Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sharing python codes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38901 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Is there a community/forum where people share python codes for their Robomaster S1 skills/projects ?
Ive been looking all over Github, stackoverflow etc. for example codes, projects with no success at all.

Nobody sharing ?

2019-12-6
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

I am not aware of any centralized place. I do keep examples in my repository, including a complete sentry-mode implementation.
2019-12-6
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

BGA Posted at 12-6 08:35
I am not aware of any centralized place. I do keep examples in my repository, including a complete sentry-mode implementation.

Forgot the URL:

https://git.bug-br.org.br/bga/ro ... ter/sample_programs
2019-12-6
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

thanks. maybe other people can share as well.
I am really surprised to see that very few codes are being shared for S1
2019-12-6
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 12-6 12:05

Well developing for it has some serious artificial limitations. Several people start getting excited by the prospect and end up losing interest. For example, I switched from programming for the S1 to creating programs to try to make it more flexible (which involves a lot of reverse engineering).
2019-12-6
Use props
sevreNniarB
lvl.3
Germany

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 12-6 12:05

The Chinese coding community is very strong and they have tons of crazy examples in different places. Most of the code is written in their native language and this renders it unusable for us.

DJI should have some kind of Community Hub for the RMS1 for code sharing, to ask questions, etc.
Add some categories, a star rating for the posted code, challenges with little symbolic prizes e.g. like a trophy, special avatar borders or earned trophy page... little things like that will generate an active and engaging community

If you take a look at the Masters Board you will see that rank #100 has just 20h of total coding time...
2019-12-6
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

BGA Posted at 12-6 12:31
Well developing for it has some serious artificial limitations. Several people start getting excited by the prospect and end up losing interest. For example, I switched from programming for the S1 to creating programs to try to make it more flexible (which involves a lot of reverse engineering).

well actually that might be something I'm interested in. I had written a mobile app to control  Anki's Vector robot and about 5K people were interested in my app. Is there a SDK/API for S1 which we can have a look and write our own Android apps ?
2019-12-7
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

sevreNniarB Posted at 12-6 14:13
The Chinese coding community is very strong and they have tons of crazy examples in different places. Most of the code is written in their native language and this renders it unusable for us.

DJI should have some kind of Community Hub for the RMS1 for code sharing, to ask questions, etc.

where is that masters board ?
2019-12-7
Use props
sevreNniarB
lvl.3
Germany

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 12-7 08:56
where is that masters board ?

It is a bit hidden:
MB#1.jpg

Then:
MB#2.jpg

Here it is:
MB#3.jpg

2019-12-7
Use props
sevreNniarB
lvl.3
Germany

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 12-7 08:56
well actually that might be something I'm interested in. I had written a mobile app to control  Anki's Vector robot and about 5K people were interested in my app. Is there a SDK/API for S1 which we can have a look and write our own Android apps ?

No, I'm sorry. We are still reverse engineering the thing
2019-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules