5725 17 2019-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just saw this on youtube,  some interesting speculation from someone whos been under a DJI NDA.

2019-12-5
Use props
Copterfan
lvl.2

Germany

funny discussion and speculations probably too early

Obvouisly the size of a Mavic 3 is not really a topic.
8K is from my point of view no topic on the wishlist.
Size (much more smaller and lighter) and something of the features of a Skydio 2.0 would be the case.

2019-12-5
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The best way would be to have a modular architecture on a Phantom 5 at the price of $900 for the craft setup.  Have 4x optical, zoom, 1", 4/3", FLIR, multispectral, capabilities this way it can appeal to multiple people according to their needs.

At least, we can only hope they won't compromise flight reliability for mobility and budget.

2019-12-5
Use props
Copterfan
lvl.2

Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 12-5 03:59
The best way would be to have a modular architecture on a Phantom 5 at the price of $900 for the craft setup.  Have 4x optical, zoom, 1", 4/3", FLIR, multispectral, capabilities this way it can appeal to multiple people according to their needs.

At least, we can only hope they won't compromise flight reliability for mobility and budget.

Budget doesn't really matter for me.
But, you right, flight reliability should be at least the same as today.
Mobility of a Pro is for me important. I don't see reasons, why a today drone must have such big size.
2019-12-5
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

I have the Mavic Pro 2 drone and I absolutely love it. However, the things I don't like is the Geo Fence piece. That is not the drone's fault but, was added by DJI. I live in the USA. So freedom is huge here. I don't like being controlled by DJI. I am a mature adult male and do not need to be felt like I am a little boy and I need someone to hold my hand. So I am interested to see what the "actual" specs are but, I will be leaning this year to the Autel Evo 2. We know the specs since they been released. I love the fact that there are no geo fence for that drone. It is a huge selling point to me. The other interesting piece is the operating distance of 16 miles and interested in the Infra red camera.

There has been so many times the geo fence has stopped or interfere with my flying when actually, it should not be doing that. I know this is a huge issue for probably most of the USA drone pilots. I have other friends that actually sell their drones made by DJI because of the geo fence issue.

Now does this mean, I won't change my mind if the Mavic 3 Pro? I may change my mind, depending of the complete listing of specs of the Mavic 3 Pro are released.
2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for sharing this video with us. As of the moment, we don't have any information about the DJI's future products. Please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media platforms below. Thank you for your continued support!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI

Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations
2019-12-5
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9c544e01 Posted at 12-5 07:44
I have the Mavic Pro 2 drone and I absolutely love it. However, the things I don't like is the Geo Fence piece. That is not the drone's fault but, was added by DJI. I live in the USA. So freedom is huge here. I don't like being controlled by DJI. I am a mature adult male and do not need to be felt like I am a little boy and I need someone to hold my hand. So I am interested to see what the "actual" specs are but, I will be leaning this year to the Autel Evo 2. We know the specs since they been released. I love the fact that there are no geo fence for that drone. It is a huge selling point to me. The other interesting piece is the operating distance of 16 miles and interested in the Infra red camera.

There has been so many times the geo fence has stopped or interfere with my flying when actually, it should not be doing that. I know this is a huge issue for probably most of the USA drone pilots. I have other friends that actually sell their drones made by DJI because of the geo fence issue.

Better get use to the GEO fencing, sooner or later the FAA will mandate all the drones to have GEO fence if more incidents  like the guy who flew over the Las Vegas airport happened. Did it not occur to you why Autel is not selling their EVO in Europe?   
2019-12-5
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 12-5 11:26
Better get use to the GEO fencing, sooner or later the FAA will mandate all the drones to have GEO fence if more incidents  like the guy who flew over the Las Vegas airport happened. Did it not occur to you why Autel is not selling their EVO in Europe?

Yes, I do agree you that it most likely be like that. Another reason to get the Evo 2, because it may turn out to be a very rare bird! Hence, the value of this drone may increase as it will be rare it not having geo fence. See where I am going with this now?
2019-12-5
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9c544e01 Posted at 12-5 11:50
Yes, I do agree you that it most likely be like that. Another reason to get the Evo 2, because it may turn out to be a very rare bird! Hence, the value of this drone may increase as it will be rare it not having geo fence. See where I am going with this now?

As long you make damn sure you don't update your EVO 2 if that day comes.  
2019-12-5
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Copterfan Posted at 12-5 04:57
Mobility of a Pro is for me important. I don't see reasons, why a today drone must have such big size.

It's better so people can buy according to their needs rather than buy a new craft and just opt-out.  They would be like, we can add a camera an a 4/3" to our capabilities and some could get an XT for night ops.
2019-12-5
Use props
Copterfan
lvl.2

Germany

Indeed, I would have the choice to have something coming from size like a Mini in a cheaper version or a Mini in a Pro version (more expensive)
2019-12-5
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Copterfan Posted at 12-5 04:57
Flight stability in heavy winds, a more durable/robust build, more space for electronics to name three. - The MP2 is small enough for me when doing work. I'd rather have other features such as larger sensor (which requires a larger housing), extended flight times, interchangeable cameras etc.. If they can do that in a body the size of the M2P I'd be happy.

There are plenty of small drones around for the hobbyist such as the Mini.

My Skydio is on order but it would be good if DJI can implement a similar system in a M3P.
2019-12-6
Use props
Copterfan
lvl.2

Germany

Yes, smaller drones are already on the market, but mostly for consumers and not prosumers.
I have long time expierience with my Air. I didn't had any problems wiht flight stability even in very heavy winds so far.

Something from a Skydio 2.0 to have in a new M3P would be great!
2019-12-6
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Why can't the discussions here go as well here on the forums? Why are there always fights about this and that and not just civil discussions like these guys do? Is it the children here and/or adults acting childish? What are the differences?
2019-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BobB Posted at 12-6 03:03
Why can't the discussions here go as well here on the forums? Why are there always fights about this and that and not just civil discussions like these guys do? Is it the children here and/or adults acting childish? What are the differences?

Not sure but those guys hang out here too I believe.
2019-12-6
Use props
Part107
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-6 06:43
Not sure but those guys hang out here too I believe.

huh thanks for the info.

Come out come out wherever you are guys
2019-12-6
Use props
fansb5fe9b96
New
Flight distance : 618888 ft
Australia

Green circles are all 3’s
Red circles are all bits of information.
2020-4-25
Use props
fansb5fe9b96
New
Flight distance : 618888 ft
Australia

2020-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules