DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic. Why VisionStarter2.exe is a "virus"?
3302 6 2019-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear Forum,

Yesterday I was using the new DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and my antivirus detected a file as virus.

Below is the full report.

Please advise,

VIDJCB

Filename: VisionStarter2.exe
Threat name: Heur.AdvML.CFull Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic\DJIEngine\VisionStarter2.exe

On computers as of
12/1/2019 at 2:30:50 PM

Last Used
12/1/2019 at 2:32:51 PM

Startup Item
No

Launched
No

Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.

VisionStarter2.exe Threat name: Heur.AdvML.C
Locate

Few Users
Hundreds of users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Mature
This file was released 2 months ago.

High
This file risk is high.

Source: External Media

Source File:
VisionStarter2.exe

File Actions

Infected file: C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic\DJIEngine\ VisionStarter2.exe Removed

File Thumbprint - SHA:
d63edc4c45a1d7b37bf257bf98f2c717a85e9b71f988aab8a00fe77bb7789d1f
File Thumbprint - MD5:
ecb07ad92c27bc97a624b768772bac1e

2019-12-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for us to check this information you have provided and for us to give out a proper resolution. Thank you for your support.
2019-12-2
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-2 13:51
Hi. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for us to check this information you have provided and for us to give out a proper resolution. Thank you for your support.

Hi,
Thanks for replying.

Do you have any news?

Regards,

VIDJCB
2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Vidjcb Posted at 12-5 01:25
Hi,
Thanks for replying.

Hi. Thank you for the follow up question. After forwarding this concern to our designated DJI support team. If the installation file was downloaded from the official website or obtained through regular channels, you can temporarily disable the anti virus to install the DJI Assistant 2 with peace of mind and enable the anti virus again after installation is complete. I would recommend please download the installer from our official website ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic ). Thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-6
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-6 08:32
Hi. Thank you for the follow up question. After forwarding this concern to our designated DJI support team. If the installation file was downloaded from the official website or obtained through regular channels, you can temporarily disable the anti virus to install the DJI Assistant 2 with peace of mind and enable the anti virus again after installation is complete. I would recommend please download the installer from our official website ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic ). Thank you for your valued support.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did install it from DJI official page
Yes, I had to "disable" the scan detection in order to use the app and calibrate the vision sensors

After that, I decided to uninstall the assistant because of this issue.

Final note:

There are several threads with this issue, the fact of the matter is that, in about a year the file remains the same and no updates / fixes have been issued by DJI

Thanks anyway, I know you guys not let us alone with our questions.

Best,

VIDJCB
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Vidjcb Posted at 12-7 07:52
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Thank you for the given information. I am glad to know that you are able to download the said firmware and for sharing your insight with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are working towards better and user friendly firmware compatibility in the future. Again, thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-9
Use props
Noonsy
New
Flight distance : 4970 ft
United Kingdom

Hi having the exactly the same problem. What steps have DJI taken to whitelist this file? it looks like multiple virus scanners pick this up, and BitDefender is highly recommended. What does VisionStarter do? and do I need it when using the assistant?

Thank you in advance
2019-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules