New Firmware makes Cine mode video quality jumpy
1032 12 2019-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

I was able to do perfect smooth 360's in Cinemode with last firmware even in strong winds. After firmware major jitters on screen. Wind conditions where perfect.
2019-12-7
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

you know what guys this is my screw up I looked at a clip in normal flight mode then just found where I put it on. No way to delete this lol? Sorry Can moderator please del this thread?
2019-12-7
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Can someone else please test this? I looked a third time and did notice it seems a bit more choppy image. Was this motor adjustments? It seems go pause a bit on speed when rotation 360 cine smooth mode. Before was epic nice smooth almost as good as Mavic 2 now it looks like the spark after this patch. Or am I seeing things? Verification pls.
2019-12-7
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ve made 23 flights with my MM since getting it. It came pre-loaded with 003 firmware. I haven’t noticed any jitter with mine in C mode.
2019-12-7
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

mine is smooth as butter other than my own lack of finesse with the sticks lol. check it out. this was shot in cinemode with 003 firmware:

2019-12-7
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidms Posted at 12-7 20:05
mine is smooth as butter other than my own lack of finesse with the sticks lol. check it out. this was shot in cinemode with 003 firmware:

https://youtu.be/dkR_iPJyZaE

That’s a very nice video. Appreciate the share of that!!
2019-12-7
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

What I will do is take it to my local park and do some hovering 360's then post clips of both in one video. Maybe I am seeing things it's possible but I swear it's more blur when moving left or right and that was in totally calm winds. I have a feeling they boosted engine power a tad bit and that's making the image processor lag.
2019-12-7
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Take it to 200 feet and do a 360 hovering on Cine that's only problem I see it right now it also seems to have uneven rotation speed.
2019-12-7
Use props
blakamin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68458 ft
Australia

Alamoflyer Posted at 12-7 20:30
Take it to 200 feet and do a 360 hovering on Cine that's only problem I see it right now it also seems to have uneven rotation speed.

Just a thought... Are you sure there's no wind at 200ft?

Mine does this no problem.
2019-12-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Nice video!
Is it color graded?
2019-12-8
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-8 02:29
Nice video!
Is it color graded?

It is colour graded slightly to reduce shadows and deepen blacks.
2019-12-8
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Well I don't know how youtube does it but it smoothed out (360 pan) after processing. I uploaded it 1440p. First I'll link a video with Firmware 002 and then Firmware 003.
it's perfect up and down the chop seems to be turning. By chop I mean the speed is not as steady as before but youtube processing seems to have smoothed it out (on example 2).2k 30fps raw and edit settings.

Firmware 002 - seemed a little smoother video rotating the drone.

Firmware 003 - Rotation seemed more choppy like fast then slow fast then slow , however after processing by youtube it looks smoother. 8min 40sec (360 at 100 feet no winds)

2019-12-8
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

I have another theory now that it could be my VLC player I use for playback of raw files. Simply because the browser player is not showing the sideways video stutter.
2019-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules