Battery Drains Fast (getting 15mins flight time) :(
4387 17 2019-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lemy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151726 ft
Philippines

Hi! So I got my Mavic Mini a few days ago. I haven't tested it out outdoors due to time. Here's the thing, I've been testing the batteries out for the last 2 days and I noticed it's not reaching the advertised duration which is 30mins. Upon testing, I ALWAYS get 15mins time and 17mins at most... Of course before I start testing, I always make sure that all the batteries are fully charged and the firmwire is updated. Also, I only test the drone on hover mode, no other movement, just hover.

Is there anyone here who experience the same issue? If so, what did you do to improve the battery performance?

Honestly, I am really disappointed. I don't know if I got faulty batteries..can someone from DJI help? would really appreciate any response. Thanks!
2019-12-5
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

Are you flying with the prop guards or some other payload? I only get about 15 minutes with the prop guards on due to the extra weight. With them off, I get around 25 minutes.
2019-12-5
Use props
Lemy
lvl.1
Philippines

Oh yeah! I'm flying with the prop guards I forgot to mention that.. Okay will run tests again without the prop guards and will update this thread. Thank you so much for your reply!
2019-12-5
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

Bjord Posted at 12-5 19:08
Are you flying with the prop guards or some other payload? I only get about 15 minutes with the prop guards on due to the extra weight. With them off, I get around 25 minutes.

Just a question, is your flight distance also showing up incorrectly on your DJI Forum profile too?  If you look at mine apparently I flew 10 million feet with my Mavic Mini.
2019-12-5
Use props
Lemy
lvl.1
Philippines

MatthewW28 Posted at 12-5 19:32
Just a question, is your flight distance also showing up incorrectly on your DJI Forum profile too?  If you look at mine apparently I flew 10 million feet with my Mavic Mini.

oops sorry, I thought you were asking me! nevermind my reply.
2019-12-5
Use props
siowxsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

Lemy , how is it if test with no prop guard?  can use up to 25min+ ?
2019-12-5
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
United States

Lemy Posted at 12-5 19:40
oops sorry, I thought you were asking me! nevermind my reply.

No problem.  Also, from what I can tell from your profile you are from the Philippines. What are the restrictions there compared to the USA?  I might be taking a trip there to the provinces in a year or two.
2019-12-5
Use props
Lemy
lvl.1
Philippines

siowxsen Posted at 12-5 20:00
Lemy , how is it if test with no prop guard?  can use up to 25min+ ?

Hey! I haven't test it out now as all my batteries are charging at the moment. Will update this thread soon
2019-12-5
Use props
Lemy
lvl.1
Philippines

MatthewW28 Posted at 12-5 20:00
No problem.  Also, from what I can tell from your profile you are from the Philippines. What are the restrictions there compared to the USA?  I might be taking a trip there to the provinces in a year or two.

Yep, I'm from the Philippines Good question! I haven't tried flying outdoors yet. I literally just testing the drone and hovering it. I haven't get the chance fiddling with the app and researching on the flight restrictions here. Will inform you as soon as I get some infos
2019-12-5
Use props
siowxsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

Lemy Posted at 12-5 20:24
Hey! I haven't test it out now as all my batteries are charging at the moment. Will update this thread soon

oK................
2019-12-5
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Just a question, is your flight distance also showing up incorrectly on your DJI Forum profile too?  If you look at mine apparently I flew 10 million feet with my Mavic Mini.

Hahaha!! That's amazing. Seems like you've been flying nonstop since before its release
2019-12-5
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

Just a question, is your flight distance also showing up incorrectly on your DJI Forum profile too?  If you look at mine apparently I flew 10 million feet with my Mavic Mini.

Yeah mine's wrong. I have not flown 220km. Actually my flight logs say 2.2km.
2019-12-5
Use props
Lemy
lvl.1
Philippines

Okay so I just finished testing the Mini. Took off without the prop guards. Surprise surprise, I got 26mins and 2secs flight time! Huge improvement.

Thanks Bjord!
2019-12-5
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
United States

ICDroneSE Posted at 12-5 21:24
Hahaha!! That's amazing. Seems like you've been flying nonstop since before its release

I just flew a million ft, now I officially reached 10 million.
2019-12-6
Use props
jh8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It might be a good idea to change the title to [Solved] ... and add some info to the first post.
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry that I was unable to help you with this concern. However, we're glad that our fellow DJI members here were able to help you to resolve the issue. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2019-12-6
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

MatthewW28 Posted at 12-6 05:46
I just flew a million ft, now I officially reached 10 million.

Probably turn on autosync while on wifi... I am nowhere near your crazy numbers, but my real traveled distance Is half of what Is shown here on the forum...
The problem seems to be, that flights don't use unique ID (as I said couple of days ago - a flight start timestamp seems like a no-brainer to me, so since there is no validation for duplicate records - every time you hit sync manually, you will re-send the logs, that app thinks are not synced yet - your case Is pretty extreme though)
2019-12-6
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
United States

Gu5s Posted at 12-6 09:36
Probably turn on autosync while on wifi... I am nowhere near your crazy numbers, but my real traveled distance Is half of what Is shown here on the forum...
The problem seems to be, that flights don't use unique ID (as I said couple of days ago - a flight start timestamp seems like a no-brainer to me, so since there is no validation for duplicate records - every time you hit sync manually, you will re-send the logs, that app thinks are not synced yet - your case Is pretty extreme though)

Yeah you are right.  Every time I log into my DJI Fly app, it changes by like a million lol.
2019-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules