Spherical 360 photo using Mavic mini?
9442 9 2019-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kathirsa
New
Flight distance : 158642 ft
India

Is it possible to shoot spherical 360 photo using mavic mini?

2019-12-4
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably not full 360 but you would be able to add the sky in later. It would also be a manual process as there is no automation to do 360 currently.
2019-12-4
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10681565 ft
Germany

I shooted 28 pictures and merged them together with PTGui. The result is a stunning 360/180° pano, except the upper sky (due to gimbal limitation). Can watch it on my GearVR, pretty cool! Unfortunately no sample pic here, I'm at work right now
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

This is something some of us are awaiting for in either a future upgrade or either by third party apps such as drone deploy or litchi. Is relatively easy to program a 360 turn base in lense focal lenght with certain degrees of rotation betwen shots, even if stiching has to be done in a separate program (prefered).
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

MikeCH Posted at 12-4 08:34
I shooted 28 pictures and merged them together with PTGui. The result is a stunning 360/180° pano, except the upper sky (due to gimbal limitation). Can watch it on my GearVR, pretty cool! Unfortunately no sample pic here, I'm at work right now

Cool!
Please show it to use once you have a chance!
2019-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum with this inquiry. I am sorry to say, as of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini does not support the Panorama feature. If you have other concerns or query. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-12-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

MikeCH Posted at 12-4 08:34
I shooted 28 pictures and merged them together with PTGui. The result is a stunning 360/180° pano, except the upper sky (due to gimbal limitation). Can watch it on my GearVR, pretty cool! Unfortunately no sample pic here, I'm at work right now

There is a setting that will let the camera tilt more up than normal, but it won't go full up though, but it does get a good portion of the sky. You may already have it turned on, but the feature is located under settings > Control > Gimbal (Advanced) > Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation.
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Just did a quick calculation and like some mention the sky would need another shot upwards or retouching.
The gimbal allows +35 degrees and -110 but restricted to -90 to +20.
Mini specs for the links below: https://www.dji.com/es/mavic-mini/specs
Anyway I already use some of this websites with other cameras but my research made me find some interesting pages maybe useful for some of you too.

Pano Planner, allows you to calculate a 360 or partial panoramic shot using the values of your camera: https://panocatcher.com/panoplanner/

Here an interesting article about sensor sizes but with a very informative chart of sensor sizes, to insert in the Pano Planner link above: http://photoseek.com/2013/compar ... thirds-1-inch-type/

2019-12-4
Use props
FrostyCan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 727841 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hopefully the pano function gets added to the Mavic Mini's feature set.  That would be handy.
2020-2-15
Use props
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

I have done many sphericals with the P4P using DJIGO and Litchi. It works quite ok but in less favourable conditions or low altitude there are rather often parallax errors giving stitching problems. The positioning of the drone to obtain the individual shots take time and is critical.
I do now often sphericals with the mini. This is done by doing a movie where the camera is set to the first shooting angle (I enable the extended upwards angle). One full 360 degree turn - then lower the shooting angle by 30 degrees and do the next full turn. Lower again by 30 degrees - next full turn and so on until the whole pano is captured. The rotation should be all clockwise or counterclockwise not mixed. Doing more than 360 degrees per turn does not matter and 30 degree steps are not critical either.
Microsoft ICE can stitch this into a spherical with quite good results.
AE should be locked to avoid stitching errors. Use a photo editor to correct the image ratio by adding upper canvas pixels.
2020-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules