Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Maximum Altitude Setting Not Working on My SC
576 2 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

On my SC have the Maximum Altitude set for 30m or 98 ft for a specfic job that I am working on. I was at that site on Monday, I was shooting a job in Class D airspace that has an altitude restriction of 100 ft at the location where I was working. My SC is not stopping the M2P at 30m in fact my flight records show that my maximum altitude that day was 115ft. To fly in that space I have an "Unlocking License" installed.

It was suggested to me that maybe I had the RTH altitude set to 30m but not my maximun sltitude set to 30m. So I took my M2P to a location that is Class G airspace and made sure that I had both the RTH altitude and the Maximum Altitde set to 30m . This time the drone stopped at 98'. So I changed the Maximun Altitude to 100m and this time it stopped the drone at 328'. So I thought all was good and that I maybe had not set the Altitude limit to 30m. Since I was flying in a Class G airspace I did not engage the DJI "Unlocking License".

Well yesterday I was back at the same job in the Class D airspace with the 100ft ceiling. I triple checked that I had both the RTH and Maximum Altitude set at 30m and again I was able to fly above 100ft multiple times. I also once again had the "Unlocking License" active. Is it possible that there is some kind of software conflict happening between the "Unlocking License" from DJI and the maximum altitude setting on my SC?

Software glitch or something else?

2019-12-6
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

Anyone any thought son this?
2019-12-10
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

Just got a response from DJI support and they explained what is happening. Since I have an "Unlocking License" enabled for the Class D airspace that I am flying in, it overrides any manually set altitude settings. In this case the "Unlocking License" is set for 120m thus this is why I am able to exceed my manually input 30m setting.
2019-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules