Sparky sold
946 10 2019-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nntom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548734 ft

United States

Yes, yesterday I say goodbye to my little friend. All the best to all Sparky lovers. I'm gonna try with Mavic Mini, but, Sparky always in my heart ! Cheers
2019-12-8
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

My guess, the one or the other time, you will miss it!
Get back and compare to the Mini!
;-)
2019-12-8
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 12-8 01:58
My guess, the one or the other time, you will miss it!
;-)

Ditto, you will miss the spark!
2019-12-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day nntom. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I understand how you feel. In letting go of something you love. In addition it is great to know that you are choosing the DJI Mavic Mini as your next drone. If you have any inquiries or concerns with DJI or with the DJI Mavic Mini. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2019-12-8
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

Serbia

S-e-ven Posted at 12-8 01:58
My guess, the one or the other time, you will miss it!
;-)

Yes, of course and I hardly wait  . If there is any consolation, Sparky's new owner is a good man and his little 3 years daughter was extremely happy. I gave them every peace of aquepment I bought and 1 hour course.
2019-12-10
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

Serbia

ssylca44 Posted at 12-8 07:21
Ditto, you will miss the spark!

Yes, feelings (strange) are mixed, but to be honest, the aprox 25 minutes of flight with one bat was crucial to decide. Since Parrot Anafy came in game, I was asking my self, why Sparky can not fly 25 minutes, and it is only 20gr (I think) weight difference. In yellow pages there was Parrot Anafy for great price, but I decided to put money on Dji product.
2019-12-10
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

Serbia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-8 07:56
Hello and good day nntom. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I understand how you feel. In letting go of something you love. In addition it is great to know that you are choosing the DJI Mavic Mini as your next drone. If you have any inquiries or concerns with DJI or with the DJI Mavic Mini. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.

Sparky is very good and very nice piece of flying camera. But as I said, fly time was not safe enough for me. 3 minutes waiting for locking satellites, 5% battery power also. That is the only reason,and maybe that 4 km DJI said is now MM's flight long. What I'm very afraid of with Mavic mini is several drops from the sky, loosing picture, strange behaviorand very fragile body, I mean arms. Sparky was strong like a little tenk. Droped many times. One time droped in river, one time was on a sea bed and got alive and fly like champ after this. I'll buy MM now, to update. Hoping better. Thanks
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

nntom Posted at 12-10 15:57
Sparky is very good and very nice piece of flying camera. But as I said, fly time was not safe enough for me. 3 minutes waiting for locking satellites, 5% battery power also. That is the only reason,and maybe that 4 km DJI said is now MM's flight long. What I'm very afraid of with Mavic mini is several drops from the sky, loosing picture, strange behaviorand very fragile body, I mean arms. Sparky was strong like a little tenk. Droped many times. One time droped in river, one time was on a sea bed and got alive and fly like champ after this. I'll buy MM now, to update. Hoping better. Thanks

Thank you for sharing these information and your experience with your DJI Spark. Rest assured that DJI is doing its best to create and make durable and friendly DJI drones for all. Thank you.
2019-12-10
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Alas. Another has crossed over
2019-12-10
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

Serbia

As I said today commented on YouTube, I have ordered MM but caled a man to cancel order. Today's info that charging hub actually is not charger at all and not simultaneously charging 3 batteries like Sparky does, not to mention very much "drop suddenly cases", then, to many easy broken arms, lost connectivity with remote, lost picture on phone, not so great range, everything interfere, wind, wifis, water and who knows what else, made me question my decision. I'll wait to see will updates make it better and better from Spark. I'm brave flyer, but with those problems I can not have peace and enjoy.
2019-12-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

I think that as with all things capitalism, the market will tell you everything you need to know, and I can sell my spark right now for more than I paid for it on craigslist (online flee market of sorts)... prices have been going up..

I bought a spark from a refurb site last year about this time right before xmas and it was 199 bucks... the cheapest one on that site right now is 420....

I have 2 sparks and 2 mavic pro's and on a recent summer trip to spain was torn on which to take, in the end.. the spark won out.. its smaller, more portable, and with 4 batteries and the the battery charging base station .. I was able to pack it all in a small baby bottle sling bag that was small and light... and the spark was so small and quiet nobody even looked at it.. and once 50ft in the air, just looked like the rest of the small birds flying around.. got great footage and photos and nobody was the wiser... the mavic would have had 3 times the footprint and I would not have been able to charge on the go...

with this setup I got on average 9 flights as not every flight exhausted a battery to empty but the setup affords 6-7 flights til empty in a package that is impossibly small and rugged..

add to whit the mavic mini looses follow me and some other intelligent modes and its a no brainer.. the spark is a better platform... for the 'camera you have with you' crowd.. overall quality .. have not had a chance to 'pixel peep' between the two but honestly I have shown many photos and videos from my spark that most felt came from my 4k mavic pro until i told them otherwise so real world vs camera specs are over rated..

2019-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules