Mavic Air IMU calibration fails
6123 17 2019-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tobkai
lvl.1

United States

Hi guys,

My Mavic Air was working perfectly fine the other day, but now it's complaining a bunch all of a sudden. It says the IMU has to be calibrated, but it always fails. Please see the error in the attachment. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

IMG_0450.PNG
IMG_0450.PNG
2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, may I know the environment temperature in your area? With this error, it is suggested calibrating the IMU again at room temperature.  
2019-12-6
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a temperature problem. What is the environment where you are attempting this?
2019-12-6
Use props
tobkai
lvl.1

United States

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I didn't have email notifications on. I'm actually doing this at room temperature.
2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

tobkai Posted at 12-9 08:23
Hi, sorry for the late reply, I didn't have email notifications on. I'm actually doing this at room temperature.

Please try to restart the drone and calibrate the IMU again. Please calibrate the IMU in a level surface, and don't move the drone after initiating the calibration, try to recalibrate multiple times.
If it still fails, please help to connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 and export the data from the drone, and send in the drone for diagnosis. You may contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.
2019-12-9
Use props
tobkai
lvl.1

United States

Thank you Thor! I'm just wondering whether you have some idea what the issue (if hardware) could be and what this process might look like...? I had a Phantom 3 before that had a motherboard defect, which would have cost 300 USD to repair. I'm just asking because I kind of want to avoid sending it in and being quoted 500 USD, in which case I wouldn't get the repair and ask for the drone to be shipped back (essentially loosing money on return shipping).
2019-12-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

tobkai Posted at 12-14 09:29
Thank you Thor! I'm just wondering whether you have some idea what the issue (if hardware) could be and what this process might look like...? I had a Phantom 3 before that had a motherboard defect, which would have cost 300 USD to repair. I'm just asking because I kind of want to avoid sending it in and being quoted 500 USD, in which case I wouldn't get the repair and ask for the drone to be shipped back (essentially loosing money on return shipping).

Hi tobkai, may I confirm if the drone crashed before? For the cause of the issue, we will manage an overall check and damage assessment first when we receive your drone. If it is a warranty issue, within the warranty period, the service will be covered.  
You may need to pay the service if the drone had crashed before, or it is beyond the warranty period. You can refer to the accessories price inquiry chart at https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery if you would love to have a look.
Thank you.
2019-12-14
Use props
tobkai
lvl.1

United States

Thanks a lot for the reply. I haven't crashed the drone and it flew just fine. I transporter it on a trip and when I wanted to use it again it didn't work. I think I'm past warranty at this point, but the price table is very helpful!

Thank you!
2019-12-16
Use props
cliff
New
Flight distance : 2425 ft
South Africa

tobkai Posted at 2019-12-16 12:59
Thanks a lot for the reply. I haven't crashed the drone and it flew just fine. I transporter it on a trip and when I wanted to use it again it didn't work. I think I'm past warranty at this point, but the price table is very helpful!

Thank you!

Hi there, I am experiencing the same problem with same error messages at different times in the process, and can not get the calibration completed. what was the outcome of your query?
Regards
cliff
2022-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cliff@2help1um. Posted at 6-12 06:04
Hi there, I am experiencing the same problem with same error messages at different times in the process, and can not get the calibration completed. what was the outcome of your query?
Regards
cliff

Hello, there. May I confirm if your drone Mavic air too?
2022-6-13
Use props
A10Warthog
lvl.1
Spain

I have the same problem.  Mavic Air 2018. Never had a problem.  After two months without flying, he asks me to calibrate the IMU.  Error code 13. I try many times and in diffent places.  At a room temperature of 21 degrees Celsius.  Always same error.
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

A10Warthog Posted at 9-26 11:17
I have the same problem.  Mavic Air 2018. Never had a problem.  After two months without flying, he asks me to calibrate the IMU.  Error code 13. I try many times and in diffent places.  At a room temperature of 21 degrees Celsius.  Always same error.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please follow the steps below:
1. When calibrating on the first side, do not shake the aircraft and keep it level, or the temperature calibration may fail.
2. If the calibration fails, power on the product again. If a prompt stating that the IMU calibration is required is still shown, calibrate the IMU again. If the prompt is not displayed, IMU calibration does not need to be performed.
3. If the IMU calibration fails several times, provide us with the related screenshot and record the time when the issue occurs. We will make further checks.
2022-9-27
Use props
A10Warthog
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 9-27 02:42
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please follow the steps below:
1. When calibrating on the first side, do not shake the aircraft and keep it level, or the temperature calibration may fail.
2. If the calibration fails, power on the product again. If a prompt stating that the IMU calibration is required is still shown, calibrate the IMU again. If the prompt is not displayed, IMU calibration does not need to be performed.

Hello. My case is number 3 "IMU calibration fails several times"
Attached screenshot of the process:

After 5 minutes

The version of firmware is V01.00.0620
The APP 4.3.37

2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

A10Warthog Posted at 9-27 08:52
Hello. My case is number 3 "IMU calibration fails several times"
Attached screenshot of the process:
[view_image]

Thank you for your reply. You are advised to contact our team via support@dji.com to open a case and send it back for further testing.
2022-9-28
Use props
A10Warthog
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 9-28 23:19
Thank you for your reply. You are advised to contact our team via  to open a case and send it back for further testing.

Hello.  I already contacted the technical service.  They tell me that I have to send the drone to the technical service for inspection.  But it is not an option, because it is in the Netherlands and I live in Spain.  Transportation costs, plus the cost of repair, exceed profitability.  Can't think of any other solution?
2022-10-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

A10Warthog Posted at 10-1 09:36
Hello.  I already contacted the technical service.  They tell me that I have to send the drone to the technical service for inspection.  But it is not an option, because it is in the Netherlands and I live in Spain.  Transportation costs, plus the cost of repair, exceed profitability.  Can't think of any other solution?

Sorry to tell you that without sending it back we can not make further assistance. Besides, since it has been out of warranty, you may need to ship your unit by yourself. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_NKPw9P1OydJg
New

Australia

I am having the same problem and no way to fix it!
I cannot fly the drone because of this!
2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_NKPw9P1OydJg Posted at 10-17 05:34
I am having the same problem and no way to fix it!
I cannot fly the drone because of this!

Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
You can submit an online repair request and then send it back to our service center for inspection and repair. Here is the link:
https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
2023-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules