Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello,

Everytime I start the ronin app I get a message "Joystick error. Run Auto Tune for Joystick and restart gimbal".

The joystick is not functioning properly, time to time it moves/drifts automatically as if I was pressing the josystick a bit... so I guess the app detects that..

Does anyone know what is this kind of Joystick auto tune? I just see the Motor autoune but not for Joystick.
2019-12-8
Use props
fans78f1d43c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256601 ft
Slovenia

Same problem here all the time
2020-1-2
Use props
n00kia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256601 ft
Slovenia

I after 3 rounds of calibration it stays ok for 3-5 mins then it gets drifting again, I will rma it in a week if I get no response from dji
2020-1-2
Use props
VsMeister
New
Georgia

Same for me at all time,my gosh how to Run joystick auto tune ..
2020-1-11
Use props
reflexmotion
lvl.1

South Africa

I also just got this joystick error.  I did the standard auto tune, powered down and restarted and the error has gone away.  However I now cannot use the joystick in M3 (works fine on M1 and M2).  Any ideas?
2020-1-26
Use props
Eduardo Romero
New

Mexico

Trigger
Press and hold to use the Lock Mode.
Tap twice to recentre the Ronin.
Press three times to turn the camera 180°
Tap four times then hold to calibrate the joystick. Move the joystick in all directions then tap four times and hold to complete the calibration.

ITS WORKS
2020-1-28
Use props
fans22e50ec9
New
United States

Eduardo Romero Posted at 1-28 17:17
Trigger

Yeah tired that whole thing.
With all the taps and the joystick calibration, and it’s cool for like a minute.
But once you start switching between the user modes and using the joystick it still does the drifting
2020-2-7
Use props
fans7316640a
lvl.1
Italy

Hello,
I keep having the same issue with the joystick. In my experience most of the time is a matter of touching the joystick a bit and playing with it to get behaviour back to normal. I am sure is a faulty part the guys at DJI know about but don't now how to fix it.
Very annoying though.
2020-2-13
Use props
Nicolas_ks
New

Brazil

Estou com o mesmo problema aqui, ja fiz todas as regulagens mas continua. alguém consegiu resolver?
2020-8-24
Use props
djiuser_24F6I4mgq4et
New

Switzerland

I have the same issue with my Ronin RSC2. I tried everything and by doing that I just realized that it's not a software issue, but a manufacturing one. If I turn the joystick to the right it stays in a position a little bit off center to the right. It doesn't jump back all the way to the center. The joystick is very sensitive. If you try it really carefully to just push it back from right to the center it will stop rotating. The joysticks slightly jumps to the right and stays there if you push it to right. It's really hard to see it, but you will if you pay attention. If I touch the joystick very carefully with the tip of my thumb and I push it to the left/up/down it jumps back to the center. Try to push it to right the same way and it wont jump back all the way. It's hard to see, you have to pay attention and look closer. Calibrating wont help. Just push it back from right to the center position and the gimbal will stop rotating. Also no issues with the joystick in the DJI App.
2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_iCWmtDm49DJk
New

New Zealand

I thought I had damaged it in transit.

Has any one tried spraying some electro-clean into the base of the joystickm
2021-1-24
Use props
Saggi_09
New

Canada

djiuser_iCWmtDm49DJk Posted at 1-24 17:34
I thought I had damaged it in transit.

Has any one tried spraying some electro-clean into the base of the joystickm

I also just now encountered this problem. Not sure what to do!
2021-1-24
Use props
Manja
New

Austria

djiuser_24F6I4mgq4et Posted at 2020-12-13 08:07
I have the same issue with my Ronin RSC2. I tried everything and by doing that I just realized that it's not a software issue, but a manufacturing one. If I turn the joystick to the right it stays in a position a little bit off center to the right. It doesn't jump back all the way to the center. The joystick is very sensitive. If you try it really carefully to just push it back from right to the center it will stop rotating. The joysticks slightly jumps to the right and stays there if you push it to right. It's really hard to see it, but you will if you pay attention. If I touch the joystick very carefully with the tip of my thumb and I push it to the left/up/down it jumps back to the center. Try to push it to right the same way and it wont jump back all the way. It's hard to see, you have to pay attention and look closer. Calibrating wont help. Just push it back from right to the center position and the gimbal will stop rotating. Also no issues with the joystick in the DJI App.

Hello!I have the same mistake and can understand your description with the easy to move joystick. Have you already found a solution for this?
2021-4-9
Use props
djiuser_YqVPVXRhfCPu
New

India

I have same problem with my dji ronim sc2
Please help me
2021-4-14
Use props
Diamond Zero
New
Flight distance : 160440 ft
Switzerland

I had the same problem occuring right after my warranty expired. I contacted Dji and they told me I could send it in for repair. But I am not paying for anything, because it's not my fault. I can't use this Gimbal for filming, because it's not reliable anymore. It's really annoying, I can calibrate the joystick, but it starts drifting really fast when I slightly touch the joystick again. I don't know what to do.
2021-5-24
Use props
Diamond Zero
New
Flight distance : 160440 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_24F6I4mgq4et Posted at 2020-12-13 08:07
I have the same issue with my Ronin RSC2. I tried everything and by doing that I just realized that it's not a software issue, but a manufacturing one. If I turn the joystick to the right it stays in a position a little bit off center to the right. It doesn't jump back all the way to the center. The joystick is very sensitive. If you try it really carefully to just push it back from right to the center it will stop rotating. The joysticks slightly jumps to the right and stays there if you push it to right. It's really hard to see it, but you will if you pay attention. If I touch the joystick very carefully with the tip of my thumb and I push it to the left/up/down it jumps back to the center. Try to push it to right the same way and it wont jump back all the way. It's hard to see, you have to pay attention and look closer. Calibrating wont help. Just push it back from right to the center position and the gimbal will stop rotating. Also no issues with the joystick in the DJI App.

Did you fix it somehow?
2021-5-24
Use props
gwapoyus
New

Philippines

Had this error. What I did is turn on grip power button. Turn on gimbal power button. Try to calibrate but nothing happened just like attached image. Shutdown grip power button without turning off gimbal power button. Wait for 5 sec then start again grip power button and start gimbal button. And now I can auto calibrate it successfully just like attached image.
Screenshot_20210703_170131_com.dji.ronin.jpg
Screenshot_20210703_161414_com.dji.ronin.jpg
Screenshot_20210703_162945_com.dji.ronin.jpg
2021-7-3
Use props
aramsun
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue. I Autotuned and Calibrated with the app and updated to the latest Firmware. Still the joystick is faulty, one touch and it drifts upwards nonstop. Changing modes or on/off does not fix it.
2021-7-4
Use props
Sassaki
New

Brazil

Eduardo Romero Posted at 2020-1-28 17:17
Trigger

It worked here too
2021-7-16
Use props
Pacinamac
lvl.1

Indonesia

Is there any other methods to auto tune the joystick? Four click doesn't do anything....
2021-11-9
Use props
lizziam
New

Sweden

Hi!
I have a absolute new RSC2 and drifting upwards. Sending it in for replacement.
2021-12-4
Use props
djiuser_61vZyvtv3Kgp
New

India

Hello , Everytime I start the ronin app I get a message " Joystick error . Run Auto Tune for Joystick and restart gimbal " This problem solution  please
2021-12-15
Use props
Lonelyjoker1224
New

Philippines

Hey Guys, I have same issue but thanks God I got the solution. I am just using my Air Blower for my Computer and use it to Blower the JoyStick of my RONIN-SC and it works very much.
I am so Happy and I hope it will help to you guys!
2022-1-22
Use props
nbappy
lvl.1
Bangladesh

Lonelyjoker1224 Posted at 1-22 07:10
Hey Guys, I have same issue but thanks God I got the solution. I am just using my Air Blower for my Computer and use it to Blower the JoyStick of my RONIN-SC and it works very much.
I am so Happy and I hope it will help to you guys!

Does it really works? Could you please show some screenshots that how you blow on it…
2022-5-7
Use props
djiuser_gtd6nKxdFNXw
New

United States

Eduardo Romero Posted at 2020-1-28 17:17
Trigger

Hello,
Thanks for this! It worked the first couple of times I tried this, but only for a minute or two. Now it won’t work at all and the gimbal just spins to the right.

Is there a permanent solution to this? Does sending it back to DJI help? Can they do anything to fix it?

Thanks!
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_XKu6uy4fCd7x
New

United States

Ok so this just started happening me too and iono if this is some weird secret setting but all I did was click the joystick and it stopped. I clicked it again and it began drifting again. I clicked it again and it stopped. Hopefully that works for someone as well.
2023-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules