Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly Phone Compatibility?
187 7 12-2 19:12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyFIy
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone. I'm looking into the DJI Mavic Mini as my first drone. It seems like a really good starter considering its size, weight, and the various features it carries. I am however concerned with the state of the DJI Fly App. From both the forums and online reviews, many people have complained that their phone is not compatible with the app. Currently, the consensus is that you need a 64bit phone for it to work. I have a Moto Z Force, which I confirm does run on 64bit and is at Android 8.0.0. I was also able to download the DJI Fly app. Is there still a chance that my phone will work? The issue is that I've looked up a compatibility list and there are NO Motorola devices that are confirmed to function with the app (in fact, they don't seem to be confirmed for DJI GO either). I'm really not sure about getting the drone because of this. I'm willing to buy the drone, but I'm not willing to buy a new phone along with it.

Also here's the compatibility list I was referring to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go-updated-daily.18
Phone specs: https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_z_force-8093.php

Do you guys think the DJI Fly App will be updated to fix the issues with all these phones? I do hope so. I want this for Christmas.
12-2 19:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for choosing DJI. As of the moment, the Moto Z Force is not yet tested to work properly with the DJI Mavic Mini and DJI Fly application. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini in the near future. In addition, I will be posting an image for the DJI official compatible mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your support and understanding.

12-3 08:44
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36962 ft
United States

You will not be able to use it with any Android phone as DJI remote battery gets drained extremely fast when you connect any android device to it.  Get any iphone or an ipad mini if you want to be able to use a fully charged remote with more than 1 drone battery at a time - with an android device remote drains completely in 35-45 min.
12-3 08:58
Use props
SkyFIy
lvl.1

United States

Paul Atkin Posted at 12-3 08:58
You will not be able to use it with any Android phone as DJI remote battery gets drained extremely fast when you connect any android device to it.  Get any iphone or an ipad mini if you want to be able to use a fully charged remote with more than 1 drone battery at a time - with an android device remote drains completely in 35-45 min.

Noted. I guess I might have to look into Apple devices then. Hope that someone in my family has a spare apple phone they can lend.
12-3 10:05
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36962 ft
United States

SkyFIy Posted at 12-3 10:05
Noted. I guess I might have to look into Apple devices then. Hope that someone in my family has a spare apple phone they can lend.

you can get a used iphone se for $50-$60 from ebay, shipped. it will do.
i use it now with my pixel 2 - and so far i could not resolve remote`s battery drain issue. phone is from work, so i cannot root it. but i do not think root would fix it, as code from remote sends some unidentified code every time it connects, so it switches usb mode into a default mode that does force charging turned on.
12-3 10:11
Use props
djiuser_8xy9lbfaN3yE
New

United States

Just bought last night my 1st drone...mavic mini. So excited to fly it... but my phone LG Stylo 4 can't download the needed apps! Help please. Aside buying a new phone, what other option I have?
12-3 11:12
Use props
SkyFIy
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_8xy9lbfaN3yE Posted at 12-3 11:12
Just bought last night my 1st drone...mavic mini. So excited to fly it... but my phone LG Stylo 4 can't download the needed apps! Help please. Aside buying a new phone, what other option I have?

From what I see you could maybe wait it out? DJI Fly is a rather new app so it's still being fixed up by the developers. Perhaps in the future your phone will be compatible. Other than that I don't really know much that can be done other than getting a new phone.
12-3 13:30
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

I will be returning my Mavic Mini based on this compatibility fiasco.  I would not recommend it until DJI comes up with some kind of plan to start making rational marketing decisions.
4 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules