Ipad mini ?
794 11 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
minilou
lvl.3
Canada

hi, does anyone use an ipad mini 4 with mavic mini?
2019-12-6
Use props
minilou
lvl.3
Canada

just to be sure of compatibility
2019-12-6
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Hi - yes, it works. (I am also using an iPad mini 2, and that works fine). iPad mini is (in some ways) essentially just a really big cellphone, because it runs the exact same iOS.

But you'll need to:

a) Get a longer cable (I believe its USB-C to lightning) - because the original cable doesn't fit unless you hold it *really* awkwardly to the remote. A few people had amazon recommendations - I purchased one of the amazon ones which seems to work a-okay/100%.  (Can send you the link if you need it).
b) Get the 'ipad holding' thingamabobber. I think it was $15-$20? I bought that as well with the mavic mini combo, seems to work great!
2019-12-6
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

The connection on the remote control is a Micro USB jack.  So you need a Micro USB to Lightning cable.

People have speculated as to why the drone and its accessories use the Micro USB rather than the USB-C, and the only thought I heard was that supposedly the USB-C jacks are actually a bit larger and heavier.  But I'm not sure that is always true.
2019-12-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiguy001 Posted at 12-6 20:45
Hi - yes, it works. (I am also using an iPad mini 2, and that works fine). iPad mini is (in some ways) essentially just a really big cellphone, because it runs the exact same iOS.

But you'll need to:

It will work but it is Pants. The App is just a stretched iPhone App and because of various factors and indeed the different screen proportions of the iPhone and the Ipad Mini. It looks bad and also you cant see all the buttons.

On a Ipad Mini you dont need the Ipad Holder it fits in the arms perfectly and is actually the best tablet for any DJI drone.... Only problem is DJI forgot this before they released the App.

2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day minilou. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses the iPad mini 4 when flying there DJI Mavic Mini. For additional reference I will be posting the list of [recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and of the DJI Fly. Thank you.

2019-12-7
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

This cable will work and is good quality.Controller to IOS device. Hope this helps.
2019-12-7
Use props
minilou
lvl.3
Canada

thank you all
2019-12-7
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-6 23:57
It will work but it is Pants. The App is just a stretched iPhone App and because of various factors and indeed the different screen proportions of the iPhone and the Ipad Mini. It looks bad and also you cant see all the buttons.

On a Ipad Mini you dont need the Ipad Holder it fits in the arms perfectly and is actually the best tablet for any DJI drone.... Only problem is DJI forgot this before they released the App.

not sure what you are referring to, have you tried fitting the iPad mini in the controller? it doesn't fit. It's too wide. I had to have a special holder to use it.

With the app - I could also see all the buttons. It allows you to stretch it 2x which still fits within the iPad window, and actually looks fine.
2019-12-7
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

The Ipad Mini fits fine.

2019-12-7
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Does "It's Pants" mean "It's Bad"?  I like pants.  I wear them every day!  I don't understand the reference.
2019-12-7
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

minilou Posted at 12-6 17:37
just to be sure of compatibility

If you see the app and you can install it , it is compatible.
Unsupported devive are unable to see the app in the App Store.
2019-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules