Quickshot question
5378 15 2019-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

Let's say you see a hot car in a parking lot and set up a CIRCLE quickshot with it as the target.  As the circle is launched, the car begins pulling away.
Is the center of the circle maintained at the initial point, but the drone yaws as needed to keep the car in the camera frame?
OR
Is the circle's route modified based on the movement of the target?

Also, if the drone can not maintain "camera lock" on the initial target, what route does it fly to complete the quickshot?

Thanks.

2019-12-5
Use props
CurryPuff
lvl.1
United Kingdom

No idea, but replace 'car' with 'hot girl'.
2019-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Try it and let us know, the drone will track you but it’s limited how far, the circle will go the way it was set to go but if car was to move out of the Centre then circle may be a bit skewed , my best guess .
2019-12-5
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

It works in part if the object does not move too fast or disappears from focus. In the video below at 4:03 you can see that it works, it is almost "Active Track light" , at 4:58 the movement is too fast and the drone loses focus. For me, this looks like it's just a stone's throw from the Active Track feature.

2019-12-5
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

There was a video of that actually some where on the forum and the circle appeared to move with the object suggesting the MM has active tracking of some sort.
Oops there it is above this post....
2019-12-5
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

@CurryPuff .... Post reply : Maybe this works ONLY with girls ... the guy from the video has only tried it with the quad
And : works only in circle, not in helix mode

2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for you inquiry. With regards to the Quickshot Circle. When the object moves during this said feature is active, as long as the object is still within the frame, the drone will try to adjust it's distance from the object while moving in circle. Once the object is outside of  the frame the drone will exit the Quickshot Circle mode and hover into place . If you have further inquiry and concern, feel free to post it at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2019-12-5
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

That video suggests the drone yaws to keep the subject in frame but the circle is flown as initially planned.  It may appear to be Active Track but Active Track actually changes the flight path.

I'd like to hear from DJI on this or someone who's flown it and then looked closely at the flight data to verify what path was flown.
2019-12-5
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-5 11:03
Hi. Thank you for you inquiry. With regards to the Quickshot Circle. When the object moves during this said feature is active, as long as the object is still within the frame, the drone will try to adjust it's distance from the object while moving in circle. Once the object is outside of  the frame the drone will exit the Quickshot Circle mode and hover into place . If you have further inquiry and concern, feel free to post it at DJI Forum. Thank you.

Check this out. ... it doesn't go into hover.  
2019-12-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Minnesota Posted at 12-5 11:21
Check this out. ... it doesn't go into hover.  https://youtu.be/llJie4_U6qM?t=16m00s

Good find.
But I lost 30 minutes of my life only to confirm what you said.
To save others: While in Quick shots if it looses sight of you or whatever was within the green box, for an object, you moving too fast or whatever, it does not hover, just goes free like a bird.
2019-12-5
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-5 13:56
Good find.
But I lost 30 minutes of my life only to confirm what you said.
To save others: While in Quick shots if it looses sight of you or whatever was within the green box, for an object, you moving too fast or whatever, it does not hover, just goes free like a bird.

Sorry ... the video I posted was suppose to start about where Marcus tested out the Helix Quickshot where it lost sight of him.  He has shown in other videos where it indeed flies off on its own rather than goes to Hover when target lock is lost.  He also has one that once "off on its own" it locks onto a car and heads over towards it!!

ATTN DJI !!!
2019-12-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Minnesota Posted at 12-5 14:32
Sorry ... the video I posted was suppose to start about where Marcus tested out the Helix Quickshot where it lost sight of him.  He has shown in other videos where it indeed flies off on its own rather than goes to Hover when target lock is lost.  He also has one that once "off on its own" it locks onto a car and heads over towards it!!

ATTN DJI !!!

DISCLAIMER! Stay away from Quick Shots!! lol
Just joking. The best thing is to perform the Quickshots where there are no obsatacles, otherwise the sky is the limit.
2019-12-5
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've done this with boats and the drone will move with the boat and continue to circle it. But half of the circle is slow because it's trying to move faster than the boat, and half of the circle is fast because the drone and boat are moving away from each other. PS, where in MN you located Minnesota?
2019-12-6
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

Bing Err Posted at 12-6 22:21
I've done this with boats and the drone will move with the boat and continue to circle it. But half of the circle is slow because it's trying to move faster than the boat, and half of the circle is fast because the drone and boat are moving away from each other. PS, where in MN you located Minnesota?

In a normal circle, the speed increases throughout, so it's not clear if, in your example, the speed is impacted by the moving boat.  That would take some analysis.

I'm south of the Twin Cities.
2019-12-7
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Minnesota Posted at 12-7 01:04
In a normal circle, the speed increases throughout, so it's not clear if, in your example, the speed is impacted by the moving boat.  That would take some analysis.

I'm south of the Twin Cities.

Just for clarification, I was referring to the Mavic Air, Spark, and MPP. I just received my Mini in the mail 2 days ago but haven't had time to use it yet.

I'm in Rochester.
I've got quite a few local drone vids on my channel. http://www.youtube.com/c/bingerr
Do you have a youtube channel? I'd love to check out more local stuff.
2019-12-7
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

Bing Err Posted at 12-7 16:46
Just for clarification, I was referring to the Mavic Air, Spark, and MPP. I just received my Mini in the mail 2 days ago but haven't had time to use it yet.

I'm in Rochester.

I just sub'ed.  I'm sure you can determine who is me.  My MM arrives this week but I'll likely not fly it outside until conditions are better.  Cheers ... Tommy
2019-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules