Crashed and Repaired Mavic Pro issue
714 7 2019-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscd26fa07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 244344 ft

Singapore

I'm about to purchase a used Mavic Pro for a good deal. However, the drone has crashed before and repaired by a 3rd party shop. The shop replaced the gimbal ribbon and a front arm. However, as you can see in the photo, there is a crack above the joint of the left hind leg that was glued and a splinter on the right hind leg. Can I get any advice on whether to proceed with the purchase? Is it still safe to fly? The owner claims he flew three times after the repair with no issues. The shop only glued that part because it doesn't affect function.

Untitled.jpg
2019-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would not take that risk.
2019-12-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. In buying a used DJI Mavic Pro we do not suggest to purchase the said drone if the drone has cracks on it's body. These cracks might affect the drones performance while flying and it might lead to an incident. Thank you.
2019-12-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.  In the first place, I wouldn't accept it with any visible damage, whether it is cosmetic or not.  And then, you have no idea what sort of hidden damage there might be.  As the saying goes, RUN away from the deal.
2019-12-2
Use props
karlj
lvl.2

Singapore

Thank you for the advice!
2019-12-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Think it would depend upon two things:

1) How low the Price was.
and
2) Had a use for a "I don't care if it crashes drone".
2019-12-2
Use props
karlj
lvl.2

Singapore

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-2 18:13
Think it would depend upon two things:

1) How low the Price was.

The price is definitely low, hence a very good deal since I'm on a budget. Having flown Mavic Pro before, I test flew it and everything works accordingly. I suspect the glued part is only for aesthetic purpose cause folding and unfolding feels the same. I also asked for the repair receipt and it's from a reputable 3rd party shop.

The gimbal roll is a bit off-center but I saw that it's a common issue even for brand new ones and can simply be adjusted on the app.

I really like flying and intent to capture some nice footage. I'll continue to test fly it carefully within line-of-sight until I'm sure it's 100% safe. Thanks to everyone for your advice!
2019-12-3
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Any crashed drone is going to be a 'roll of the dice' if it will not have some other 'unforeseen' issue once you've flown it around for a while. If the price is significantly low and effectively a 'give-away' then there's not much to loose ... apart from any footage and the drone itself, if it fails in flight - plus the money you paid for it. Personally I'd only buy a second hand product as 'new' - which is exactly what I did with my Spark. 'Buyer beware' - as the saying goes.
2019-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules