Landing leg replacement?
954 11 2019-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
svyeti
lvl.1

United States

Hi all,

Just picked up my first drone, a used Mavic air (gasp!) I know I should've gone new, but the deal was too good to pass up and the drone seems to be in decent condition, though it has obviously had a crash or two. The back landing leg is missing and I can't find anywhere to buy the part to replace it. Anyone know where I can get this part? Thanks for your help!
20191201_235706.jpg
20191201_235714.jpg
2019-12-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day svyeti. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to know that you are having issues with one of the landing leg of your DJI Mavic Air. Upon seeing the photos you have posted. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We have the professional team who would do their best to check the entire drone and a corresponding resolution would be provided for any issue found. In addition DJI do not recommnend doing DIY on the said drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Thank for your support.
2019-12-2
Use props
svyeti
lvl.1

United States

Right, so I won't be sending it in because the damage (as far as I can see) is cosmetic and the cost for dji to repair... Well, I might as well have bought it new or refurbished. Thanks though!

If anyone else knows of a place to get spare parts I would appreciate some direction! Thanks.
2019-12-2
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

svyeti Posted at 12-2 15:08
Right, so I won't be sending it in because the damage (as far as I can see) is cosmetic and the cost for dji to repair... Well, I might as well have bought it new or refurbished. Thanks though!

If anyone else knows of a place to get spare parts I would appreciate some direction! Thanks.

@12Usd/FullArmCompleteMotored
You'reGonnaIntrudeFuselageToSolderHighAmpereMotorConductorsToPoweringLands.
BoyScoutsSolder
MaybeYouCant?
AmpleInstructsExistAlready
ButSupposedlyHobbiestsAreSlowlyBecomingExtinctDinasaurs
2019-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

svyeti Posted at 12-2 15:08

I think you might have to buy the entire arm and then just remove the leg from it,  plenty of them on eBay usually.  

Alternatively you need a friend with a 3d printer, that wouldn't take much to recreate.
2019-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 12-2 15:39
@12Usd/FullArmCompleteMotored
You'reGonnaIntrudeFuselageToSolderHighAmpereMotorConductorsToPoweringLands.
BoyScoutsSolder

Absolutely no idea what you just said?
2019-12-3
Use props
Drone*Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-3 00:25
Absolutely no idea what you just said?

I've come to think that "cutis" is some sort of 'intelligent' bot that that is trolling this forum and doesn't know where the "space" bar is?
2019-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone*Mike Posted at 12-3 05:51
I've come to think that "cutis" is some sort of 'intelligent' bot that that is trolling this forum and doesn't know where the "space" bar is?

I agree,  perhaps we all need to press the report button his posts.
2019-12-3
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Drone*Mike Posted at 12-3 05:51

StopIt
It'sLegit
TheDisabilityFirmwareKoreaEngineeringPieInterfacialHardwareDifficultiesGettingItStraightElseHarangingMeWithBs
2019-12-5
Use props
PappyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 343816 ft
United States

I lost one of the rear legs also. I ordered one from a 3D printer site that didn't fit. I have mounted Firehouse strobes to the top and bottom of my MA and when the Quad is on the ground it rests on the strobe and the front legs. the rear legs don't touch. I haven't had any issues flying without that missing leg.

2019-12-6
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
Germany

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-D ... 670ac8e8e2ef7fa991f
you might be able to just pop off the landing leg bit without the full replacement of the arm.
2019-12-8
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
Germany

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-D ... 670ac8e8e2ef7fa991f
2019-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules