Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller won't connect to phone or tablet
1076 2 2019-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rickthephotog
lvl.1
United States

I have a Sumsung tablet that works with my Phantom 4. I have two Samsung phones that work with my Phantom 4. These devices are on the list of compatible devices.

The Fly software won't install on any on the phones. It did install on the tablet. It worked one time. Now the tablet keeps switching between "slow charge" and MTP modes. I'll see a message about running "fly" as the default app when the remote connects - but the message goes away. then flashes again, Goes away. Repeat over and over. The charging indicator flashes on and off, matching when the prompt appears and closes.

I can't get the remote to connect to the device again. Have tried literally 100 times. Tried so much I have run down the battery in the remote and drone twice. Still no luck. Any suggestions?  Watching the status, I can see it switching between MTP and charge. If I manually select RNDIS the app launches, but the thing immediately switches back to "charge" mode then MTP. Then chatge. Then MTP.

So close to returning it.
2019-12-2
Use props
rickthephotog
lvl.1
United States

Found the problem. The remote is missing a chip or some code to prevent it. If your android device has less than a 100% charge, the remote acts as a charger. There's no way around it. This does NOT happen with the Mavic remote or the Phantom remote - so it looks like this stripped down version of the Mavic remote is missing either the chip or software that prevents this form occurring! So if you're experiencing the device charging instead of connecting, fully charge the device (phone or tablet.) But be aware - the second you disconnect the remote it will switch back to charging!
2019-12-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I am happy to know that you are able to  install the DJI Fly application. If you have any other concern and inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules