Do I need to buy expansion kit if I mainly use extension rod ?
867 9 2019-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShadowZ
lvl.2
Canada

Hi all, I'm new to Osmo Pocket here.

I'm planning to buy the osmo pocket + extension rod combo and I may need wireless module.  

Question is should I get just the wireless module alone or get the expansion kit?

I'm probably going to use the extension rod alot so I'm not sure if the wheel and mount will be useful for me because the rod seems to do their jobs already.

Thanks.

2019-12-1
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

You can hook up your phone with a USB-C cable. So, the wireless is not absolutely necessary.

Besides, I find that I use use the extension rod, more often, without a phone at all.

2019-12-1
Use props
ShadowZ
lvl.2
Canada

Curt1591 Posted at 12-1 02:03
You can hook up your phone with a USB-C cable. So, the wireless is not absolutely necessary.

Besides, I find that I use use the extension rod, more often, without a phone at all.

Thanks.
I'll probably just stick with the extension rod first then.
2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your support!
2019-12-1
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Curt1591 Posted at 12-1 02:03

Hello! Could you recommend some particular cable?
2019-12-4
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Lysak2003 Posted at 12-4 06:30
Hello! Could you recommend some particular cable?

It depends on your phone. If an iPhone, it would be a 'Lightening to USB-C" cable.

For other phones, you need a cable that fits your phone, that has USB-C on the other end.

Make sure that the cable passes data. Some are just a "charging only" cable.
2019-12-4
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Curt1591 Posted at 12-4 14:31
It depends on your phone. If an iPhone, it would be a 'Lightening to USB-C" cable.

For other phones, you need a cable that fits your phone, that has USB-C on the other end.

Thanks for clarification! I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 with Type C USB. Can you share a link on the specific cable I need?
2019-12-5
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Lysak2003 Posted at 12-5 00:36
Thanks for clarification! I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 with Type C USB. Can you share a link on the specific cable I need?

You will need something like this: https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Braided-Charging-Samsung-Nintendo/dp/B01C2PVO7S/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=data+transfer+cable+USB-C+to+USB-C&qid=1575537919&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_five_browse-bin%3A7800924011&rnid=7800923011&s=pc&sr=1-17

I am not familiar with this cable. I am just posting it as an example.

The cable will have to have the USB-C connectors on both ends (see illustration) and will need to transfer data.
USB-C.jpg
2019-12-5
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Regards your question with needing the controller wheel, I would say no if you have the extension rod.  Mainly because the rod has a joystick control and also you would need to remove the controller wheel every time you wanted to mount to the rod.
2019-12-5
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm going to go against the other's opinions and suggest that you get the wireless module; it makes it very easy to use the OP. You can stand the OP vertically in the wireless module too, and  then use your phone remotely. There's maybe been 2 occasions when the wifi proved troublesome, but a reset and all went well.  There are deals on the kit with the control wheel too! Good luck whatever way  you decide.
2019-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules