Photogrammetry vs 3D scanning
4360 3 2019-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Franktheone
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello everyone
What is the difference between drone scanning and LIDAR scanning, for example with Lieca 360 or Artec Ray? As far as I understand 3D scanners are much more expensive, but the whole process is faster and the results are more accurate? The client asks for super detailed scans that i've never done before.
What do I do in this case?
Best regards.
Frank.

2019-12-5
Use props
kamal12
New

United States

قیمت ماشین ظرفشویی بوش اصل آلمان را به همراه جدیدترین مدل ها در اختیار شما خواهیم گذاشت. بنابراین اگر قصد خرید خرید ماشین ظرفشویی بوش را دارید حتما مطالب ما را مطالعه کنید.
mahbano.net/product/bosch-dish-washing
2019-12-11
Use props
Jonson Smith
lvl.2

Bangladesh

Photogrammetry vs. 3D Scanning

Digital 3D models are used for many oscillate purposes in a variety of industries, and there are incorporation methods of making them from a genuine seek. The two primary methods for digital 3D modeling are 3D scanning and photogrammetry.

3D Scanning

3D scanning encompasses a variety of technologies. For sake of comparison, we have selected to focus upon the two varieties of 3D scanning that are most common and most resemble the abilities of photogrammetry: laser 3D scanning and structured well-ventilated 3D scanning.

Photogrammetry

Photogrammetry is a substitute method of recording the geometry of a portion to make a 3D model. As in opposition to 3D scanning, this technology uses photographs rather than well-ventilated to pile up together data. In embellish to requiring a camera of another, this technology needs a computer and specialized software in order to create a 3D model.
2020-1-20
Use props
RogerGrass
New

Russia

In general yes, 3d scanners are more accurate in case of shape but you should read specifications for exact scannerto be sure it has accuracy and resolution that is suitable for you. As lidar scanners are different. In opposite photogrammetry do capture better colour details. For sure it depends on lightning conditions during the scanning but in general colour details are better. But there are software that allows you to combine this two technologies if you need both.
You've mentioned Artec Ray, I didn't use this scanner, as my objects that need hugh detalisation is not thart big, but I use their handheld scanners. But the specifications of Ray seems very nice for a Lidar. Anyway you should coordinate them with your customer. It's possible to rent such a scanner to give it a try or if you have a single order that requires 3d scanner to be used.
If speacing about handheld 3d scanners they are better in capturing complex geometry with small holes arcs, etc. I've never succeded to get a nice result with photogrammetry. With hadheld 3d scanner it's not trivial, but possible. Also photogrammetry can be good to capture tecture of the surface (I've lost the link but there is a library of awesome photorealistic textures made by photogrammetry), but it has tendency to confuse between colour detailes and surface detailes. SO the best results I got, I got from combination of a 3d scanner and a good camera.
Also I've never tried photogrammetry on semitransparent objects. For 3d scnners I have to spray them. I think it's similar for photogrammetry which means - no colour.

Other andvantage of using a drone is if you object is really big it can be tricke to position the lidar correctly to capture some parts of it. With drone - no positioning problems

2021-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules