Basic video editing software
3959 21 2019-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
99nirc99
lvl.1

Israel

Hi guys, I recently purchased the amazing Mavic Mini and i'm having a blast. I usually go on saturdays (day off in my country) and capture a few 5-10 minute videos of scenery, people and random fun. I figured out that sharing these moments would be a lot more fun and easier if I could just edit the best parts from each capture into a nice little edited video so I can share with my friends and family. I'm looking for a fairly basic software for triming these moments and adding them together maybe with some music and transitions so I can make these short videos. Any suggestions? thank you!
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day 99nirc99. Thank you for reaching out and thank you for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what editing software is best and what editing software they are using. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

LumaFusion $20 for iPad, iMovie , you could also use editor that comes with your app .
2019-12-7
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

Try Filmora. Simple but powerfull
2019-12-7
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Blender or Resolve - Blender is totally Free and basic Resolve is free to use.
2019-12-7
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

All those are great suggestions but let’s not forget that the DJI fly app has a built in basic editor as well.
2019-12-7
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177697 ft
United Kingdom

iMovie (if you export the video to Mac) and DJI in app editor (if you download the video from the drone itself).
2019-12-7
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

Free:
Handbrake - reencoding (best open source encoding SW [MAC, WIN, LNX])
OpenShot - editing (simple, open-source, can be a bit quirky/unstable, nvenc support & rich in codec output [MAC, WIN, LNX])
Hitfilm Express - editing (nearly a pro tool, yet not that overwhelming, kind of slow encoding [MAC, WIN]) - good place to start
Resolve - editing (a powerful pro tool, yet way too overwhelming, free version won't let you encode with GPU [MAC, WIN, LNX])
2019-12-8
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Use Filmora, powerful, with effect and sound templates, very easy to use.
Then there is Davinci Resolve. Although it also has a fully functional free version, but it is a bit more complex to use, yes, some professional results. It is the new premiere competition.
2019-12-8
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

JM.REYES Posted at 12-8 00:33
Use Filmora, powerful, with effect and sound templates, very easy to use.
Then there is Davinci Resolve. Although it also has a fully functional free version, but it is a bit more complex to use, yes, some professional results. It is the new premiere competition.

I have never tried filmora - Are you guys using paid version, or are you just fine with the watermark?
2019-12-8
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Gu5s Posted at 12-8 00:40
I have never tried filmora - Are you guys using paid version, or are you just fine with the watermark?
I worked full version. If it was not a crime, I would tell you that it is in full internet to download. Now I use Davinci.
2019-12-8
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

JM.REYES Posted at 12-8 10:07
I worked full version. If it was not a crime, I would tell you that it is in full internet to download. Now I use Davinci.

I would also consider investing more time in davinci resolve - but still, I am just a hobbyist (information systems sw developer is my daily bread) - so the fact, that accelerated GPU rendering Is behind a ~300$ paywall makes me a bit bitter.
2019-12-9
Use props
kkmin
lvl.2

United States

This Joyoshare video trimmer mac is simple to use. It is capable of cutting video and outputting video to MP4, AVI, MOV, etc.
2020-3-22
Use props
Cobra_rc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 826417 ft
Poland

Vegas Movie Studio 16 costs $60 now but a few months ago I bought it even for $29.99!
But even dji fly editing functionality copes with short footages.
2020-3-23
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1228609 ft
United States

I'm thinking about getting Adobe premier elements - I have only so far downloaded from the drone - never removed the SD to transfer - is there a quality difference in doing so?
2020-3-23
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Openshot, free and easy to use. Even for technophobes like myself. In fact, tried davinci resolve today. My laptop hadn't imported one small mobile phone clip after 10 minutes. Far to hungry!!  
2020-3-23
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Perhaps the best free editing software today is DaVinci Resolve https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

What I've see about Resolve is that complex Color and Level adjustments that require me several passages with Vegas Movie Studio (formerly Sony Movie Studio) can be easily done within seconds with the DaVinci software but...

I just scratched the surface, and I would need far more training to switch to Resolve. Meanwhile at first glance Movie Studio makes me more comfortable (but I am biased since I am used to it). Still... I have an old Platinum edition and I coulnd't be thankful enough to have filters like the HitFilm ones, really professional grade stuff unlike LUTs which you could pretty much reproduce yourself quite easily with the usual Level and Color controls.

https://www.vegascreativesoftwar ... o/?_oB=movie-studio
2020-3-23
Use props
Kistent Tse
New

Japan

Filmora is easy and friendly to beginners. I want to recommend another free editor to you - VSDC. The interesting thing is that for the first time using free VSDC, I was tend to edit the screen recordings produced by RecMaster screen recorder, only to find it has free screen capture tool, too.  Try this freebie if you want a basic  yet not so basic editor.
2020-7-23
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1888996 ft
Finland

JodyB Posted at 2019-12-7 18:51
All those are great suggestions but let’s not forget that the DJI fly app has a built in basic editor as well.

On android 10 at least i got some difficulties with that. Would be nice if keeps working. It freezes part of different clips. Timer rolls out but image is freezed. On editing and stays like that after export. Otherwise its handy.
2020-7-23
Use props
Thomas Tommy
lvl.1

United States

I recommend you to use Openshot, Kdenlive and VSDC. Here's a post about some nice free video editing software: https://www.videoproc.com/video- ... software-review.htm that you may need. Besides,  I think "basic" means something free, lightweight, and basic video editors. Thus Davinci Resolve (though I love it)  and a few other paid software aren't worthy to try out.
2020-10-27
Use props
salknadgb
lvl.1

China

Now I used TunesKit Video Cutter, which can meet my needs to achieve some basic editing. This video trimmer supports you to trim, edit, convert, extract media files. As for editing, you can rotate and crop, add background music, subtitle, watermark, apply video and audio effects, etc.
2020-11-8
Use props
Cliff_Allister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704741 ft
Cyprus

I use VideoPad.
Free, easy to use and with a load of editing options.
2021-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules