first drone it was an important feature for me. I knew with it I could get myself out of trouble if needed.
2019-12-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't use it myself, but agree it's a must have.
2019-12-1
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Needed it 1 time with my mavic 1 when it went out of control. And sometimes I start rth to have the drone turn toward me. Then I stop it and fly home manually.
It's something like an insurance. Hope you never need it, but it's there when you do.
2019-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

One thing to remember with Mavic Mini not available in other drones if you have weak gps and you can’t control or fly craft or have also lost sight, just hit RTH and your Mini should just land, hopefully not over water, but you have some control .
2019-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules