Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Charging Hub - Possible Connector Short?
325 4 2019-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomAndy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1156378 ft
United States

I've had my Mavic Mini for just under a month now (FMC) and yesterday when I plugged in the charging hub to get ready for today's flights, the hub lit up and showed batter status, but then all lights went off.  I've only cycled the batteries a few times (always using the hub).  When I unplugged the charging cable from the hub, it lit again, then when out (normal).  Plugged the USB micro cable back in, and it lit and went off, then on, then off.  

It's acting like the micro USB port has a loose connection inside or something.  Anyone else experienced this?  Possible that I'm going to have to send in for service which is a bummer.

To pre-answer some questions:  Using the DJI charging adapter, and DJI supplied charging cable.  I've only used these cables and adapter adapter that shipped with the original fly more combo in conjunction with the charging hub.

Anyone else seen similar?

2019-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just to be clear is it charging ?
2019-12-7
Use props
PhantomAndy
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-7 14:20
Just to be clear is it charging ?

It will if you get the connector ‘just right’
2019-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PhantomAndy Posted at 12-7 14:31
It will if you get the connector ‘just right’

I would say loose something, unless you can fix it return it, mine works fine plug in all remaining light up then off then battery with most charge starts charging .
2019-12-7
Use props
PhantomAndy
lvl.1
United States

For the time being I think I’ll nurse it along unless I can get an advanced replacement, or it gets worse.  Trying to maximize air time to get my skills sharpened before spring season gets here.

I could open it and reflow the connections on the board but being under warranty, I’d rather not.
2019-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules