123Next >
84051 84 2019-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renato_Soriano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27740 ft
Mexico

Right after opening the new drone box and turning it on, the gimbal moves but then it gets stuck and a motor sound can be heard really loud. No flight or take off have ever been performed.   When trying to calibrate the gimbal it only shows a 10% progress and then fails. It always appears the error 40002.   If someone has been through this or knows how to solve please keep in touch. Should I send a online repair request so I can have a replacement? DJI please release a fix for this. I used the latest firmware v01.00.0300 on December 4th 2019.

Gimbal Error.PNG
2019-12-5
Use props
Renato_Soriano
lvl.1
Mexico

Mavic Mini GIMBAL STUCK

Right after opening the new drone box and turning it on, the gimbal moves but then it gets stuck and a motor sound can be heard really loud. No flight or take off have ever been performed.   When trying to calibrate the gimbal it only shows a 10% progress and then fails.
Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hUhZtneGI4
It always appears the error 40002.   If someone has been through this or knows h
ow to solve please keep in touch. Should I send a online repair request so I can have a replacement? DJI please release a fix for this. I used the latest firmware v01.00.0300 on December 4th 2019.

Gimbal Error.PNG
2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to this the error 40002 and the gimbal issue. I would recommend that the best thing we need to do for the said drone is to send it in for further diagnostic. For reference, I have posted a link ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ) where in you can find our online support service. Our professional support team will do their best to assists with the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for understanding.
2019-12-5
Use props
djiuser_eLMpkrywzRiQ
New

United States

Youre not alone, my gimbal is seemingly fine and mobile like it should be since its brand new. Starts up and does full rotation but does up and down a few more times then diagonal. After that it locks up and I get gimbal stuck error. Really getting discouraged with the drone. Seems refreshing firmware helps for one flight but after turning off and on I error again. Please fix this pretty sure its a firmware issue
2019-12-5
Use props
djiuser_yY0i2ogjY9wG
New

South Africa

I had the same issue and there are many others. There is another post on this forum but dji have not posted a solution.
2019-12-8
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

Hi there, I have the similar issue (AC already updated to firmware v1.0.3) last night when I wanted to update the firmware for battery

This happened right after finishing updated the first battery, when I restart the drone, the gimbal stuck error prompts and I tried to do calibration >10% then  failed, recenter > failed. How did I resolve this is that, I then turn it off, placed a old version battery back, turn it on, then the error is cleared. I immediately re-calibrated the IMU, compass, gimbal all together to make sure the drone itself is fine. After that I put the latest firmware battery back on and it was back to normal.

Not sure if the battery firmware matter or what, hope it helps, cheers
2019-12-8
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I've been having issues since day one, firmware 1.0.3 fixed it but i've been noticing some jumps, needs further testing.
2019-12-9
Use props
djiuser_fhgbbRtwKKGC
New

Indonesia

I too have been having this same issue. The worst part is that I intended on using this drone on a trip but it has been nothing but a complete waste. Not only does the gimbal get stuck, it also overloads quite frequently.

Dji please advise on a solution for this issue.
2019-12-9
Use props
Nkeating
New
Singapore

Just had this issue also post firmware update. Camera unit vibrating and now I have no image feed.  DJI service time is 6-8 week. Was intending to use this for a client video and then in NZ. Won’t issue a replacement unit so I am having to escalate. Drone is under two weeks old.
2019-12-10
Use props
elipskij
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42467 ft

Russia

I have a similar problem.
Recently, my new drone began to buzz. This seems to be related to the new update.

2019-12-11
Use props
KP18
lvl.1

Poland

Dear All,
I just open new DJI Mavic Mini and I have this same issue . I didn't do any fly using this drone. It is completely new pcs. It is any official information from DJI . It should be returned to seller?
2019-12-12
Use props
fansb43430e8
lvl.1

Russia

Apparently on the forum, no one can say anything.
2019-12-13
Use props
elipskij
lvl.1

Russia

The same problem: Mavic Mini Gimbal Buzz – https://www.reddit.com/r/djimavicmini/comments/dwbbh8/mavic_mini_gimbal_buzz
2019-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Lne2DoOnRnhi
lvl.1
Indonesia

I have the same problem,my mavic mini gimbal is struck,there no service centre in medan,what can I do ?
2019-12-23
Use props
Ayacos
New

Chile

[img]
I had the same error 4002. After many tests; firmware downgrade, upgrade, cleaning, battery replacement, calibrations, failed calibrations, etc...

Almost about to give up, I noticed (in my case) that the camera had little space with the left support (attached photo). I made a small pressure to separate this space and the error 4002 gone. From my perspective and seeing other Mavic Mini (videos) this model tends to have little space on the left side vs. the right side, this can cause blockage easily by particles or hits... which causes friction between the left leg and the camera, generating error 4002..

Mechanical problem (design problem), now works with both firmware versions. I will try it a few more days to see if the error occurs again. Hope helps.[/img]
2019-12-26
Use props
Ayacos
New

Chile

The problem occurs again with the firmware upgrade, downgrade again.. persist, such problem, I will take it to the warranty after all...
2019-12-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are all of you using the latest firmware, it might help to install it

Best to install it using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC, make sure the A/C has a full battery before you do this

https://www.dji.com/au/downloads ... rUg08RoCDvoQAvD_BwE

2019-12-27
Use props
djiuser_sGAOnBYuFasW
New
Pakistan

i am having a new issue, 40011 gimbal calibration error and i goes into gimbal calibration, it says make sure your aircraft is connect with out errors.  STUCKED!!! GIMBAL not even moving
2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_8H0kbWH0QImr
New

United States

I updated the firmware today and  ow get a gimbal stuck error. The gimbal is making a buzzing / clicking sound and has a shaky image. Any fix?
2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_sGAOnBYuFasW
New
Pakistan

Gimbal not working, gimbal calibration errror 40011.

Dji not doing anything,  no ticket reply, where should i go, in my country no dji official dealer. I am really upset by the first dji product. Will never buy anything from dji.
2020-1-12
Use props
Marc Alexander
lvl.1
United States

arkchan Posted at 2019-12-8 21:32
Hi there, I have the similar issue (AC already updated to firmware v1.0.3) last night when I wanted to update the firmware for battery

This happened right after finishing updated the first battery, when I restart the drone, the gimbal stuck error prompts and I tried to do calibration >10% then  failed, recenter > failed. How did I resolve this is that, I then turn it off, placed a old version battery back, turn it on, then the error is cleared. I immediately re-calibrated the IMU, compass, gimbal all together to make sure the drone itself is fine. After that I put the latest firmware battery back on and it was back to normal.

Sure enough, I replaced the battery this morning, and started having issues. Read your post and quickly changed batteries, and BAM, worked like a charm. Not sure if it was the update to the battery that caused it. Thank You!!!
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_QQty7X9f0A4D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32411 ft
Cambodia

Hi there,
Did any one got the same problem again?
I got a gimbal stuck error message too, and it matches the update firmware / battery.
It happened after a flight where there was no problem, changed the battery, updated it and got the error.
I tried the remaining battery without the update but it did not work.

I am super annoyed it is happening as I am travelling now and it s happened on second day I am using it,out if three weeks travel..

Any fix would be super appreciated : )
2020-1-23
Use props
Marc Alexander
lvl.1
United States

Marc Alexander Posted at 1-14 18:38
Sure enough, I replaced the battery this morning, and started having issues. Read your post and quickly changed batteries, and BAM, worked like a charm. Not sure if it was the update to the battery that caused it. Thank You!!!

Worked a few times, then wouldn't, so I was instructed to send it in to get looked at. It arrived today, waiting now to see what they say...
2020-1-23
Use props
Jim_H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 787152 ft
Malaysia

Sorry to post this here if its not related, since i noticed something abit weird...
When i tiled my gimbal to 90 degrees to the bottom, P mode, i flew forward and then stop, the gimbal will jerk back to around 70 degrees...
Any opinions?
2020-1-23
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jim_H Posted at 1-23 21:22
Sorry to post this here if its not related, since i noticed something abit weird...
When i tiled my gimbal to 90 degrees to the bottom, P mode, i flew forward and then stop, the gimbal will jerk back to around 70 degrees...
Any opinions?

Have you tried the "manual" gimbal calibration, just choose manual instead of auto and adjust it.
2020-1-23
Use props
Jim_H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 787152 ft
Malaysia

tried and still the same hmmm....
2020-1-25
Use props
djiuser_rSlS462c5s2V
New
Flight distance : 332428 ft
Greece

In you haven't found any solution, blow it up, into the battery socket, sensors and gimbal with camera. WIth me it works. Probably dust is the problem or humitidy....
2020-1-26
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

Yesterday i got a gimbal stuck error with the camera in a tilted position and would not move. After turning everything off, i gently pulled the gimbal forward and moved it around a bit. I tried 2 more flights after that and everything seemed to work perfectly.
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_RhzthAD29AeF
New

United States

Same issue new out of box and imu won’t calibrate, does nothing when you press start
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_QQty7X9f0A4D
lvl.1
Vietnam

I tried to clean it but did not change much.
Was the 4th flight or so.. doubting is the dirt...
I guess some firmware updates with the battery triggered that...
2020-1-26
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

For a stuck gimbal without the hassle of DJI intervention I suggest you try spinning of the gimbal and camera manually... if it is not super-smooth frictionless to move and almost doing it by itself when unpowered and shuffling the drone around I suggest you go ahead and lubricate the hinges with a cotton bud pre-soaked with silicone oil.

Wait patiently some hours to let the oil penetrate the crevices and try to operate the gimbal again.
2020-1-27
Use props
Mr_HU
lvl.1
France

Feeling a bit stupid now, but I avoided to move and slowly try to shake the gimbal as well as cleaning it.. It worked.. I guess there is indeed some dusts and so on inside. Quite peculiar it happened right after a flight thought without troubles. thought I d share this experience here.
2020-1-31
Use props
Helium_ADHD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186781 ft
United States

Mr_HU Posted at 1-31 07:05
Feeling a bit stupid now, but I avoided to move and slowly try to shake the gimbal as well as cleaning it.. It worked.. I guess there is indeed some dusts and so on inside. Quite peculiar it happened right after a flight thought without troubles. thought I d share this experience here.
Just to confirm.   1) You were getting a gimbal Stuck error and putting the oil on the parts fixed it.  
2) If so.  Where do you put The oil.  The post said on the hinges.  But what hinges, maybe do they mean The bearings?   
3) had you been flying in fog or rain?  

4).  Did this begin to happen after you updated the battery firmware?   

And If you wouldn’t mind, could you post a picture of where you put the oil.   
Thanks a bunch
2020-1-31
Use props
Helium_ADHD
lvl.2
United States

Helium_ADHD Posted at 1-31 15:50
Just to confirm.   1) You were getting a gimbal Stuck error and putting the oil on the parts fixed it.  
2) If so.  Where do you put The oil.  The post said on the hinges.  But what hinges, maybe do they mean The bearings?   

Hello.  It seems as though it is not a problem of the gimbal being stuck.  It moves freely when powered off.  But when you power it up.   I get one of the two responses shown in the two videos below.  

https://youtu.be/5bma2Gu5Gn0

https://youtu.be/wZPhqSUWuXc

Thanks
2020-1-31
Use props
Helium_ADHD
lvl.2
United States

Helium_ADHD Posted at 1-31 15:50

Hello.  It seems as though it is not a problem of the gimbal being stuck.  It moves freely when powered off.  But when you power it up.   I get one of the two responses shown in the two videos below.  

https://youtu.be/5bma2Gu5Gn0

https://youtu.be/wZPhqSUWuXc

Thanks
2020-1-31
Use props
eegore
lvl.1

United States

Is a stuck gimbal, on a Mini with no crashes, covered under warranty?  I received it on Dec 26 so its under 60 days, but it says i have to prove that delivery date so I might be screwed there.

It may be because nobody posts when a repair is done correctly but it seems I am in for a big drawn out customer service process since my gimbal stopped moving today.  

It's been "buzzing" or vibrating since I first used it, and I assumed it was the gimbal but wasn't sure.  Now it is stuck in a few degrees up/down and has a very solid stopping point.  If it's not under warranty is it even worth it to try to get it repaired as the service costs seem to be close to the price of a new unit.
2020-2-2
Use props
Helium_ADHD
lvl.2
United States

Man.  I just wish that they would respect the paying Coustermers.   When you first turn in the drone.   Does it move at all?
2020-2-2
Use props
eegore
lvl.1

United States

Helium_ADHD Posted at 2-2 19:04
Man.  I just wish that they would respect the paying Coustermers.   When you first turn in the drone.   Does it move at all?

In my case the gimbal moves up all the way then to center, but will not move down.  When powered off it will not move smoothly past the center-forward position, there is a very obvious stoppage.  As I said before I have had vibration in the unit since I first used it, but the gimbal always functioned.

I tried starting a repair process but they don't know,or wont say if its covered under warranty.  The warranty info says 6 months for a gimbal.  It seems repair services and warranty services might be two different departments, but i can;t find a warranty service option anywhere.

2020-2-3
Use props
Renato_Soriano
lvl.1
Mexico

**UPDATE FIX February 2020:
2 months ago, after reporting the issue, the drone was sent to DJI in China for inspection and diagnostics. As it was brand new the warranty got into effect and no payment was done for shipping. At the end, it was declared as factory defect and they replaced it for a new one. Due to all the shipping, inspection and return the process took too much time but the drone now works as expected.

For all people with the same issue, return it to DJI, they pay all expenses and replace with a new one.
2020-2-11
Use props
JabinJ
New

Hong Kong

Renato_Soriano Posted at 2-11 13:16
**UPDATE FIX February 2020:
2 months ago, after reporting the issue, the drone was sent to DJI in China for inspection and diagnostics. As it was brand new the warranty got into effect and no payment was done for shipping. At the end, it was declared as factory defect and they replaced it for a new one. Due to all the shipping, inspection and return the process took too much time but the drone now works as expected.

I recently bought a mini and its turning out to be a lemon. The gimbal keeps getting stuck. I've done all that is suggested but the problem persists. The camera does not move smootly and gets stuck when I move the pitch on the controller. The transmission from the camera also gets stuck
2020-2-18
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules