Osmo mobile 3 trigger
1925 6 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gorca20
New
Spain

Hello everyone,

Let me start by giving the basic info for this post. The phone I use is the One plus 6T with the Osmo mobile 3. I bought this last one I mention on october of this year (2019) and I have a problem with the gimball. When I hold down the trigger button, to lock all movement, the gimball starts to rotate to the right. This is a bit of a problem because when I want to record a video while walking straight and holding the trigger the phone starts to drift to the right.

I’ve tried updating the app, updating the firmware of the gimball, recalibrating it, using another case for the phone (to see if it was a balance/weight problem); but none of the mentioned have solved the problem.

Thanks in advance.

2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please send us a video showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue? Also, if you have an alternate mobile device that you can try to use to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-12-6
Use props
Gorca20
New
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 08:28
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please send us a video showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue? Also, if you have an alternate mobile device that you can try to use to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hello Gamora,
Thank you for replying to my thread. I wasn't able to add a video in the forum, so I uploaded it  to my youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/rfHuK4zEldw

As you can see, at 00:02 in the video , I start holding the trigger button down and the gimball starts to drift to the right by itself.
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Gorca20 Posted at 12-6 20:11
Hello Gamora,
Thank you for replying to my thread. I wasn't able to add a video in the forum, so I uploaded it  to my youtube channel.

Hi, thank you for the additional information provided. I was able to review the video and since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-12-7
Use props
Milo Sun
lvl.1
Singapore

Hello Gorca & DJI

I just bought a brand new DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and I immediately had the same problem.  When I held the trigger down, the gimbal slowly rotated to the right, which was obnoxious and that feature was almost unusable.
Also, several times during the first few days that I used my new gimbal, when powering on and pairing to the Mimo App, it gave me an error that said something like "camera was not successfully started."  
AND one more issue was that during a time lapse of the sunset, instead of following my diagonal path that I preset, it follow a horizontal path, which still looked good but clearly showed that something wasn't right.

I just had a chat with a DJI customer service person, they recommended that I reset the bluetooth by holding down all of the buttons and repairing the phone... and that SEEMED TO HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM

Tomorrow I will film more and hopefully that actually fixed it.  

Gorca, did you fix your gimbal issue?  It would be a shame to have to send in the gimbal for repairs.  Hopefully you fixed it no problem
2020-6-12
Use props
tdalauro
New

United States

THIS is my biggest issue...  the trigger does not lock the gimbal in place, the gimbal just roams all over, from left to right..  
2020-6-17
Use props
Milo Sun
lvl.1
Singapore

Milo Sun Posted at 6-12 06:38
Hello Gorca & DJI

I just bought a brand new DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and I immediately had the same problem.  When I held the trigger down, the gimbal slowly rotated to the right, which was obnoxious and that feature was almost unusable.

Update. The blue tooth reset seems to fix the trigger problem for my gimbal, But only for a short time period. If I use it again 2 days later it does the same thing. I keep resetting the blue tooth and also recalibrating the gimbal in the app but this only temporarily fixes it and I do not want to do this every single time I use it.

I may return it and ask for a new one. Unfortunate.
2020-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules