12Next >
4921 40 2019-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mudassar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76391 ft
China

I am thinking of buying mavic mini, but i read on many places that there is some problems on the first batch of mavic mini. i suppose i device have some problems in the first batch which got impoved after feedbacks from peoples...  So i decided to wait for the second batch to arrive after pre-order and -re-sale, so that they can fix some of the reported bugs in software and hardware. Now the pre-orders has been deliver and bugs has been reported , i was wondering when can be the second batch?

2019-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't think DJI make this information available, however some of the issues should be addressed by the new firmware that's come out, so wait and see what the feedback is like after people have some experience with it.
2019-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum and thank you for your insights. With regards to the DJI Mavic Mini. Our DJI R&D team will continuously send updates to improve the user experience for the DJI Mavic Mini and the DJI Fly application. For more information with about the DJI Mavic Mini and DJI. Please visit our official DJI website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2019-12-4
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 12-4 00:44
I don't think DJI make this information available, however some of the issues should be addressed by the new firmware that's come out, so wait and see what the feedback is like after people have some experience with it.
I have known DJI for some years now, I have thrown the Phantom 2, I have the Phamtom 3 and now the Mini. I am and will continue to be VERY CRITICAL with DJI when things don't do well, and I applaud  your products for quality and customer service, sipre everything WHEN PROCEEDS. Having said the above, I doubt very much and I do not believe that a company of this magnitude plays with its customers by launching some good and other bad lots. Another very different thing is that they have just launched a product, which, is not sufficiently polished, but beware, NOT BAD BUILT, it is a technological marvel. But they still have to be VERY HARD in creation the Software and Firmware, which is where ALL THE PROBLEMS LIVE TODAY. From experience, I can say that surely DJI is working on fixing all these problems, but it is not something that can be done in just a week or two. It is true, that perhaps they should have launched the product a little later, with a little more maturation.
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JM.REYES Posted at 12-4 09:08
I have known DJI for some years now, I have thrown the Phantom 2, I have the Phamtom 3 and now the Mini. I am and will continue to be VERY CRITICAL with DJI when things don't do well, and I applaud  your products for quality and customer service, sipre everything WHEN PROCEEDS. Having said the above, I doubt very much and I do not believe that a company of this magnitude plays with its customers by launching some good and other bad lots. Another very different thing is that they have just launched a product, which, is not sufficiently polished, but beware, NOT BAD BUILT, it is a technological marvel. But they still have to be VERY HARD in creation the Software and Firmware, which is where ALL THE PROBLEMS LIVE TODAY. From experience, I can say that surely DJI is working on fixing all these problems, but it is not something that can be done in just a week or two. It is true, that perhaps they should have launched the product a little later, with a little more maturation.

100% agree here.
I never had experience with DJI Support before, and communication hasn't been smooth but after experiencing myself having an issue, and within days a FM update has fixed it, gives me hope that the team behind the company are incredible talented people who stand by their reputation.

The latest FW seems to fix, Jello, shaky footage, stucked gimbals and noise errors with the gimbal too... Those were the main issues people were having apart from a handful of fly aways (most due to pilot errors).

I dont think they would/could de two batches that would be horrendous, and from now onwards I think 99% of Mavic Mini users are going to be really happy.
2019-12-4
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

So far no issues with mine.  I don't think DJI has a bad batch and in some cases it's pilot error.  Sure some people had their Mini fly away, but this also a possibility with any other drones out there.  There are many variables that come in place such as not locking enough satellites, flying on extreme windy conditions, interference, and not necessarily means that all drones are faulty.  Don't miss out.  It's a great little drone.   
2019-12-4
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know from first hand about the issues that have been reported with the "first batch". I haven't experience any of them as of yet. But that could be that I believe mine to be of the "second batch".  I have had very good experiences with my mavic mini and I've had several flights.

I agree with both InspektorGadjet and Joemar7 with what they've said about the subject. I think you'd be happy with the Mavic Mini, depending on what you are expecting from it of course.
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

JodyB Posted at 12-4 11:49
I don't know from first hand about the issues that have been reported with the "first batch". I haven't experience any of them as of yet. But that could be that I believe mine to be of the "second batch".  I have had very good experiences with my mavic mini and I've had several flights.

I agree with both InspektorGadjet and Joemar7 with what they've said about the subject. I think you'd be happy with the Mavic Mini, depending on what you are expecting from it of course.

Hey Jody one question, what version was the FW of your device?
I think that some of the people who got them a bit after first release, may be recieving their machines already updated.

So for the OP, if you take precautions, read the manual a few times, pretty much spend two weeks here reading and watching YouTube videos, you will love it!

BUT make sure you understand the importance of VLOS, GPS Lock, Downward vision system, Interferences and shadows, wind guts (UAV Forecast APP) Battery levels and RTH, before you even attempt to fly.
2019-12-4
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The firmware that came loaded on mine is v01.00.0300 and that could be why I'm not seeing any issues out of mine.
2019-12-4
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

I've had had my Mini since Nov, 13th and haven't had a single issue with it. I've had 32 flights so far without a single problem. This was my first drone and I'm still learning a lot, but my experience has been great so far.
2019-12-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm scared for the Skydio 2 as I am first batch..
2019-12-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

that_HMMWV_guy Posted at 12-4 12:57
I've had had my Mini since Nov, 13th and haven't had a single issue with it. I've had 32 flights so far without a single problem. This was my first drone and I'm still learning a lot, but my experience has been great so far.

I got the iPhone 4 the very first day in the mail.  People were having antenna issues but I didn't.
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

JodyB Posted at 12-4 12:41
The firmware that came loaded on mine is v01.00.0300 and that could be why I'm not seeing any issues out of mine.

I knew it!
And it makes sense, somebody mention it the other day in the forum and got me thinking.
Thanks for clarifying.
2019-12-4
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

The thing I’ve learnt with tech is that waiting doesn’t really get you far. You skip the initial launch for fear of issues, you wait, then you think “well a newer model will arrive soon so I’ll wait”, then that arrives and the cycle repeats. Whereas you could buy the thing you want, most likely it’ll be fine and if it isn’t, you’ve got a years warranty to make sure it ends up working fine.   From one worrier to another, just treat yourself
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_rETl795S5e4B
New

United States

I placed an order for a Mavic mini flymore PKG on Nov 27th. About when can I expect DJI to ship. What has the average wait time ordered thru the app in the US?
2019-12-4
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 12-4 13:01
I'm scared for the Skydio 2 as I am first batch..

I’m in batch 3. I’ll let you beta test it for me.
2019-12-4
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
United States

I got the iPhone 4 the very first day in the mail.  People were having antenna issues but I didn't.

Oh, I know too well how it is to get a faulty product. I got a PS4 accidentally the day before they released and it was bricked right out of the box.
2019-12-4
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an early (combo) model and am happy with performance. I also have the DJI refresh as a back up. I had experience with DJI customer service in replacing my Mavic Air following a, umm pilot error, incident. They provided timely communication, helpful follow-up and quick replacement. Based on my experience with this company, I am confident, as others have stated, that they are working to make the MM a worthwhile product for their customers. Looking forward to the FW updates.
2019-12-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

that_HMMWV_guy Posted at 12-4 14:59
Oh, I know too well how it is to get a faulty product. I got a PS4 accidentally the day before they released and it was bricked right out of the box.

Same with the RROD of the 360s when those first came out.
2019-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You were holding it "right". lol.  I didn't have an issue either but I could simulate the issue by holding it wrongly.
2019-12-5
Use props
Mudassar
lvl.3
Hong Kong

djicheaha Posted at 12-4 16:55
I have an early (combo) model and am happy with performance. I also have the DJI refresh as a back up. I had experience with DJI customer service in replacing my Mavic Air following a, umm pilot error, incident. They provided timely communication, helpful follow-up and quick replacement. Based on my experience with this company, I am confident, as others have stated, that they are working to make the MM a worthwhile product for their customers. Looking forward to the FW updates.

finally ordered fly more combo.... fingers crossed .. hope to get a good unit ...
2019-12-5
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-5 01:50
You were holding it "right". lol.  I didn't have an issue either but I could simulate the issue by holding it wrongly.

I was trying hard to simulate it wrong but the signal was always there.  I had AT&T.  Back then you couldn't use the internet, send text, or anything data sending/downloading related while on a phone call unless you had AT&T.  I stayed w/ them ever since but if I had the choice now I would go Verizon.  I got a massive discount though and benefits for being loyal but there was a time where their servers were bad and got hacked, someone in another state ordered a phone but it was never sent as they had a lot of those issues.  The cross-talking they have is bad as some of the reps still have to verify if the fraud was real before I got a refund.
2019-12-5
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mudassar Posted at 12-5 02:06
finally ordered fly more combo.... fingers crossed .. hope to get a good unit ...

Pulling for you. Odds are good
2019-12-5
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
China

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-4 10:52
100% agree here.
I never had experience with DJI Support before, and communication hasn't been smooth but after experiencing myself having an issue, and within days a FM update has fixed it, gives me hope that the team behind the company are incredible talented people who stand by their reputation.

I am using the Dec 4 fw and I saw 3 jello occurrences during a 9min flight...
2019-12-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Guorium Posted at 12-7 11:09
I am using the Dec 4 fw and I saw 3 jello occurrences during a 9min flight...

Good to know, I guess there is still a lot of room for improvement.
2019-12-7
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
China

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-7 11:31
Good to know, I guess there is still a lot of room for improvement.

I just wanna know why mini makes jello now. Shutter speed? Prop wash? Something haha
2019-12-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Guorium Posted at 12-7 15:00
I just wanna know why mini makes jello now. Shutter speed? Prop wash? Something haha

The prop wards add a lot of resistance to wind so my guess is that it will struggle more in general.
2019-12-8
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
China

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-8 02:12
The prop wards add a lot of resistance to wind so my guess is that it will struggle more in general.

The cage? I don’t fly with it
2019-12-8
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi,

I have had DoA with first batch of cause...like I had also with my first air and my first mavic 2 pro.....
First MM was from 11/2019   and now I got an exchange from 10/2019 !!! an older one
whith same and many more problems....this is not the way of good support you whish......
and it seems to be a repaired one, because there are scratches and fingerprints deep inside
battery housing whre nobody can touch from outside.....
2019-12-8
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Heavenone Posted at 12-8 05:51
Hi,

I have had DoA with first batch of cause...like I had also with my first air and my first mavic 2 pro.....

That is definitely not cool.
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_HlJ5gfCCRiqq
New
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Greece

Unable to take off(300064)
What is that?
2020-1-2
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_HlJ5gfCCRiqq Posted at 1-2 08:15
Unable to take off(300064)
What is that?

I replied to you in your other post with some suggestions.
2020-1-2
Use props
cosmotrkr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396430 ft
United States

Happy New Year!!  Received my mini mid December.  Thing is rock solid, absolutely no issues.  Running latest firmware.  Over 75 flights.  Lost connection once(flew behind tall building) it initiated RTH, once RC re-connected, I had control again.  This is my first drone and so far so good, loving it.
2020-1-2
Use props
Mudassar
lvl.3
China

djiuser_rETl795S5e4B Posted at 2019-12-4 14:44
I placed an order for a Mavic mini flymore PKG on Nov 27th. About when can I expect DJI to ship. What has the average wait time ordered thru the app in the US?

check the days they have given you ... for my case it was 12 to 15 working days and i got it no 12th  working day ...
2020-1-2
Use props
Mudassar
lvl.3
China

cosmotrkr Posted at 1-2 09:55
Happy New Year!!  Received my mini mid December.  Thing is rock solid, absolutely no issues.  Running latest firmware.  Over 75 flights.  Lost connection once(flew behind tall building) it initiated RTH, once RC re-connected, I had control again.  This is my first drone and so far so good, loving it.

thank you for the input . i had also ordered it on 5th December . so far only had 6 flights ... due to weather  ... there is always rain on weekends .. however those 6 flights was great ...
2020-1-2
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

People who say that in MM there are no problems come from the fact that they personally have a drone did not fall and did not fly away!
Personally, I see it as at least one iron problem, this is a very low sensitivity of the GPS receiver signals, I compared with several smartphones and tablets, WHICH catches at least 2 times less satellites than phones or tablets are nearby.
However, I have not visited phones on the MediaTek processor, which have always had a terrible GPS reception.
2020-1-2
Use props
Dzulkernian747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95436 ft
Brunei

In any case where the drone lost a signal in mid air flight the safe guarding programs should kicks in - auto RTH. In the event the drone flies away when lost of signal that should be a faulty on the unit itself (not returning to the set home point) right ?
2020-1-5
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

Alevpi Posted at 1-2 21:42
People who say that in MM there are no problems come from the fact that they personally have a drone did not fall and did not fly away!
Personally, I see it as at least one iron problem, this is a very low sensitivity of the GPS receiver signals, I compared with several smartphones and tablets, WHICH catches at least 2 times less satellites than phones or tablets are nearby.
However, I have not visited phones on the MediaTek processor, which have always had a terrible GPS reception.

It doesn't look like GPS is the biggest problem in MM. Most common are strong wind (pilot's error, don't fly), loss of connection, and flyaways caused by these two and other reasons.
2020-1-5
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Gray Volk Posted at 1-5 21:46
It doesn't look like GPS is the biggest problem in MM. Most common are strong wind (pilot's error, don't fly), loss of connection, and flyaways caused by these two and other reasons.

Do you think it is strange that the products of a Chinese manufacturer do not support the Běidǒu system, and American manufacturers have been supporting it for several years?

GPS is the third problem, the first and biggest problem is DJI Fly, but it will be corrected to an acceptable level, sooner or later.
Then the main problem, from an engineering point of view, is still the propellers and their mounting system, if they were quickly removable it would not be so bad as it is now in the form that the screws are actually disposable, so the only way out is carbon propellers.
You see there are solutions, but there is no solution in the low sensitivity of the GPS receiver and it can not be corrected programmatically!

PS By the way, you do not know that there are as many as 5 GPS systems - the United States, Russia, China, the European Union and Japan... And for example the same Chinese HUAWEI supports all 5 systems!

2020-1-5
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

Alevpi Posted at 1-5 22:39
Do you think it is strange that the products of a Chinese manufacturer do not support the Běidǒu system, and American manufacturers have been supporting it for several years?

GPS is the third problem, the first and biggest problem is DJI Fly, but it will be corrected to an acceptable level, sooner or later.

Just to be correct, from MM specs: GPS+GLONASS. The last one is Russian system, not sure if it's functional, but it's there.

As for propellers you are probably the first to complain. Sure if used as grass cutter then they don't last long. I thought about carbon fiber, the problem is they most likely will push the weight above 250g. Which it turn may cause problems.  Besides, their quality is questionable and balancing is almost impossible. The result likely to be nice wobbling in video and crazy behavior from flight controller.
2020-1-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules