So I can't get this VLOG setting for now. TOO BAD !!
568 6 2019-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GD NOOBS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

"Putting OP on extension rod, using external mic, and monitoring with phone."
If I put OP on extenstion rod, there's no way to connect phone without wireless module.
However when with wireless module, I can't use external mic even if I have the original DJI mic adapter.

I have to choose whether not to monitor the view through phone or not to use external mic.
That's so bad.
(Sorry for poor drawing.)

For both external mic and monitoring, I have to give up all function of DJI extension rod.

a. OP adapter for GoPro accessories
b. Selfie stick for GoPro
c. Selfie stick phone mount (Some sellers sell all together, b & c.)
d. OP phone adapter
e. Extension cable
f. DJI 3.5mm Mic adapter (Must be original from DJI)
g. External Mic

I can control gimbal with phone via Mimo app., but can't turn it on/off OP unless I shorten the stick and reach to OP directly.

If I use DJI extension rod,
I have to give up monitoring via phone or extension mic (or much better sound quality...)

SAD..
2019-12-2
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

There is a monitor on the pocket itself. It's what I use most of the time.
2019-12-2
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 12-2 17:18
There is a monitor on the pocket itself. It's what I use most of the time.

Yes but in case I expanded fully high up the OP...
I'm thinking about put the mic on the phone and turn on voice recorder at the same time...
It needs more work but I can do both.
2019-12-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'd suggest that using the audio adapter isn't the way to get the best sound quality anyway - certainly when last I heard it was still giving not that great results.  Better quality is obtained by using a separate audio system (and that applies with almost any video device on the market).  Personally I use a Zoom F1 clipped to my belt, or to the extension rod, with Roland in-ear mics, if I want to get serious with the sound.

Interestingly, when I first sent my son a youtube video I'd put up showing me wandering around in the local woods, his first comment was, "I'm amazed at how good the sound is".  Apart from it being mono, and susceptible to wind noise, I consider it not that bad really.
2019-12-2
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-2 18:52
I'd suggest that using the audio adapter isn't the way to get the best sound quality anyway - certainly when last I heard it was still giving not that great results.  Better quality is obtained by using a separate audio system (and that applies with almost any video device on the market).  Personally I use a Zoom F1 clipped to my belt, or to the extension rod, with Roland in-ear mics, if I want to get serious with the sound.

Interestingly, when I first sent my son a youtube video I'd put up showing me wandering around in the local woods, his first comment was, "I'm amazed at how good the sound is".  Apart from it being mono, and susceptible to wind noise, I consider it not that bad really.

I would consider that Zoom F1... But it seems way much useful to use Rode Wireless GO
2019-12-2
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

GD NOOBS Posted at 12-2 17:34
Yes but in case I expanded fully high up the OP...
I'm thinking about put the mic on the phone and turn on voice recorder at the same time...
It needs more work but I can do both.

I'm what many would consider an old fart. I still can compose the shot with the rod extended, even with my aged eyesight.

"Vlogging" typically involves a narrator talking into the camera. With face tracking, the pocket will frme the narrator.
2019-12-3
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 12-3 00:02
I'm what many would consider an old fart. I still can compose the shot with the rod extended, even with my aged eyesight.

"Vlogging" typically involves a narrator talking into the camera. With face tracking, the pocket will frme the narrator.

Yes you're right.
I've found one video on Youtube that one Japanese just modified inline of wireless module and then he can connect mic adapter through the wireless module to OP.
That's so awesome, but it does require a high skill of soldering...
He never makes it again or sell it LOL, so many people asked him to do so but he won't.
2019-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules