10415 45 2019-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
George GR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

Hello,
a while ago i flew the mavic mini night flight when i raised it to 6 meters then lost control and the mavic mini was flying alone
immediately pressed the rth and not heard the command

after the change in sport alone without choosing me sport

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RJZWOC7IMUTMN1R88RG0/

Flight Mode: Tripod what is?

2019-12-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day George GR. I am sorry to know what happened to the previous flight you had on your DJI Mavic Mini. May I know more on what happened to the said drone? Where you able to recover the said drone and did the drone crashed and incurred any damage? Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2019-12-3
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-3 13:33
Hello and good day George GR. I am sorry to know what happened to the previous flight you had on your DJI Mavic Mini. May I know more on what happened to the said drone? Where you able to recover the said drone and did the drone crashed and incurred any damage? Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

yes it came back but it fell
2019-12-3
Use props
MegaTesla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1224 ft
South Africa

What happened to you looks similar to what happened to me last week. The heading / compass stays locked and the mavic mini flies away in a curve. Mine flew very far and was lost. I have opened a case with DJI and they are investigating it. I have discussed it with some people and we are sure there is a bug in the mavic mini firmware where the compass works fine on one flight, and the next flight the compass/heading is incorrect.  The Mavic mini stops responding to controller input, and even with perfect altitude and IMU and GPS it flies away.
2019-12-3
Use props
MegaTesla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1224 ft
South Africa

I now see your mavic mini malfunctioned at night. My fly away with the incorrect heading/compass also happened at night, immediately after take off.
2019-12-3
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

I sent email support@dji.com
2019-12-3
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

https://app.airdata.com/share/CFcVRq/GENERALOverview
2019-12-3
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

39.71 mph! these Mini's can flat out go lol
ya flying at night isn't really a good idea. Probably need to tape up the bottom sensor?

2019-12-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

George GR Posted at 12-3 13:37
yes it came back but it fell

Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since the drone fell, there is a possibility that the internal components might have been damaged. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ) for further diagnosis, analysis and repair. We have the professional team who would do their best to assists you with regards to this matter. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for a swift resolution. Thank you.
2019-12-3
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36962 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-3 15:04
Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since the drone fell, there is a possibility that the internal components might have been damaged. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ) for further diagnosis, analysis and repair. We have the professional team who would do their best to assists you with regards to this matter. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for a swift resolution. Thank you.

it was discussed before and even if still ignored by DJI - it just makes sense either to add an ability to do an emergency switch to ATTI mode from the app, upon activation of some switch, or at least allow firmware to perform switch into ATTI when it gets into a brain dead locked mode and flies either into a wall or elsewhere due to autopilot error.

as long as platform is still able to stabilize the flight and gyros/accelerometer works - it is a very lame excuse to block user input controls and allow the robot make decisions instead of the operator. the very first failsafe action of the autopilot should be to disable all autopilot functions and return full control to the pilot.
almost all DJI models suffer from this - it is like they all were build by designers who never had anything to do with advanced robotics. it is just odd.
2019-12-3
Use props
savalli1.hotmail
lvl.2
Italy

Salve,qualche giorno fa riscontrato stesso problema nel mavic mini nel notturno,il problema sta nei sensori che al buio non rileva il suolo..tale cosa crea ke il drone diventa in modalità attimodscoa (uso per piloti esperti)ho puntato una luce prima del decolo al drone risolvendo il problema..tranne qualche volta che i sensori nn rilevano + il suolo,ecco ke rispunta il difeto..il problema solo quel tipo di sensori ad'infrasorri e nn ad ultrasuoni che al buoio funzionano lo stesso..
2019-12-3
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

Tripod is Mode C AFAIK.
2019-12-3
Use props
Tervist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

I took a look at your flight log and noticed that the Home Point had not been set prior to your flight. You also had a "Downlink Restored" message at 3 minutes and 23 seconds. When that message happens it's an indication that there was some sort of interruption in the wifi signal between your drone and the controller. Home wifi signals and other electronic types of signals usually are the cause of that. So, it looks like you had some sort of signal interference just prior to the initiating the RTH function. But I think your main problem was the because your home point had not been set, your drone took off to where it was last set.
2019-12-3
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

Tervist Posted at 12-3 19:04
I took a look at your flight log and noticed that the Home Point had not been set prior to your flight. You also had a "Downlink Restored" message at 3 minutes and 23 seconds. When that message happens it's an indication that there was some sort of interruption in the wifi signal between your drone and the controller. Home wifi signals and other electronic types of signals usually are the cause of that. So, it looks like you had some sort of signal interference just prior to the initiating the RTH function. But I think your main problem was the because your home point had not been set, your drone took off to where it was last set.

Good morning,
at the point where I threw it was well lit, so I first graded the compass and then raised it to 6 meters high then it just went higher and threw left
when the mavic mini got into "auto pilot" i tried to download it but didn't hear the command
2019-12-3
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 12-3 18:27
Tripod is Mode C AFAIK.

can you explain in detail what it is?
2019-12-3
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-3 15:04

the mavic mini fell beside me but it didn't break
2019-12-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya George,

Had a look at your flight, seen this behaviour few times now in mini logs.

Drone heading value suddenly change but not the actual heading of the craft.
Effect is that steering input by sofware (to keep craft in postion) is not correct, as it thinks it heads different than the acual heading!

See my charts. Blue line polar chart is flown without RC input (just few short aft input some moment) , imo typical for position error due to wrong data into IMU or miscalculated in IMU.

Start a case with DJI,this is a serious error in your craft!

BTW you started this flight in OPTI mode, no GPS reception. After 6 seonds HP was set as reception from 0 to 4.This has IMO nothing to do with the above error.
At 3m19 a 24 seconds connection loss, craft went into RTH by itself.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2019-12-3
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

Hello JJB*
Thanks for the analysis but I don't understand
what i know is that the drone was flying out of control
I was scared at the speed it ran
fortunately no man was hit!
I think this mistake is very serious
2019-12-4
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

You took off with 7 gps sat. your home point has been set 11.5 sec after the take off. Taking off with that low number of GPS sat is not a good practuce.
I am trying to figure out what is the main cause to all this "fly away" , I can see most of them related to a small number of GPS sat when taking off.
The route of the "fly away" is very intresting though ..
2019-12-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

George GR Posted at 12-4 00:05
Hello JJB*
Thanks for the analysis but I don't understand
what i know is that the drone was flying out of control

1. Imagine your craft in hover flying, no wind at all. Craft facing North.
2. Wind blowing starts, to the nose of the craft
3. Craft moves backwards
4. Action to keep craft in stabilized hover ; pitch down to fly forward into old position
5. Craft in position and stabilized again.

But what if software thinks that craft is facing East (but actually is facing N)
Action is to steer Right, to get back into old position.
But actual the craft moves right from the position, not closer but further away!
More steering input to the craft but craft will not come back in start position

This happend to your craft. Indeed serious so start a case with DJI.

cheers
JJB

2019-12-4
Use props
angedepo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2927 ft
Italy

I got a similar issue yesterday. Conditions: night, taking off within houses (weak GPS?), close to cellular antenna (interference?).
2019-12-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

the1shark Posted at 12-4 00:26
You took off with 7 gps sat. your home point has been set 11.5 sec after the take off. Taking off with that low number of GPS sat is not a good practuce.
I am trying to figure out what is the main cause to all this "fly away" , I can see most of them related to a small number of GPS sat when taking off.
The route of the "fly away" is very intresting though ..

Hi,

There are many reasons for fly aways.

Start a flight with low satellites and/or bad reception is indeed not a good thing to do.
If you loose one or more satellites/reception during flight and the GPS position cannot be calculated drone will go into ATTI mode, as a stabilized GPS mode is not possible anymore.
So more satellites is better ; receiving 16 and loosing 3 is no problem, receiving 9 and loosing 3, mayby into troubles.

This flight was started with few satellites, but after 5.9 seconds HomePoint was set. (9 satellites and 4 bar for reception)
During this flight all the time GPS signals were received in good order, so no ATTI and not the cause of this 'fly away'.
Definition of a FlyAway is for all different. When drone goes into ATTI and becomes uncontrollable for the 'pilot' ; its a fly away in the eyes of the pilot but depending the cause of going in ATTI not always a real FlyAway. Well  just my opinion.

cheers
JJB
2019-12-4
Use props
Tervist
lvl.4
United States

George GR Posted at 12-3 21:24
can you explain in detail what it is?

There are 3 modes at which the Mavic Mini can fly: S, P, and C
  • S-Mode (Sport) – Sport mode lets you fly the Mavic Mini can fly at its maximum speed.
  • P-Mode (Positioning) – This is the default setting for flying the Mavic Mini and works best when the GPS signal is strong. It utilizes both the GPS and vision systems to locate itself, stabilize and navigate very precisely.
  • C-Mode (Cinesmooth) – This mode lets you fly slowly and very smoothly. The sticks on the controller are not as responsive, so your video will not show sudden movement. It's great to use for giving your videos a cinematic look. In the flight log C-Mode shows up as "Tripod". DJI needs to update some parameters to reflect the correct term in their logs.

https://www.dronezon.com/drone-reviews/dji-mavic-mini-review-of-features-specs-and-faqs/
2019-12-4
Use props
Tervist
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-3 23:53
Hiya George,

Had a look at your flight, seen this behaviour few times now in mini logs.

I was hoping you would chime in on this post because I enjoy studying  your detailed analyses.

Where are you seeing the home point being updated? I can't find that info anywhere on the logs from Phantom Help or from Airdata. Is there some known issue with the way these logs are reported? Or, do I just need to clean my glasses?
2019-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tervist Posted at 12-4 06:17
There are 3 modes at which the Mavic Mini can fly: S, P, and C
  • S-Mode (Sport) – Sport mode lets you fly the Mavic Mini can fly at its maximum speed.

• You also have Atti mode and opti mode (optical)
    2019-12-4
    Use props
    rcretella
    New
    Flight distance : 12894 ft
    Italy

I got similar accident (i tested 3 times) and it seems that is due to compass calibration (i was coming back from a fly in another country) and also because there wasn't too much light indoor in my room.
    I made a compass calibration and imu calibration and it seems to work properly.
    At DJI support they was so kind and open immediatly a replacement service. Even everythings now work fine (i flight more that 3 times without issue) is better to send back the drone?
    2019-12-4
    Use props
    JJB*
    Core User of DJI
    • >>>
    Netherlands

Tervist Posted at 12-4 06:23
    I was hoping you would chime in on this post because I enjoy studying  your detailed analyses.

Where are you seeing the home point being updated? I can't find that info anywhere on the logs from Phantom Help or from Airdata. Is there some known issue with the way these logs are reported? Or, do I just need to clean my glasses?

Thanks for your first sentence.

If you open the csv file a data field "HOME.isHomeRecord" can be found, False or True.
    In the fields "HOME.latitude" and "HOME.longitude" you will find the HP values.

So no glasses but just to know where to look, or use FRAP. ;-)
    Tripod for mini in FRAP is now changed now into CineSmooth and mode-C.

cheersJJB

analysis1.png
    2019-12-4
    Use props
    Tervist
    lvl.4
    United States

JJB* Posted at 12-4 07:35
    Thanks for your first sentence.

If you open the csv file a data field "HOME.isHomeRecord" can be found, False or True.

Thank you! I found those fields. But what bothers me is now is why that information did not display in the viewer for George's flight. Most of the time I've been able to see in the viewer where a Home Point had been updated but in this case, it didn't show up there for some reason.  

What is FRAP?
    2019-12-4
    Use props
    JJB*
    Core User of DJI
    • >>>
    Netherlands

Tervist Posted at 12-4 08:41
    Thank you! I found those fields. But what bothers me is now is why that information did not display in the viewer for George's flight. Most of the time I've been able to see in the viewer where a Home Point had been updated but in this case, it didn't show up there for some reason.  

What is FRAP?

Not always is in text written that a homepoint is recorded, don`t know why.
    FRAP is my own analysis program, charts ect in this thread are from FRAP.

My next update will be soon on here; its a Windows program not for Mac.

cheers
    JJB
    2019-12-4
    Use props
    AntDX316
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 3394731 ft
    • >>>
    United States

Paul Atkin Posted at 12-3 15:19
    it was discussed before and even if still ignored by DJI - it just makes sense either to add an ability to do an emergency switch to ATTI mode from the app, upon activation of some switch, or at least allow firmware to perform switch into ATTI when it gets into a brain dead locked mode and flies either into a wall or elsewhere due to autopilot error.

as long as platform is still able to stabilize the flight and gyros/accelerometer works - it is a very lame excuse to block user input controls and allow the robot make decisions instead of the operator. the very first failsafe action of the autopilot should be to disable all autopilot functions and return full control to the pilot.

I think they have implemented a new safety feature that they are going to add on the 2020 ADS-B model like how Boeing did with their MCAS system.  I wouldn't trust the newer DJI drones until a few months go by w/o any issues.  This is exactly what happens when people design under regulation and budget.  It's the same as what happened with the New Orleans Hard Rock hotel by rushing things and not letting the concrete cure.

I've never had any out of control issues w/ my drones.  If the feed is gone it just sits and comes back or the feed is gone and I still have control.

Some people are trying to call pilot error but a lot of the Minis are having the same problem. If there is a hardware/software problem you have zero control.  Some people have their steering wheels lock while driving due to a faulty lock system in which people crashed.  It took some time to prove it was the steering lock mechanism so the very first people probably got nothing if the recall wasn't known to them.
    2019-12-4
    Use props
    InspektorGadjet
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 439915 ft
    Spain

JJB* Posted at 12-4 12:27
    Not always is in text written that a homepoint is recorded, don`t know why.
    FRAP is my own analysis program, charts ect in this thread are from FRAP.

Oh wow I'm looking forward for that, I also love learning from you super detailed explanations.
    Thanks for the help!
    2019-12-4
    Use props
    AntDX316
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 3394731 ft
    • >>>
    United States

If they've changed the way the new GPS systems work.. it would be bad for the newer drones that come out.   Flight reliability is of utmost importance, everyone else is secondary.
    2019-12-4
    Use props
    DJI Paladin
    Administrator
    Flight distance : 318 ft

George GR Posted at 12-3 21:28
    the mavic mini fell beside me but it didn't break

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. Rest assured that our designated DJI support team. Will do their best to assists you with regards to this matter. Thank you for your understanding.
    2019-12-5
    Use props
    djiuser_Hb7sNWAuciiL
    New

Malaysia

Hi, i bought my mavic mini today and fly it for the first time this afternoon and it was all fine.

Just now when I fly it again nearly give me heart attack! Out of sudden its lost control! My drone fell and hit the pole! Lucky me no significant damaged to the drone.

The gps signal was okay, no windy. Where could be the problem and hope to hear from experience dji pilot here.
    2019-12-29
    Use props
    djiuser_9ViFtTMull0s
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 40925 ft
    South Africa

MegaTesla Posted at 2019-12-3 13:52
    I now see your mavic mini malfunctioned at night. My fly away with the incorrect heading/compass also happened at night, immediately after take off.

Hi guys, the same thing happend to me on 30 December. I'm in Durban, South Africa, It was approximately 23:30, and the home point was locked on, it allowed me to take off and then it lost control and flew violently into the trees, it did not stop when I let go of controls, or when I tried to pull the right stick back. Upon retrieval, it was in bad shape. I wanted to view the travel log, but curiously only this particularly flight is not allowing me access to it. I have returned it to the store I purchased it from, and awaiting news on it.
    2020-1-18
    Use props
    InspektorGadjet
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 439915 ft
    Spain

djiuser_9ViFtTMull0s Posted at 1-18 02:10
    Hi guys, the same thing happend to me on 30 December. I'm in Durban, South Africa, It was approximately 23:30, and the home point was locked on, it allowed me to take off and then it lost control and flew violently into the trees, it did not stop when I let go of controls, or when I tried to pull the right stick back. Upon retrieval, it was in bad shape. I wanted to view the travel log, but curiously only this particularly flight is not allowing me access to it. I have returned it to the store I purchased it from, and awaiting news on it.

Without the flight logs it is impossible to determine what happened.
    You can try downloading the flight logs stored in the phone using itunes if you are in iOS.
    Alternative use airdata.com, using your DJI Account login details it will retrieve all your logs.
    2020-1-18
    Use props
    djiuser_goXaSpxWcWQM
    lvl.1
    Philippines

Hi guys, i just want to ask if RC signal lost issue (50m) altitude is normal? My mini was a CE model (asia) i am frustrated with mavic mini in first flight, i did the calibrations all and all with safe take off as well. But RC signal lost occurs. How would these issue fix? Hope you would answer my concern, DJI support team. Thank you
    2020-1-25
    Use props
    hallmark007
    Captain
    • >>>
    Ireland

djiuser_goXaSpxWcWQM Posted at 1-25 16:29
    Hi guys, i just want to ask if RC signal lost issue (50m) altitude is normal? My mini was a CE model (asia) i am frustrated with mavic mini in first flight, i did the calibrations all and all with safe take off as well. But RC signal lost occurs. How would these issue fix? Hope you would answer my concern, DJI support team. Thank you

Was it transmission or Radio signal you lost ?
    2020-1-25
    Use props
    djiuser_goXaSpxWcWQM
    lvl.1
    Philippines

hallmark007 Posted at 1-25 16:33
    Was it transmission or Radio signal you lost ?

I don’t know, but gps icon in the app seems to be okay. The wifi icon was 3 bars down slow to 1 bar until its gone. Then it says “RC SIGNAL LOST”. What do you think this might happening? I know you guys are experiencing this kind of issues in mavic mini. Thank you in advance
    2020-1-25
    Use props
    hallmark007
    Captain
    • >>>
    Ireland

djiuser_goXaSpxWcWQM Posted at 1-25 19:46
    I don’t know, but gps icon in the app seems to be okay. The wifi icon was 3 bars down slow to 1 bar until its gone. Then it says “RC SIGNAL LOST”. What do you think this might happening? I know you guys are experiencing this kind of issues in mavic mini. Thank you in advance

I’m trying to figure out is it a problem with your mobile device .
    2020-1-26
    Use props
    12Next >
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules