Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware issue - "switching to public channel"
5230 13 2019-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpiderMonkeyFPV
lvl.1

United States

After the update, I keep getting "switching to public channel" in my goggles while flying.  I never lose video, but it is an issue. I have only seen a couple of people post about this issue.  I have two quads and both have the same issue after latest firmware update.
2019-12-7
Use props
CJW1964
lvl.3
Flight distance : 912933 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue. 2 quads and happens on both. Both updated to new firmware and didn’t occur before. As above I’ve never lost video and I have tried on different channels. It seems random.
2019-12-8
Use props
fansc820cc17
lvl.4

United States

I have also noticed this as have others on the facebook group.  I assume DJI knows about it and will hopefully fix it in the next firmware update.
2019-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, our engineers are aware of the issue, it is a display error, please don't worry. Our engineers will optimize the issue in the firmware update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2019-12-9
Use props
WAVER_FPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173120 ft

Jordan

and after going to public channel the picture froze and recording stops on the air unit ! is this something from the new firmware ? I just had Mark4 HD5 fpv quad and activate the units and my first time on Dji fpv system? tried also 3 sd cards  but the same and the goggle is okay!
2019-12-23
Use props
AGU FPV
New

United States

This is happening to me. It randomly stutters for a second, then I see the notification that its switching to a public channel, the quality of the video feed immediately decreases. and upon reviewing the air unit footage it was all messed up after the switch happened! It was terribly pixelated and and was like 4 fps...
2020-1-6
Use props
SpiderMonkeyFPV
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2019-12-9 02:11
Hi there, our engineers are aware of the issue, it is a display error, please don't worry. Our engineers will optimize the issue in the firmware update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there an ETA for the firmware fix release?
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SpiderMonkeyFPV Posted at 1-7 05:57
Is there an ETA for the firmware fix release?

Hi, sorry that I haven't received an ETA for the release, please keep an eye on the update of our official website or the release note update on the forum. Thank you for your patience.
2020-1-7
Use props
aldoojonathan
New

Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 1-7 19:22
Hi, sorry that I haven't received an ETA for the release, please keep an eye on the update of our official website or the release note update on the forum. Thank you for your patience.

is this issue, caused the image freeze, signal down, stop record on google and air unit?

so, what do you suggest to do? is downgrade the firmware will work?  google or air unit? thanks.
2020-1-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

aldoojonathan Posted at 1-13 01:07
is this issue, caused the image freeze, signal down, stop record on google and air unit?

so, what do you suggest to do? is downgrade the firmware will work?  google or air unit? thanks.

Hi, the issue that the OP mentioned was just a display error, it doesn't relate to the issues you experienced.
The new firmware v01.00.03.00 has been released, please update the firmware and check again.
If the issue persists, please provide the following info for further checking on this case:
1. Please provide the specific location, date and time (precise to which min) of this flight;
2. Did the control lose? If so, please help confirm if it is the control or the transmission lost first;
3. Please upload both the video from the Goggles and Air Unit;
4. The picture of the built aircraft;
5. The way of powering to the Air Unit, and the way that the Air Unit connects the controller;
6. Please kindly connect the Air Unit, Goggles and controller to DJI Assistant 2 and export the log of the flight, upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and provide us with the link.
7. How many times the unit was powering on/off after the issue happened.
We'd love to have our engineers check this case. We look forward to hearing back from you.
2020-1-15
Use props
roady123
lvl.3

Germany

I i have the same issue with the firmware v01.00.04.00. Should that fix the problem?

It switch from ch1 to ch8 multiple times.
briefly on ch8 then longer on ch8 and back to ch1. it can be seen on the outside of the display and no more ch is shown in the glasses

2020-2-27
Use props
Formosa2011
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Hi

I am having the same issue both at o4 and the latest 05 firmware
2020-4-18
Use props
Wiruz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300548 ft
Finland

Same Issue here on v01.00.04.00.the latest  v01.00.05.00 added more functions to the OSD which is very welcome but how about fixing existing issues like this also? If i have chosen channel 6 on the googles it should stay there even if i change quad. I don't care about Public channel at all as i chosen channel 6 as my default channel. Very annoying change every time and most of all midflight
2020-4-24
Use props
Formosa2011
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I still encountered the same issue yesterday, with the channel switching form ch7 and ch8 randomly with the signal is still strong, 3 bars. during the switching, it do not have warning message, just the ch display gone, and my buddy told me that my goggle outside dislay switch from 7 to 8 etc. During the switching, no viedo glitches, the flight time counter reseted, I didn't made any recording, so I don't know whether the recording will be terminated if I did, I think it will.

My plane is a nano talon, F4 flight controller and using my own transmitter, s-bus into the FC.  AU power by the same flight battery, UART wires connected and OSD functioning all the time except the flytime counter reseted
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules