DJI P4RTK RC firmware 02.02.0307 failed verification now stalled
5347 6 2019-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maxx4wd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63655 ft
United States

Ok I was updating my P4RTK from version 02.02.0014 to the latest firmware 0.02.0307 (dated 12-02-19)

update for the aircraft went smoothly, but when I was doing the RC not only was no update available through DJI assistant for phantom (ver. 2.08) but when downloading from within the app on the controller from a WiFi source it stalled at 83.3% and just says that the file verification failed and does nothing (no matter how long I've left it)

I've tried restarting the controller - I can't seem to find the download files on the RC or I'd just delete it and let it re-download

I'm hoping maybe someone could just point me to the firmware file so I can put it on a SD card and hopefully update from that (not sure if that's even possible or not).

Anyhow, like every damn update DJI rolls out there is always issues - now my RC is stuck on ver. 02.02.0014 and my craft is the latest rendering the combination completely useless...I don't have a job until next week so I do have a little time to get this resolved but this is just beyond frustrating...maybe I'll just downgrade the craft and screw all future updates at this point.  

2019-12-4
Use props
maxx4wd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63655 ft
United States

Ok I was able to remove the failed download by swiping to the left on the firmware update.  

Then I found the bin file for the RC  on the following page:   https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-rtk/info#downloads
(download and copy to an micro SD card - install in the RC and then start her up...you should see a system update pop up automatically and ask to install...click install and it will do the firmware update from the SD card - remove SD card and restart the RC - once verified that the update took be sure to delete the bin file from your SD card)

for the aircraft I just used the PC link with DJI assist (v2.08) and it worked first time no issues.  I am using a Propeller PPK solution so no RTK base station upgrade suggestions, but I do have a close friend that told me to reset the controller via the internal settings within the android settings pages
2019-12-5
Use props
Schalll
lvl.1

Hungary

Hello!

I'm fighting this problem in the past few days.. Today I tried this solution, and saw that you wrote the exact same. Sadly, my update process quits at 4% with error code 810.

I use an empty SD card, and clicked all remove options on the firmware page. Though, I didn't get any message back, that they are successfully deleted. Only clicking on delete, then nothing happens. Should it write something? I presume some files are stucked in, which cause this error.

Can you suggest, which files should I delete from the RC, connecting via USB storage? I didn't find anything else other than the DJI->Firm folder..

Any help would be appreciated!
2019-12-6
Use props
Schalll
lvl.1

Hungary

Schalll Posted at 12-6 00:45
Hello!

I'm fighting this problem in the past few days.. Today I tried this solution, and saw that you wrote the exact same. Sadly, my update process quits at 4% with error code 810.

solved with factory reset from the android settings. all apps remains installed after that, but it cleans out the unnecessarry program files
2019-12-9
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

Added an option to control the Terrain Rendering Map Display in the app. When planning a Terrain Awareness operation, users can enable or disable the display in General Settings. This is what the update for RTK Phantom 4 is about. Can anyone tell me where I find the toggle to switch the DEM on or off.
2020-2-19
Use props
ARMeyer
lvl.2
United States

Schalll Posted at 2019-12-9 06:30
solved with factory reset from the android settings. all apps remains installed after that, but it cleans out the unnecessarry program files

I did not mean to downvote the answer, but clicked it to see if there was a reason people downvoted it.  I'm having a similar problem with reinstalling the current version as well as downgrading to a previous version.  I will need to resort to a factory reboot as well, just wanted to make sure it didn't remove the app.  Thanks for the answer.
2020-6-11
Use props
ARMeyer
lvl.2
United States

Schalll Posted at 2019-12-9 06:30

I have an update and factory resetting worked perfectly for me!  I am now all reconnected.
2020-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules