1010 2 2019-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quick story of my first flyaway. I chanced a windy day, here in Georgia. Thought I would fly low, sheltered by a building and trees. Got careless and gained altitude, wind warnings ignored and off she went. Tried to control it, RTH and she turned briefly, but wind carried her off, with intermitent connections, I watched her path in camera. I thought all was lost
She remained connected up until, low battery. forced to land. I activated the "locate my drone" feature and high tailed it to the location, 3.1km away. Airdata mapped with last altitude of 177ft. GPS placed her in a private gated school, closed on Sunday. I google mapped it with last known GPS, placing it on roof of the school, near HVAC. Was not too hopeful of survival, but recovery was important for report, piece of mind and DJI refresh.
Stopped by the office this morning. Staff was interested, curious and very helpful. Security and I checked last known location and...WE FOUND it on the ground, about 50 feet from GPS location. NO visible damage, and time to share the marvels of the MM and DJI with Security. Got it home; gimbal test, test flight, connections, battery to one light (charging now). All OK. Lesson learned, careful in the (high) wind. BTW: I found out later that gusts were up to 26mph.

2019-12-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day djicheaha. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Your experience will be a very big help to all of us DJI pilots in flying and operating our DJI Mavic Mini. Please stay safe always and keep on flying. Thank you.
2019-12-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Congrats on retrieving  your drone.
2019-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now