Osmo Pocket, change video aspect ratio - possiblity via update?
5344 3 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Musvero
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello!  I am new to this forum, and a new owner of an Osmo Pocket.  I'm very pleased with it so far.  
I apologise if this is the wrong place to put this.  I have noticed that the photo mode allows 16:9, 4:3 and even 3:2 ratios, but video is only 16:9 as far as I can tell.  I'm no expert on how these things work, but would I be right in thinking that this means the sensor/lens combo should make it possible to shoot in 4:3 ratio, hypothetically?  Like a 2.7k 4:3 res.  

I'm coming to the OP from a GoPro 5 Session, as I was after more stable footage and the Pocket's gimbal is awesome.  I'm missing that vertical space though, as I really like the ability to re-frame after shooting.  A lot of what I record is ad-hoc and don't always have time to get it framed precisely.  The ability to re-frame vertically afterwards would be really useful, and it seems like something that may be possible to implement fairly easily, if the sensor supports it.  I noticed that at one point 2.7k was added, so am hopeful that this may also be possible.  

I think this might be a useful feature for camera-facing vlog situations.  I've noticed it sometimes will face track a bit lower than I'd like, especially when fairly close, yet in photo view it gives a full frame.  This can be adjusted at the time with the tilt control, but would be equally handy to be able to totally adjust the framing in post, with a bit of extra vertical room.  And of course, using this aspect ratio is just one option so wouldn't be a negative change as far as I can tell, for any users.

Many thanks, folks at DJI for an awesome camera and for reading this message.

Jim

2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jim. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade this thread and these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-7
Use props
Musvero
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-7 09:49
Hello and good day Jim. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade this thread and these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.  That's great, thank you for passing that on
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Musvero Posted at 12-10 14:10
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.  That's great, thank you for passing that on

You are very much welcome Musvero. If you have any other concerns, inquiries or suggestions. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. .
2019-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules