Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini not going home
1960 11 2019-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mFlKnbqPWr1m
Flight distance : 46207 ft
Australia

Hi,
I am having issues telling my mavic mini to go back to home. I am in a Authorization zone so maby that could be the problem? When I tell the mavic mini to go home it will just land in the location of where the mini is at the time. No where near the take off point. please see pictures below

Thank you

2019-12-4
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's kind of what it looks like since the last screenshot says unable to set Home point in restricted zone.
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

No Home point means AC doesn´t know where Home is.
It really looks like NFZ is causing that.
2019-12-4
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the world of NFZ.
2019-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that your DJI Mavic Mini had experienced due to the " No Fly Zone " restriction. For the said issue. I would recommend please visit our DJI Flysafe Geo Map website ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) to check if the area is within the restricted zone. In case the area is within the " No Fly Zone " please visit our DJI Flysafe Custom Unlock website
( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock ) so that our DJI Flysafe department can assists you better regarding the said issue. In addition. We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly application in late December to add support for the unlocking function. If you have further concern or inquiry please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum for further assistance. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-4
Use props
BobB
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

ya what AntDX316 said, "Welcome to the world of NFZ".
2019-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

How far away from the HP is it just landing, if it’s within 60ft and it lands when you hit Rth that’s normal .
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_mFlKnbqPWr1m
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 13:25
How far away from the HP is it just landing, if it’s within 60ft and it lands when you hit Rth that’s normal .

Hi, Its about 200 meters away from the home point location. Thanks
2019-12-9
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I don't have a clue about the area that you fly in, but if you could try it in an area that isn't locked and see if it works. That would tell you for sure if it's an issue with NFZ and not being about to set a home point. I also don't know if you had GPS lock when you took off, but from the pics, I can see in one it was locked on 13 sats and in the other 11 so unless you took off before gaining sat lock, GPS shouldn't have been an issue.
2019-12-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_mFlKnbqPWr1m Posted at 12-9 12:49
Hi, Its about 200 meters away from the home point location. Thanks

Might be better to post the flight log .
2019-12-9
Use props
djiuser_mFlKnbqPWr1m
Australia

JodyB Posted at 12-9 13:02
I don't have a clue about the area that you fly in, but if you could try it in an area that isn't locked and see if it works. That would tell you for sure if it's an issue with NFZ and not being about to set a home point. I also don't know if you had GPS lock when you took off, but from the pics, I can see in one it was locked on 13 sats and in the other 11 so unless you took off before gaining sat lock, GPS shouldn't have been an issue.

Alright mate. I will try another site not in the authorization zone and let everyone know. Thanks for your help
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_mFlKnbqPWr1m Posted at 12-10 12:48
Alright mate. I will try another site not in the authorization zone and let everyone know. Thanks for your help

Keep us updated on your findings for sure. There's a lot I don't know about these things in the nature of them, but I figure we can try and learn together and at least help each other out when possible. Best of luck to you!!
2019-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules