How to decline repair with DJI?
1440 3 2019-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansef143cd9
lvl.1

United States

So my Inspire 2 had a "main controller data error" and I sent it to DJI. They sent me a quote for $2350 to repair and claimed it had water damage. No idea why it would have water damage unless flying in high humidity environments or wet fog caused it.

Anyway, I told them on the phone I declined the repair. They said they would send a bill for shipping and send it back. A week went by and I didn't hear anything. I called back, explained everything all over, and declined the repair again. Once again, promised a bill for shipping. Been another week and never received the bill or the drone.

How do I decline this repair and get my drone back?

2019-12-2
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

The people on the phone are really only puppets, they cannot take action to help you solve your problem, only talk.

I suggest you call them back and ask to speak to a manager who can resolve your issue immediately. E-mailing them is also an option, but that would take 24-48hrs
2019-12-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to read and knew about the troubles you've had with your case. We'll forward and seek the attention of the designated team for further assistance. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2019-12-2
Use props
Mheuser
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi Fanse,

Sorry to heard about your experience, did you see any proof of this water damage? Usually you can this if you check for your rma status. There should be pictures of the assessed damage and its should show either corrosion or a indication sticker which most board have. If this has turned red then the electrnic board has come in contact with moist or water. Maybe you could ask if they could discount the repair a little as the price is fairly high, otherwise you still have the right to refuse the repair. Then your RMA will go through Refuse to Pay procedure put back together and send back. So its still your decision and no one elses.
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules