885 6 2019-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Captain
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Based on the Mavic Mini lost connection issue I saw when I was in the US. I decided to repeat the test back in DK in an open area with no wifi interference in CE territory.  

(I posted this in the original thread, so sorry for the double post but this information might be useful for someone flying in Europe)

2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Henrik Olsen. Thank you for sharing this video and your experience in flying your drone in Denmark. Well explained and thank you for your support.
2019-12-1
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

Disconnected wifi out in the open should only do discovery checks once in a while so I would not expect much interference - but being nearby "known" wifi - when your phone will attempt to connect and communicate - that might be a different story.

Just to be sure I always disable wifi and bluetooth before taking off - had pretty chill flights up to 1km away (with some delays and occasional frame drops), nevertheless nothing stressful happened to my mini during this nice windless weekend.
2019-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to see.
2019-12-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Henrik,

Nice to watch your video.

I have some worries about the 'radar' indicator, wich shows where the craft is relative to your RC.
It is not stable indicating!

See 8m39s when yopu initiated a RTH.

Same for the beginning of this flight, it does not always indicate the position of the drone correct.

Uhhmm, why ?  

I use this indicator in the GoApp (oke,different style but same purpose) always to know where my drones fly in the sky (wich direction i have to point my RC) if flying bit out of LOS.
So it should work better than i see in your video!

cheers
JJB
MiniArrow.png
2019-12-2
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

JJB* Posted at 12-2 00:20
Hi Henrik,

Also have noticed this... Luckily my field orientation is quite decent, but it can be problematic in an unknown terrain nevertheless... No information is better than misleading information IMO - it can definitely be pretty dangerous!
2019-12-2
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JJB* Posted at 12-2 00:20
Hi Henrik,

I have also experienced issues with the compass, did a phone compas calibration yesterday and I have to fly to test any changes... it made no sense what so ever the triangle direction or circle, just wondering why this may be.
2019-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules