488 3 2019-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI has 2 independent antennas on all their controllers except on their Smart Controller.  It has two for diversity, or they have to work together?  I might install panel antennas on the Inspire controller, but if having them facing perpendicular to each other, can't it mean you have 360° coverage instead of 180°?  Shouldn't it be one pointing forward and one pointing up for the most diversity rather than both of them being parallel to each other?  Can someone explain?  I would post it in the Inspire forum, but the activity there is no where near as good as it is here.

I just think it's advertised to have both antennas parallel for the sake of marketing and look but in a connection performance setting where it can mean the difference between signal loss and no signal loss where you need to have control the most or a tragedy occurs, shouldn't it be as I've said, looking uglier but better?  One or more good examples are wearing full business attire versus gym clothing or just underwear when doing certain physical activities such as MMA or boxing at a World Championship event or even business attire versus soccer attire during the world cup?

A lot of things don't matter such as vanilla or chocolate, Burger King or McDonalds, but when it comes down to the wire results such as hitting a braking point too late and ending up in the ICU as a motorcyclist/53' truck driver is where we can see why it matters to know the best answer before things become too late.  The other option is never to run to the limits so it never has to matter but then the possibility of people doing things wrong at or beyond the limits and crashing into things that matter to you but doesn't matter to anyone else remains open.  If everyone is doing the best options then nothing should go wrong.  It's just not presented and understood to people in time.  I keep saying all the time how if Heaven was made after people have died then it was great they had no idea but we just don't know.
2019-12-1
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get an Inspire 2 with Cendence RC and patch antenna. Works perfectly.
2019-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You’d need to understand how the radio is radiated from that antenna. There’s a good explanation of the “cost” of radio here https://youtu.be/BOc3N3Yl38o
2019-12-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-1 01:12
You’d need to understand how the radio is radiated from that antenna. There’s a good explanation of the “cost” of radio here

I was looking for a simple user-end answer than a detailed engineering one where I would have the knowledge to make my own.
2019-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules