Losing Connection
3109 10 2019-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andycr15
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all,  I've only had my mini a few days, but have experienced a couple of issues, one is a message on my phone that the 'remote has lost connection', or something along those lines.  I think it's happened the two times I've tried to gain altitude.  I get to about 60m and I get the message, which is a little unnerving, so I come right back down again.  I'm sure at one point I saw a message about WiFi, but didn't read it fully.  What would this have been about?  Surely WiFi isn't used?
2019-12-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If your hardware (mobile device) can handle it use a screen recorder when flying. ( i use for Android DU recorder).
When playing back your flight you will see all messages again, not all messages are seen as most of the time your eyes watching the drone and not the screen.

WIFI message possible; something about WIFI interference around where you are flying.

cheers
JJB
2019-12-4
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

Remember the radio signals project horizontally from the antennas from both the controller and the drone. When the drone is right above you, you must rotate the controller's  antennas "flat" so a strong signal can communicate with the drone.  There are youtube videos of this exact thing happening ... pilots needs to be mindful of antenna orientation at all times.
2019-12-5
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

The remote communicates with the drone via wifi
2019-12-5
Use props
ItsJustMarky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808724 ft
United Kingdom

I have had the exact same issue. 65M High and less than 10M away and the RC Signal is lost, 100% to 0% in a matter of seconds for around 15 seconds, auto landing is triggered immediately which is rather worrying! I have never experienced this issue on my Mavic Pro so it's clearly some sort of interference issue with the WiFi connection... - Andy, what sort of area are you flying in, just out of interest. Thanks! :-)

2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to fly in a different location to see if the problem persists? Also, I will highly recommend you to fly in an open space away from any possible interference since the location that you are flying might have WiFi interference. Strong magnetic interference might cause some disconnection issues. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-12-5
Use props
samjonas
lvl.1

India

Thanks all for your responses!! Hope so that this will reslove the issue.
2019-12-6
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Like some mention, how did you had your antennas orientated?
Flying upwards is the worst for RC and AC connectivity, if you want height move the AC in front of you rather than just above.
2019-12-6
Use props
Eugene Khoo
New

Malaysia

Hi I am having lost connection issue and also lost my RC control connection..

While my mini fly over 100m away it started to lost signal Several of times and I can’t even control my drone flying..

May I know what is the troubleshooting? Please advise thanks
2020-2-18
Use props
JabinJ
New

Hong Kong

Hi All, I just got a mini and am frustrated with it. I bought it at a duty free shop in Singapore. The original packaging was missing on the drone, controller and cables and there were fingerprints on it.  I can't fly it because the gimbal keeps getting  stuck. I've tried everything to get the gimbal working including calibrating. Additonally the camera does not move smoothly or gets stuck when I move the pitch on the controller. The transmission also get cuts off.   
2020-2-18
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JabinJ Posted at 2-18 17:41
Hi All, I just got a mini and am frustrated with it. I bought it at a duty free shop in Singapore. The original packaging was missing on the drone, controller and cables and there were fingerprints on it.  I can't fly it because the gimbal keeps getting  stuck. I've tried everything to get the gimbal working including calibrating. Additonally the camera does not move smoothly or gets stuck when I move the pitch on the controller. The transmission also get cuts off.

Obviously not new, send it back for a refund
2020-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules