Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Digital FPV System Release Notes (12/2/2019)
123Next >
18230 83 2019-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.12.02
  • Air Unit Firmware: v01.00.02.00
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.00.02.00
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.02.00
  • DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series): v2.0.0

What's New
  • Added support for recording AV IN analog video transmission. Reset the goggles to the default settings to ensure that the functions in the AV IN interface can be used normally.
  • Fixed issue: display issues appeared in AV IN analog video transmission.
  • Optimized AV IN analog video transmission to improve real-time performance.
  • Added ability to customize the on-screen display information for the goggles, which supports 24 OSD items of information items in total. (To display GPS information, enable the UART port which is connected to the GPS in Betaflight software)
  • Added ability to adjust frame rate and bit rate according to distance and channel bandwidth when the transmission distance is more than 1 km.
  • Added support to connect the remote controller via USB cable to PC to play the simulator. (The simulator software needs to support USB HID input)
  • After activating the goggles, it will enter Channel 1 by default.
  • Optimized UI menu of PID Tuning.
  • Optimized microSD card error type. “SD card full” appears when the microSD card is full during recording.
  • Fixed issue: playback speed was slow when playing 120fps video on the goggles.

Notes
  • Restart the air unit, goggles, and remote controller once the update is complete.
  • Make sure that the firmware of the air unit, the goggles and the remote controller are in the same version. Check the firmware version in Setting, Device Info, and then Device Info on goggles.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the device and DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series), and try updating again.
  • Restart the air unit after setting the protocol between the air unit and flight controller.

2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_5pqw7dGEwOgh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28127 ft
United Kingdom

" (To display GPS information, enable the UART port which is connected to the GPS in Betaflight software)" hi could you expand on this info?
2019-12-2
Use props
Bol2riz
lvl.4

France

NIce !

Thanks
2019-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2019-12-2
Use props
chixxi
lvl.1

Switzerland

Yeah, thank you so much for releasing this so quickly!!!
2019-12-2
Use props
haron55444
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8176421 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Someone test the fcc hack with this update?
2019-12-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 12-2 06:07
Thanks for the info!

You are very much welcome Peter. If you have any inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2019-12-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!  Thanks for getting this out to us.  
2019-12-2
Use props
singlag
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3217087 ft
Hong Kong

AV-in show blackscreen after update, but DVR video is fine
after downgrade the firmware, AV-in resume normal, but still show blackscreen after reflash to Goggles Firmware: v01.00.02.00
all my analog camera are 16:9, both NTSC/PAL are same result on 3 different VTX

any fix ?
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_5pqw7dGEwOgh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28127 ft
United Kingdom

haron55444 Posted at 12-2 08:59
Someone test the fcc hack with this update?

Ye works the same, and the 1000 & 1200mw
2019-12-2
Use props
fans6e9600e5
Flight distance : 2775167 ft
United Kingdom

I’m using inav with gps enabled and as far as I can see there is nothing new in the osd, in fact I have now lost the battery voltage for the quad. Not impressed with this latest update so far.
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_QCwaBrkjBRm8
lvl.1

United States

I’m excited about the added OSD options, but can’t find a list of them. Could you point me to any documentation or let us know what’s been added? Looks like the main manual hasn’t been updated yet. Thanks!
2019-12-2
Use props
fans6e9600e5
United Kingdom

Anyone figure out how to get the new custom osd stuff?
2019-12-2
Use props
Freelax
Germany

djiuser_5pqw7dGEwOgh Posted at 12-2 04:41
" (To display GPS information, enable the UART port which is connected to the GPS in Betaflight software)" hi could you expand on this info?

OSD in Betaflight needs to be enabled even though your FC does not have a OSD chip.

To configure the OSD you need to move the infos in the OSD example window, as you have preveusly have done in Betaflight.

To display GPS information, enable the UART port.... means that your gps needs to be enabled. --> I didn make any change on my GPS Quad in the Ports tab but could display the info.

Not all infos are supported yet.

For GPS its:

Sats
Longitude
Latitude

The home arrow is NOT supported yet...> WHY
2019-12-2
Use props
javo-fpv

Spain

Please, would you add iNav support?
2019-12-2
Use props
Darrin D.
New

United States

Thanks for the update DJI!

1. Where can we find a full list of the OSD elements supports would be very helpful for the community?
2. Please continue to make improvements to the firmware for open source(Betaflight and iNav) and closed source FC firmware like Flightone
3. RTH is an important OSD
2019-12-2
Use props
Franz Arians
lvl.1

Germany

So no support for inav so far. Will it come and when?
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_Zo3RwcjsQTd0
New

Spain

singlag Posted at 12-2 10:06
AV-in show blackscreen after update, but DVR video is fine
after downgrade the firmware, AV-in resume normal, but still show blackscreen after reflash to Goggles Firmware: v01.00.02.00
all my analog camera are 16:9, both NTSC/PAL are same result on 3 different VTX

I have exactly the same problem as you.
2019-12-2
Use props
Limey FPV
New

United States

Please add support for INAV. Your FPV system is perfect for fixed wing.
2019-12-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tested the "....Added support to connect the remote controller via USB cable to PC to play the simulator. (The simulator software needs to support USB HID input)".   All working now using the Flight Simulator LiftOff.  Can now use either the USB-C port or the Simulator PPM Port on the DJI Remote Controller for a connection to your PC to access LiftOff.  Don't need to buy a special cable anymore.  
2019-12-2
Use props
fredbotton75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

djiuser_Zo3RwcjsQTd0 Posted at 12-2 14:40
I have exactly the same problem as you.

Same here
2019-12-3
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Anyone confirm if AV in is working for anyone with this new firmware?  Or, is it just an issue for some users at this point?  
2019-12-3
Use props
shambler
lvl.1

Austria

RGMGFitness Posted at 12-3 06:40
Anyone confirm if AV in is working for anyone with this new firmware?  Or, is it just an issue for some users at this point?

I tested it and its working for me. No issues here.
2019-12-3
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
  • >>>
United States

shambler Posted at 12-3 06:52
I tested it and its working for me. No issues here.

Thanks..appreciate the feedback.  
2019-12-3
Use props
Bryan Frederick
New

United States

Another vote- Please add support for INAV!
2019-12-3
Use props
fans6e9600e5
United Kingdom

I have so far purchased a total of 4 air units but as an I-nav user I am very disappointed to see I cannot implement custom osd as with Betaflight. I-nav osd support is requested by myself and I’m sure thousands of other I-nav users around the world. Many thanks.
2019-12-3
Use props
michi.fpv
lvl.1

Germany

Great update. Thanks DJI. But please give us a home arrow, distance from my start point, height and the INAV support. The INAV community is also very big
2019-12-3
Use props
fans0f65086d
New

United Kingdom

Can we also have support for Eagle Tree Vector Flight Controller?
2019-12-3
Use props
fans57e7a0ca
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3107398 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome! A more complete OSD was one of the two functions I missed with the DJI FPV System.

The second function I'd like to see implemented is live audio transmission from the quad to the goggles using an earbud. The DJI Air Unit can record audio to the MicroSD card, so there is a microphone in the Air Unit. The Goggles have a headphone jack. Can DJI make them work together to transmit audio along with video?

It's very important when flying freestyle far away when you either can't hear your quad at all or the sound is delayed by a second. Another situation it benefits me is when there are multiple quads flying, such as in a race situation. To be able to hear JUST my quad is very important in that situation since hearing other quads all buzzing around can be disorienting. A third situation it's beneficial is if you crash and damage/bend a prop. If you're able to take off again, the bent prop could be slicing through your ESC, XT60 connector, VTX antenna, etc. and you couldn't hear it happening until the quad flies closer to you. Having audio from a an earbud would allow you to hear it immediately and disarm.

Thanks for the consideration!
2019-12-3
Use props
Kevin_B
lvl.1

Canada

This update is a big step to what I was waiting for in BF OSD support.   Great job!    There were a few items I didn't expect to get this first release of the OSD support, like Average cell voltage and Power.
I'd really still like to see the following items added .... Direction & distance to home, altitude, and speed are very important to have.  Heading would be nice also.    I was surprised to see that vertical speed was added, but ground speed or altitude was not?   
At first I was concerned that the BF OSD info was not recorded on the goggle DVR.   I'd still like it to be, however, the fact that the last values seem to stay on the screen, I guess you could copy down the last gps coords if you needed to find your craft after a crash?
Last, I'll throw in a vote for iNav support as well.  I've got a couple of fixed wing I'd like to put air units in to.

Thanks for the great work so far.   It's wonderful to see that DJI is listening to the FPV pilots and implementing new features so quickly.

KevinB
2019-12-3
Use props
IA-Flyer
lvl.3
United States

fans0f65086d Posted at 12-3 13:16
Can we also have support for Eagle Tree Vector Flight Controller?

Yes please
2019-12-3
Use props
fans3876ff24
New

United States

Waiting patiently for inav support. Would love to get this in my fixed wings.
2019-12-4
Use props
Bruxx3d
lvl.3
Canada

Freelax Posted at 12-2 12:10
OSD in Betaflight needs to be enabled even though your FC does not have a OSD chip.

To configure the OSD you need to move the infos in the OSD example window, as you have preveusly have done in Betaflight.

SAT doesnt work for me, it always show 14.
im dissappoint that Return to home arrow isnt support yet too... maybe in the next patch
2019-12-4
Use props
fans2590d8d0

South Korea

Please tell me a list of what kind osd will show.
list for 24 OSD items. (main voltage, craft name...... etc)
---------osd에 어떤종류가 표시되는지 리스트를 알려주세요!
2019-12-4
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans2590d8d0 Posted at 12-4 09:49
Please tell me a list of what kind osd will show.
list for 24 OSD items. (main voltage, craft name...... etc)
---------osd에 어떤종류가 표시되는지 리스트를 알려주세요!

Joshua Bardwell just posed a video of all the OSD functions that will now show on his YouTube Channel.  But yes, would be nice if there was an actual 'List' of them posted somewhere as well.  
2019-12-4
Use props
Snyder7

Brazil

Anyone figure out how to get RSSI data from DJI TX at new firmware?
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_6fZeahjPliQV
lvl.1

Poland

Unfortunately, I updated and hack naco doesn't work .... I had everything unlocked and now I only have 3 channels and 25mW. How to undo it?
2019-12-5
Use props
djiuser_6fZeahjPliQV
lvl.1

Poland

Managed to! It turned out that on the sd card I had to overwrite the new txt files again ....
2019-12-5
Use props
Kevin_B
lvl.1

Canada

Snyder7, one of the available OSD elements is RSSI.   It's showing in my goggles.  I think the bars it shows by default is the Video link RSSI/quality.  The RSSI OSD element would be the Control link quality?   Someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

One other item I missed in my original post was the "Warnings" element.  That's an important one to add!    If adding too many has some effect on latency, they could leave out the PID settings.   You don't need that on the screen all the time.  You'll see them once you land and go into the menu to make the tuning changes anyway.   Also Main Voltage could be dropped from the 24 since that is already displayed in the lower right as a default item you can't change.
Thanks again for listening DJI!    Happy Holidays everyone!

KevinB
2019-12-5
Use props
danarrib
lvl.1

Brazil

Please, add support for INAV too. I fly both Wings and Drones using INAV.
2019-12-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules