Gimbal won't move
2658 7 2019-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnFaeAlloa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all first time on forum. gimbal problems haven't crashed it just got up one day and it started going crazy now its stopped. I did a auto calibration and it keeps freezing my phone and tablet help pls
Screenshot_20191201-095344.png
Screenshot_20191201-095321.png
2019-12-1
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What phone is in use for the Phantom and what Android and  Go app version are running for ??
Can you move the cam freely by hand?
2019-12-1
Use props
JohnFaeAlloa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm using galaxy note 4 and running version 3.1.59 dji go app and yes I can move the gimbal freely. The gimbal was moving quite abruptly in all directions Now it won't move at startup. Hope this helps
2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JohnFaeAlloa. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the gimbal of your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ) that you are currently using on the said drone. I am sorry to say that the said device is not yet tested and listed a recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

2019-12-1
Use props
JohnFaeAlloa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-1 09:21
Hello and good day JohnFaeAlloa. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the gimbal of your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ) that you are currently using on the said drone. I am sorry to say that the said device is not yet tested and listed a recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen I've not had any problems using my note 4 in the past few months. The issue happened the other day with the gimbal. Since then I've used my HUAWEI MediaPad T3 10 and getting same reaction when I do an auto calabration of gimbal. Looked on YouTube vids for similar issues and found there fix didn't go with my issue
2019-12-1
Use props
JohnFaeAlloa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wondering if this is a firmware error and would reinstalling firmware help?
2019-12-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JohnFaeAlloa Posted at 12-1 10:23
Wondering if this is a firmware error and would reinstalling firmware help?

More likely that the flat ribbon cable connecting the gimbal to the aircraft is damaged. You could try replacing it yourself, but you will need some skills. Better to get it fixed by a DJI service shop.

2019-12-1
Use props
JohnFaeAlloa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 12-1 13:32
More likely that the flat ribbon cable connecting the gimbal to the aircraft is damaged. You could try replacing it yourself, but you will need some skills. Better to get it fixed by a DJI service shop.

Thanks for your reply Will have a look online to see where my nearest place is. I live in Scotland.
2019-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules