Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warning icon identification
11009 15 2019-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Don W Price
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4015738 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is this symbol on the bottom center of DJI Fly app? It looks like a red tablet/phone with a red line through it. Manual does not have it.

Mavic Mini error

Mavic Mini error
2019-12-4
Use props
raymacke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1481995 ft
United States

It believe it means you RC does not have a workable GPS signal. This signal is supplied by your display device (phone/tablet).  I was messing today flying in my front yard while standing at my the garage door and had 12 satellites in the Mini . I got that display showing zip on the RC.  I moved about 10 ft' outside and all was well.
2019-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Don, this icon means the GPS signal of your mobile phone is not strong enough, the relative position between the mobile device and the aircraft cannot be calculated.
The Navigator will not display the GPS condition of the aircraft, please check the GPS signal on the upper of the APP.
2019-12-5
Use props
fans94c41f00
New

United States

Shouldn't this be in the manual for the app?  I have seen multiple symbols that I can't find what they mean.  Is there a resource somewhere that gives what all of the symbols mean?  
2020-5-19
Use props
Traxx119
Second Officer
Canada

fans94c41f00 Posted at 5-19 13:57
Shouldn't this be in the manual for the app?  I have seen multiple symbols that I can't find what they mean.  Is there a resource somewhere that gives what all of the symbols mean?

You could look at pages 32 and 33 of the Mavic Mini User Manual.
2020-5-19
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Traxx119 Posted at 5-19 15:40

Those pages do NOT show the error indications nor does the manual even mention them. I am disappointed in the manuals
2020-5-19
Use props
deathsquad
First Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Device compass error. Try turning your device in airplane mode while flying. There are some other fixes for it also but they are device specific. What device are you using to fly?
2020-5-19
Use props
fans94c41f00
New

United States

Traxx119 Posted at 5-19 15:40

I just looked and this symbol is not on those pages.  
2020-5-20
Use props
Traxx119
Second Officer
Canada

fans94c41f00 Posted at 5-20 04:27
I just looked and this symbol is not on those pages.

This is the Fly App Complete User Guide: https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-fly-app-complete-user-guide/   You could try describing or posting a screenshot of the symbol, someone may be familiar with it. Also here is a thread about Mavic Mini Error Codes: https://forum.dji.com/thread-212206-1-1.html
2020-5-20
Use props
afbrat63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1051831 ft
United States

Traxx119 Posted at 5-20 15:20
This is the Fly App Complete User Guide: https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-fly-app-complete-user-guide/   You could try describing or posting a screenshot of the symbol, someone may be familiar with it. Also here is a thread about Mavic Mini Error Codes: https://forum.dji.com/thread-212206-1-1.html

The OP did provide a screenshot of the icon in question.  I am here because I received this same icon twice today while flying my MA2 and was wondering what the heck it meant.
2020-5-23
Use props
crash1sttime
First Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Raymacke is spot on, Ive had the same issue, I find that restarting the app fixes it, well until you restart the app again, just shows how bad the app actually is.

Its nothing to do with your phone as Mindy says (this icon means the GPS signal of your mobile phone is not strong enough), otherwise it wouldnt start working straight away when you restart the app.
2020-5-23
Use props
Traxx119
Second Officer
Canada

afbrat63 Posted at 5-23 11:52
The OP did provide a screenshot of the icon in question.  I am here because I received this same icon twice today while flying my MA2 and was wondering what the heck it meant.

Yes, i did see it. I was thinking fans94c41f00 could post a screenshot or describe the multiple symbols he mentioned in post #4, the ones he couldn't find what they mean.
2020-5-23
Use props
3Recon
First Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Has anyone mentioned turning on your location on device. I see strength being mentioned. I believe the first time I saw the home point was in red and was flashing similar maybe with the last two firmware changes maybe it uses a tablet icon or a fat cell phone. Please share when you get it resolved.
2020-5-23
Use props
3Recon
First Officer
United States

Has the OP DW Price ID icon / symbol ? and it meaning
2020-5-24
Use props
3Recon
First Officer
United States

Got it's the icon is when device and control are not connected
2020-5-27
Use props
deathsquad
First Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's a warning saying there is a fault with your device compass. Opening the compass app on an Apple device calibrates it. You also need to allow location permissions on the compass. Airplane mode while flying seems to help reduce any interference with the compass while flying.
2020-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules