RTH doesn't work when manual transmitter channel is selected
780 6 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salex123
lvl.3
Israel

It is strange, but when i switched to manual RC channel selection, i couldn't activate the RTH.
Any press on the RC button or on the phone's H started landing process instead of RTH.
When i changed back to Auto, the problem is gone, and the RTH is activated.
Is it by purpose or some software bug?
2019-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

My guess is you were testing this within 65ft .
2019-12-6
Use props
Salex123
lvl.3
Israel

hallmark007 Posted at 12-6 11:55
My guess is you were testing this within 65ft .

I don't remember exactly, i think it was further.
In any case, the RTH worked from about same distance in Auto mode.
What is this magic number?
2019-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Salex123 Posted at 12-6 12:05
I don't remember exactly, i think it was further.
In any case, the RTH worked from about same distance in Auto mode.
What is this magic number?

Within 20 m your craft will always land if you hit Rth or failsafe Rth kicks etc .
2019-12-6
Use props
Salex123
lvl.3
Israel

hallmark007 Posted at 12-6 12:08
Within 20 m your craft will always land if you hit Rth or failsafe Rth kicks etc .

Ok, thanks.
I'll try again to clarify.
2019-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Salex123 Posted at 12-6 12:45
Ok, thanks.
I'll try again to clarify.

No problem, hopefully that’s it .
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Salex123. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the RTH function of the DJI Mavic Mini. Before the flight, go to “Safety” and set the RTH altitude higher than that of the tallest building in the surrounding area. You can set the RTH altitude from 20 m to the max flight altitude. When the Home Point is recorded and the distance between the aircraft and Home Point is more than 20 meters, you can tap the icon shown on the left of DJI Fly to choose to land or initiate RTH. Press and hold the RTH button on DJI Fly, or press and hold the RTH button on the top left of the remote controller to initiate RTH. The remote controller will make beeping sounds(after the RTH triggered,can short press RTH button to stop the beeping sounds, the return will stop too.). When the GPS signal is strong, the aircraft will return to home.
Note: If the GPS signal is weak, the aircraft will hover ( if the GPS signal does not get stronger, the aircraft will hover for three seconds to prevent itself from drifting because of the poor GPS signal ), and then the aircraft will land. If the distance between the aircraft and Home Point is less than 20 meters, after users press the icon on the left of DJI Fly, only the landing option is available. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2019-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules